The clue is in the name.

68 Guns

45 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I recall standing on the popside before kickoff as the various parts of the county piped up to let us know they were there. Heanor! followed by everyone else shouting Sharples! always springs to mind. When the round up was done everyone chanted Derbyshire! Derbyshire! Derbyshire!

Cant you remember the odd Staffordshire chant from the Utch and Burton lot??

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know what the OP is referring to, so it obviously didn't bother me in the slightest!

Just now, Ramos said:

Me too I don’t live in Derby either - but yeah no idea what this thread is about ahah. 

I think he/she's feeling left out with all the recent talk of how much the club means to the city of Derby and how much of a blow it would be to the city if we were to liquidate. Presumably he/she is from somewhere outside the city.

1 hour ago, 68 Guns said:

Pedantic I know but I get properly upset with it. 

Always talking about what the club means to The City. 

Derby COUNTY

We're here too.......

I wouldn't get too upset about it mate. Everyone knows that a good chunk of the fanbase lives outside the city boundaries. Derbyshire, Northeast Leicestershire and East Staffordshire have huge Rams support, but for the sake of a slogan, its a bit easier to say City than try to encapsulate the diaspora of the sheepshag army!

?

I assume this is about the new flag.  We are Derby County , as soon as I saw the design I felt that it was a pity that no mention of Derbyshire , but understood that from a simplicity and design point of view ‘City’ worked best... well done to the guys who designed and sorted flag out so quickly .

Once we have come through this???then it would be great to see a Derbyshire and say East Staffs and NW Leicestershire flag or flags recognising that a large part of our support comes from these areas 

Jake who started the fundraiser and presumably came up with the wording, comes from near Burton.

Fact is, Derby County is a football club based in the city. There are no other large clubs in Derby, we are known as a one club city.

I would argue that a lot of the economic impact of the club is in the city (notwithstanding all those posh gaffs the players live in out in the leafy suburbs!)

It says Derby County on there and that's good enough for me. My club, that welcomes supporters from anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, SandiacreRam said:

I assume this is about the new flag.  We are Derby County , as soon as I saw the design I felt that it was a pity that no mention of Derbyshire , but understood that from a simplicity and design point of view ‘City’ worked best... well done to the guys who designed and sorted flag out so quickly .

Once we have come through this???then it would be great to see a Derbyshire and say East Staffs and NW Leicestershire flag or flags recognising that a large part of our support comes from these areas 

I think we sort of have that amongst the fans. I've seen Matlock, Buxton, Heanor, Ilkeston, Ripley, Belper, Ashbourne, Burton rams flags. Ive got a Uttoxeter rams flag,  theres many, many more as well. 

I think your right about the quickness and simplicity of just getting it done asap was the main thing.

7 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think we sort of have that amongst the fans. I've seen Matlock, Buxton, Heanor, Ilkeston, Ripley, Belper, Ashbourne, Burton rams flags. Ive got a Uttoxeter rams flag,  theres many, many more as well. 

I think your right about the quickness and simplicity of just getting it done asap was the main thing.

I forgot Long Eaton!!!! Some of the old "moth eaton" lads of the 70's would build a wicker man and burn me for that.?

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I always thought that the name Derby County came from the orgins of the football club being linked with Derbyshire County Cricket Club ?

Anyway, should the worst happen I'm all for the Derby Rams MLB franchise.

Yes that is correct. Created by the chairman of Derbyshire County Cricket Club as an offshoot of the club. That’s why it’s called Derby County