Food you have Smuggled into PP or the BBG

LN747

So, interested to know what food others have sneaked into stadia over the years ? I can prodley say I have never purchased any food substances from a ground in my 40 years of attendance-Some of my favourites have included the double sided sausage rolls we used to get in the 80s , savourey pancakes , with a sort of fish filling as opposed to jam, again an 80s special - maybe some yellow fish mixed with cream and herbs. But my most risky was the cheese flan - what you young people would now call keiche - it never looked the same when you opened the bag at HT as when mother shoved it in your pocket earlier that day but boy was it flavoursome. 
In the 90s I got a bit more adventurous and try more healthy options such as cheese sandwiches or celery sticks - the risk of bringing in a little bowl of salt to dip the celery in was risky but was worth it when it came to sharing it round at HT with the stewards 

still enough about my exploits what about you guys ? 
please don’t mention sweets I’ll do another post on this topic although I have to say the medium sized jelly based sweets of multiple flavours, with a liquid core - can’t mention the brands! have always been my favourite - and are a little more exotic from the standard fruit based jelly some of you bring in. Still no judgement here . 

And as for away days - well it’s obviously harder to get in the selection of foods as I did for home games but I had my methods…

My away days favourite in the 80s was the volouvant and also a cocktail sausages - these were easily hideable on your person and as yet no steward has detected these on me . Volouvants also firm up once cooled and if they we’re detected at the turnstiles I’d just say the cat had left it in my pocket - seemed to work . Plus a lot of places you’d visit noone had seen a volouvant so was easy to wriggle out of . 
Boy we got into some scrapes - I remember once we were truffling down some pineapple and cheese , minus the cocktail sticks of course !!!!!!!!! at gillingham away - the stewards spotted our unusual behaviour and moved towards us - without any hesitation it was shoes off , food in shoes , sorted - nothing to see here !

Well it worked and meant we had snacks for the journey home . Good times 

2 minutes ago, w8sey said:

Usually bring a drink with me. Still trying to financially recover from buying a bottle of coke in the concourse earlier in the season. 

As for food, popcorn chicken from my pre match KFC is a winner. 

Lol brilliant, they’d sell far more if it were cheaper and had a more exciting menu 

I took and packet of mini cheddars in once. The packet was out of a multi pack and it fit nicely into my packet. However it was at the Baseball Ground and when it got to half time in the Colombo Terrace I pulled out a packet of crumbs. Never bothered again. Alway drink on a full stomach my mother told me so I make sure I’m fed and watered before the games now.

Edited by Gritstone Ram
Typo

14 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Always Ginsters and hot choc...

Now tell me more about this double sausage roll?

Bit Like this but just 4 stuck together- so with two faces and two sides -  also tomato sausage meat , so a little different from the norm- found regularly on 80s Buffet Classics 

D336A0EA-333B-4FA1-9C38-D5A957F213CD.jpeg

1 hour ago, LN747 said:

So, interested to know what food others have sneaked into stadia over the years ? I can prodley say I have never purchased any food substances from a ground in my 40 years of attendance-Some of my favourites have included the double sided sausage rolls we used to get in the 80s , savourey pancakes , with a sort of fish filling as opposed to jam, again an 80s special - maybe some yellow fish mixed with cream and herbs. But my most risky was the cheese flan - what you young people would now call keiche - it never looked the same when you opened the bag at HT as when mother shoved it in your pocket earlier that day but boy was it flavoursome. 
In the 90s I got a bit more adventurous and try more healthy options such as cheese sandwiches or celery sticks - the risk of bringing in a little bowl of salt to dip the celery in was risky but was worth it when it came to sharing it round at HT with the stewards 

still enough about my exploits what about you guys ? 
please don’t mention sweets I’ll do another post on this topic although I have to say the medium sized jelly based sweets of multiple flavours, with a liquid core - can’t mention the brands! have always been my favourite - and are a little more exotic from the standard fruit based jelly some of you bring in. Still no judgement here . 

It’s people like you that have put the club in the dangerous financial position - millions of pounds in debt- that it finds itself in now.

5 minutes ago, Red_ram said:

My folks wanted to go to the Chilli Peppers gig at Pride Park (rolls eyes) and were seated in the west stand. They weren't happy when they had their full picnic confiscated, presumably in basket 'n all, knowing them.

They need lessons on the art of smuggling food into stadiums and cinemas - try getting a keiche into the cinema these days - your treated like a criminal!

2 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

That sounds amazing-homemade or shop bought?

Homemade of course - well so mother claimed - tbf I never saw her cooking but I’ve never seen them in the shops either - regular favourite at church buffets in the 80s 

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Never understood why people feel like they need to eat something at the stadium, mid-afternoon. Did you not have lunch earlier?

You know what your right - I wish you told me this 40 years ago - the hassle and worry I’ve had at the turnstiles all those years ! 
May try having a full buffet before Sheff U game and see if I can survive without half time meal