Nicholas Randall QC - Championship - Nottingham Forest

Peter Ridsdale - Championship - Preston North End

Neil Bausor - Championship - Middlesbrough

Jez Moxey - League One – Burton Albion

Steven Curwood - League One - Fleetwood Town

John Nixon - League Two – Carlisle United

What sway do these people have !

Has Nixon been replaced in one of his roles 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/19493887.carlisle-united-co-owner-john-nixon-replaced-efl-trust-chairman-lincoln-city-man/

Edited by Curtains
Added

35 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

That’s what rule 4.4 is about.

I must be looking in the wrong place. 

Just been on EFL site and looked at regulations for the 2021/22 season and section 2 seems to finish at regulation 4.3 ???

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-2---membership/

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't expect it for one moment but, there has to be some kind of response or movement.

Does there have to be? If Boro/WW can't legally sue Mel then why bother responding. And if Mel has agreed to indemnify the club against the claims them Boro/WW have no statement to make because it doesn't affect them.

Feels like the ball is in Mel's court here, to clarify what he is actually doing (unless he has and I have missed it apologies if so)

10 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

I must be looking in the wrong place. 

Just been on EFL site and looked at regulations for the 2021/22 season and section 2 seems to finish at regulation 4.3 ???

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-2---membership/

It's in the appendices: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/appendix-5-financial-fair-play-regulations/

9 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Does there have to be? If Boro/WW can't legally sue Mel then why bother responding. And if Mel has agreed to indemnify the club against the claims them Boro/WW have no statement to make because it doesn't affect them.

Feels like the ball is in Mel's court here, to clarify what he is actually doing (unless he has and I have missed it apologies if so)

True. Mel has to indemnify the club. However would Q then take this to court with whose lawyers? Morris would want his own lawyers on this. But they would need to represent DCFC. I mentioned this before. Surely this is a new potential issue?

I wonder if this has always been applied by the EFL 

5              Clubs Ceasing to be Members of the Championship

5.1          If a Club is promoted or relegated out of the Championship Division that Club shall, notwithstanding promotion or relegation, remain bound by these as if it were still a Championship Club, until such time as it has complied with all of its obligations relating to its last Season as a Championship Club.

What did we see of the 40 Million or so allegedly paid by QPR 

Sweet FA because Derby. Ever threatened legal action against QPR and we lost in a Final.  

Boro might have not got even to the final 

Edited by Curtains
Added

48 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Time to stop all the posts relating to the impartiality or otherwise of the EFL, we all know they couldn't run a bath.

Of course I understand where a lot of posters are coming from, but I'm just conscious I don't want Boro and the EFL to actually be playing the long game, hoping we make a load of libellous comments on here so they will actually come after us fans for compo rather than the club!

I'm trying to deal in the facts of this whole sorry affair, but it's become so tortuous and complicated that I find it hard to get my head around the timeline and how exactly we have arrived at this current situation. So while awaiting Mr Gibson's yay or nay to Mel's offer I'm piecing together such a timeline for my own benefit, to try and counter those who just come out with ridiculous statements such as 'well you cheated so you deserve to be liquidated', with reference to what the club has actually done compared to others in the league, and how we were found guilty in what feels like a very unfair process.

On reflection, I do wonder if Mel is actually such a villain in all this that he is portrayed as.

He was pursued by the EFL and Boro over a number of years with an ongoing transfer embargo and the sense that a huge points deduction was looming with likely relegation and possible successive relegations on the cards. There was a massive financial claim outstanding making a sale of the club by him very unlikely. So cutting his losses by entering administration would seem like the next step to give administrators a chance of resolving these issues by removing himself, as it had become very personal between him, the EFL and Boro.

Of course I understand this does not factor in the terrible cost to staff, businesses and charities owed money by the club, but would be interested to know if an owner has ever personally settled a businesses' debts first then put it into administration, as this would seem to be a most unusually altruistic thing to do from a business and personal finance point of view.

With regard to the money owed to HMRC an accountant I know has had a preliminary look at the club's audited accounts accessible on the Companies House website just to informally try to answer a question for me. They only extend up to 2018 but I am told that up to this point there was no money owed to HMRC. The £26-£29m owed is not from trading ie it is from PAYE, NI and VAT. When did the club start getting behind with these payments after 2018? How much can be explained by going into administration and amounts owed over the course of a year due to this?

28 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We all know how complicated it is and what’s the point in coming on here to read and write tribal nonsense that suggests everything is black and white. Refs are biased against us - give me a break 

Having watch 1000s of games of football, Played, Managed and Refereed to say Refs aren't biased against us is only an opinion, Juventus home and away, Atwell disallowing 2 perfectly good goals against the red dogs, Bobby Madley sending Martin off for a dive at Burnley instead of giving a penalty, Penalties not given to away teams at Anfield and Old Trafford, Do you remember Andy Durso being eaten alive for daring to give a penalty at Old Trafford to the away team?.

Referees are supposed to be impartial, Like judges, You can only give what you see, Unfortunately Refs and Judges will have a pre ordained opinion about those infront or those on the playing field before they get to see them

Again this is only my opinion, Not fact, But what i've seen over decades of watching football...I've seen referees are biased against SOME teams by SOME Referees.

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I wonder if this has always been applied by the EFL 

5              Clubs Ceasing to be Members of the Championship

5.1          If a Club is promoted or relegated out of the Championship Division that Club shall, notwithstanding promotion or relegation, remain bound by these as if it were still a Championship Club, until such time as it has complied with all of its obligations relating to its last Season as a Championship Club.

I'm pretty sure that's the rule they used to fine QPR when they got relegated back to the Championship.

2 minutes ago, SinceIWasntSoYoung said:

Seems quiet on all fronts this week regarding progress. Perhaps the EFL strategy is to wait until the Middlesbrough game so has to not add fuel to the fire, which we already know will be a highly-charged encounter. COYR!??

On this basis, just over 48 hours until we hear something…?

5pm Friday EFL, Admin , Gibson  or boro statement = the Derby Way 

6pm Friday the other group or individuals response 

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

If you have a non contract dispute for money the administrators are not allowed to pay anything it really is that simple - the EFL ability to totally ignore that reality is what is not solving this impasse and nothing will change until the administrators go down the legal route to enforce the process and when that happens the EFL will probably say oh you have broken our guidelines as we choose to interpret them. 
I would even consider 30,000 different Derby county supporters going to the small claims court against the EFL for not following their own rules on allowing inter club disputes as David has highlighted, yes I do not know what aspect for damages we could claim for but it means the EFL actually have to defend the claims or lose so it may well focus their attention 

13 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Tbh, when Pearce was part of the board you’ve got to ask yourself if he had some influence on the accounts being approved despite certain clubs notably boro not liking the way Mel went about his business as soon as Pearce left it gave them free reign to essentially go after derby

Well maybe but it seems a strange way of managing the conflict of interest in the long running dispute between Derby and Boro… to remove Pearce and replace him with the Boro guy. 

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Club representatives

Nicholas Randall QC - Championship - Nottingham Forest

Peter Ridsdale - Championship - Preston North End

Neil Bausor - Championship - Middlesbrough

Jez Moxey - League One – Burton Albion

Steven Curwood - League One - Fleetwood Town

John Nixon - League Two – Carlisle United

What sway do these people have !

Has Nixon been replaced in one of his roles 

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/19493887.carlisle-united-co-owner-john-nixon-replaced-efl-trust-chairman-lincoln-city-man/

From the article, Nixon appears to have stepped down from his role on the EFL Trust board, but retained that on the main EFL board:

'Nixon retains other roles in football, including his position as League Two clubs' representative on the EFL board.'

Just now, WestKentRam said:

From the article, Nixon appears to have stepped down from his role on the EFL Trust board, but retained that on the main EFL board:

'Nixon retains other roles in football, including his position as League Two clubs' representative on the EFL board.'

Yes that’s right .

I suppose the EFL Board has to be impartial .

26 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Yes there does.

Even if Mel is prepared to indemnify the club (which I doubt), surely he would be waiting for Middlesbrough and Wycombe to reject his current offer to pursue him instead of the club first. I suspect their response would be that their case is against the club not an individual and it cannot be switched to Mel.

To continue the tennis analogy, Mel has lobbed the ball over the net with his invitation to take him on instead of the club. ( If the umpire (EFL? legal experts?) says it’s a foul shot and needs to be taken again then it is back with Mel).He needs to wait for them to either let the ball go (and drop their case) or return it with either an acceptance or refusal. If they refuse then either he lets the ball go past him and we're back to square one or he volleys it back with an indemnity.

Edited by Tamworthram

3 hours ago, jono said:

What seems so odd is that it seems there has been no time line / critical path / plan of action issued by the EFL. 

This is a matter that is disrupting their competition that all fans finance either from ticket sales or TV subscriptions.

Have I missed the blindingly obvious ? Everything from the governing body seems to be .. what they can’t do or who they have “invited” to discuss .. where are the instructions, orders, rulings ? 

There are only rulings about us it seems 

33 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No We cannot find what efl’s insolvency policy is.

so we don’t know what it says or even what status is has

Yes PdP you have hit on a point here that no one else has yet mentioned. We know what the legal effect is of the articles but don’t understand what is the status of this policy. I don’t know the regulatory framework well enough to answer but if there is a basis for questioning what the EFl is saying this would be it I reckon. But their view on this doubtless reflects the views of their lawyers so I doubt it helps us

Didn’t share any of the other views in your post