The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, David said:

This is what we're up against. 

C4CCDEFF-8BBC-47EC-BE9C-2DCF11CE0CB5.jpeg

Reporter for TalkSport and Sky Sports. I mean, it's just total and utter poo. 

The reason that every season nowadays one or more EFL club finds itself hit with penalty points deductions for breaching P&S can be traced back to 1991 when the PL broke away from the EFL, thereby destroying the fair competition practices for all clubs that had previously prevailed  since the founding of the EFL. The flood of TV money into the PL since then, most of which has been channeled through Sky, has destroyed the level playing field that all clubs enjoyed playing on. The dreams of fans in the lower leagues of their clubs to rise through to the top tier of English football have been extinguished. In my time watching football, Northampton, Leyton Orient, Oxford, Swindon, Barnsley, Oldham, Bradford City, Wimbledon, Reading, Notts County, Wigan and maybe others realised those dreams for a while but now never again. So Sky has to take a big share of the blame. The same company that pays Mr Moron's wages.

I have the complete Sky package of broadband, phone, TV and it costs me over £130 a month. I have had Sky since its inception but no more after reading Laurence Moron on twitter today. I have just come off the phone after informing Sky that I am terminating my whole contract and transferring next month to BT, citing the comments of Mr Moron about DCFC for leaving. The very polite lady who tried to to persuade me to stay, said she fully understood and she would report it upwards within the company just how much Mr Moron's non-impartial comments had angered the DCFC fanbase. 

45 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

but what about actions for libel, negligence, tortious interference with contractual rights, conspiracy, claims for restitution, claims arising out of criminal acts, breach of trust etc etc ?  None of these requires a contract to be in place (and as you know I think Gibbo will say there is one in place anyway) 

You are Professor Pope and I claim my £5.

6 minutes ago, David said:

I'm not against this, just think that they will receive the standard we are aware of the proposal and looking into it.

Would love to see them pushing the regulations, seeing why they don't apply to this case. 

Having dismissed insolvency law it's no surprise, just think it would be worth hearing them answer it.

3.5 under membership and 4.4 under financial fair play @RamsfanJim

(apologies for sounding like a broken record everyone, just think it's information worthy of knowing)

Not a broken record fella, I would hope but doubt very much that those in Westminster and the EFL give 2 ducks where 3.5 and 4.4 are concerned, The whole pretext is for us to be relegated, Parry himself said on twitter before it was removed...that Derby County deserve to be relegated, The EFLs response to be being disapointed with the outcome of their appeal says a lot about that organisation.

You can put your life on it that if there's just a couple of games left and we're in touching distance of safety there'll be some shenanigans for us to lose out on safety, The MPs are doing their upmost, But words fail me where the "sports minister" is concerned, Derby fans will not take it sitting down if we go tits up, The next GE election the electorate will remember that when they asked for help those who could...wouldn't.

53 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

but what about actions for libel, negligence, tortious interference with contractual rights, conspiracy, claims for restitution, claims arising out of criminal acts, breach of trust etc etc ?  None of these requires a contract to be in place (and as you know I think Gibbo will say there is one in place anyway) 

None of these can be claimed for because clubs cannot sue other clubs. And none of these are what are being claimed anyway. .. so far as I know. 

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Not a broken record fella, I would hope but doubt very much that those in Westminster and the EFL give 2 ducks where 3.5 and 4.4 are concerned, The whole pretext is for us to be relegated, Parry himself said on twitter before it was removed...that Derby County deserve to be relegated, The EFLs response to be being disapointed with the outcome of their appeal says a lot about that organisation.

You can put your life on it that if there's just a couple of games left and we're in touching distance of safety there'll be some shenanigans for us to lose out on safety, The MPs are doing their upmost, But words fail me where the "sports minister" is concerned, Derby fans will not take it sitting down if we go tits up, The next GE election the electorate will remember that when they asked for help those who could...wouldn't.

Do you know when parry said on Twitter that Derby should be relegated? I mean Efl have tried a few times and still are so it could be anytime. 

13 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

The MP's are on board with the football creditor/football debt issue, will have an impact on HMRC.

However in the push to show why an independent regulator is desperately needed, providing them with examples of their own regulations which they are ignoring is extra ammunition.

Will it help our current situation? Possibly not, I suspect the EFL will find a way around as they have done with the insolvency law.

Keep handing them bigger shovels for that hole they have dug themselves into.

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Do you know when parry said on Twitter that Derby should be relegated? I mean Efl have tried a few times and still are so it could be anytime. 

He said "deserve to be relegated" early January but not sure as he's spouted so much contradictory statements, It was deleted soon afterwards.

4 minutes ago, David said:

The MP's are on board with the football creditor/football debt issue, will have an impact on HMRC.

However in the push to show why an independent regulator is desperately needed, providing them with examples of their own regulations which they are ignoring is extra ammunition.

Will it help our current situation? Possibly not, I suspect the EFL will find a way around as they have done with the insolvency law.

Keep handing them bigger shovels for that hole they have dug themselves into.

How about next time you write to your friend Rick Parry,  David mention that you are creditor too.. actually so are many fans, especially those who work for local businesses.

Certainly as such i am unimpressed by EFL using their unspecified "rules" to undermine the insolvency practitioner who is trying to get the best deal for the creditors and a rescue for the club. It is , in my view,  quiet scandalous.  

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

He said "deserve to be relegated" early January but not sure as he's spouted so much contradictory statements, It was deleted soon afterwards.

This January 2022? Or in 2021? Maybe tell Wycombe because they might need to know which year Rick Parry would have liked us to be relegated.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

How about next time you write to your friend Rick Parry,  David mention that you are creditor too.. actually so are many fans, especially those who work for local businesses.

Certainly as such i am unimpressed by EFL using their unspecified "rules" to undermine the insolvency practitioner who is trying to get the best deal for the creditors and a rescue for the club. It is , in my view,  quiet scandalous.  

Don't think the sum I am owed is large enough to have an impact like that. 

Also it's a bit like when you're dating, when you send a message and receive no reply, don't send another as they are not interested.

Actually a great tip right there for anyone that is on Tinder. You might think she's the one, but if she's ignored your message, well you ain't the one for her.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

100% this.

Why is a "football debt" any more worthy than one by the local plumber? In fact there's a good argument that a local business is MUCH more worthy of being paid that a third-party club funded by some mega-rich nonentity.

29 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The reason that every season nowadays one or more EFL club finds itself hit with penalty points deductions for breaching P&S can be traced back to 1991 when the PL broke away from the EFL, thereby destroying the fair competition practices for all clubs that had previously prevailed  since the founding of the EFL. The flood of TV money into the PL since then, most of which has been channeled through Sky, has destroyed the level playing field that all clubs enjoyed playing on. The dreams of fans in the lower leagues of their clubs to rise through to the top tier of English football have been extinguished. In my time watching football, Northampton, Leyton Orient, Oxford, Swindon, Barnsley, Oldham, Bradford City, Wimbledon, Reading, Notts County, Wigan and maybe others realised those dreams for a while but now never again. So Sky has to take a big share of the blame. The same company that pays Mr Moron's wages.

I have the complete Sky package of broadband, phone, TV and it costs me over £130 a month. I have had Sky since its inception but no more after reading Laurence Moron on twitter today. I have just come off the phone after informing Sky that I am terminating my whole contract and transferring next month to BT, citing the comments of Mr Moron about DCFC for leaving. The very polite lady who tried to to persuade me to stay, said she fully understood and she would report it upwards within the company just how much Mr Moron's non-impartial comments had angered the DCFC fanbase. 

Off thread keep up your threat to cancel and go through customer retention department. I have sky sports, landline and broadband and pay £65 a month all because I threatened to leave. Off topic but hits the company that distroyed the level playing field

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

If clubs can't sue each other, what do you and @David reckon this rule means: ? 

95           Agreement to Arbitrate

95.1        Membership of The League shall constitute an agreement in writing ... between each Club for the purposes of section 5 of the Arbitration Act:

95.1.1    to submit those disputes described out in Regulation 95.2 to final and binding arbitration ... ;

95.2        The following disputes fall to be resolved under this Section of the Regulations:

95.2.5   disputes between ... each Club arising from these Regulations or otherwise (‘Other Disputes’)

Because disputes may arise  from the regulations if a Club unfairly criticises another (as Gibson has done, in breach of one of the regulations ). Or otherwise because of contractual disputes over transfer payments etc.   

Gibson can dispute what he wants but the resolution is that he is just a chancer and should be told to go away.

40 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Well hopefuly this will end up with you getting a discount on your Sky subs and Moron getting removed from his reporting job at Sky. he can still report on FCCymru if he wants.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Don't think the sum I am owed is large enough to have an impact like that. 

Also it's a bit like when you're dating, when you send a message and receive no reply, don't send another as they are not interested.

Actually a great tip right there for anyone that is on Tinder. You might think she's the one, but if she's ignored your message, well you ain't the one for her.

Never heard of David and Goliath? and there's quite  a few Davids you know.  

On the other point you might have got her name wrong and mistyped it. Or she might have deleted your contact details by mistake. Always live in hope. If she tells you to get lost creep, then even i would get that message.

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

100% this.

Why is a "football debt" any more worthy than one by the local plumber? In fact there's a good argument that a local business is MUCH more worthy of being paid that a third-party club funded by some mega-rich nonentity.

Agreed. especially when the "footbal debt" is Gibson's wet dream of what might have been.