The Administration Thread

Boycie

24 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I'm sure he will endear himself to fans if we end up with his offer providing us with yet another points deduction. Talk about making a poor first impression.

My first impression would be that he saved my club. Any other point of view would strike me as mardy,  ungrateful, whiney and entitled.

Just now, Andicis said:

They are turned down because their offer to the creditors is lower. That's it. They are legally obligated to get the best deal for creditors. They are doing this. 

How do you know that this time around that is what happened? CK jumped in when the Council muttered about buying the stadium and so Q split the deal. They didn't tout around for offers for just the Club did they, else why not consider Appleby too?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that this time around that is what happened? CK jumped in when the Council muttered about buying the stadium and so Q split the deal. They didn't tout around for offers for just the Club did they, else why not consider Appleby too?

Because the administrators would be breaking the law if they weren't pursuing the deal that is best for the creditors, Roy. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Because the administrators would be breaking the law if they weren't pursuing the deal that is best for the creditors, Roy. 

As Q are a preferred creditor, the best deal for ensuring they get paid their £4million (which needs to be paid at the time of completion) quite possibly could affect their decision.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much longer with 5 contracted players?

Who knows? 

Until a viable buyer completes a deal.. Until there is no viable buyer and they are forced to make the decision to liquidate the club. Until the league decide there's no prospect of us being able to complete our fixtures. 

Plenty of business which go into administration don't come out the other side if there's no viable way to keep them going. Most of the time that's considered an outcome of what are quite naturally rather grave circumstances rather than any failing of the administrators. 

We're not going to be liquidated anyway, if worst comes to worst Mike Ashley will step in before that happens as the last resort. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Give over Roy. There is no big conspiracy to stop Mike Ashley buying Derby, his offer is just worse. Please stop posting embarrassing things. 

Oh stop with the MA crap, what about Appleby or the Binnies?

1 minute ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Who knows? 

Until a viable buyer completes a deal.. Until there is no viable buyer and they are forced to make the decision to liquidate the club. Until the league decide there's no prospect of us being able to complete our fixtures. 

Plenty of business which go into administration don't come out the other side if there's no viable way to keep them going. Most of the time that's considered an outcome of what are quite naturally rather grave circumstances rather than any failing of the administrators. 

We're not going to be liquidated anyway, if worst comes to worst Mike Ashley will step in before that happens as the last resort. 

You assume Q will contact him?

They get their money from liquidation anyway.

Just now, Andicis said:

I mean it's exactly the same? Their offer is just worse? For what conceivable reasons would the administrators risk breaking the law to aid Kirchner? 

It seemed easier?

Why is Appleby still interested?

25 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Clearly none of us want the club to be liquidated.

I can understand people wanting Ashley rather than us being wound up. I do myself.

But a vocal group seem to prefer Ashley to CK, even without this latest delay.

What I don't understand is why the Appleby consortium isn't the second to CK or even the first choice for folks.

I admit I’ve not read every post on this thread, or on Twitter but all I’ve seen are a lot of people who are vehemently opposed to Ashley for various reasons and some who are ambivalent about who takes us over but just don’t see Ashley taking over as the beginning of the ‘end times’.

Not seen very much, if anything, which suggests there’s a vocal group who are supporting Ashley over all other possibilities. In any event having ‘a hero’ or a ‘villain’ of the piece is all a bit pointless given we will have absolutely no say at all in who takes over. People can have a bit of a whinge, decide to boycott games but it’ll make no difference at all to who takes over.

Edited by LazloW

13 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Trying to buy the club with make believe money is always going to be tricky.

How do you convince someone that something you can’t see or touch is real and has value?

I certainly have no idea what crypto currency is and would not trust it not to vanish into to thin air. In fact I believe I am wrong. Maybe it exists in the gaps in between thin air…or maybe it doesn’t.

If you read what he said about his investment in crypto currency it was that he made a lot of money by investing early and then cashing in 90% of his holdings. The money he says he has transferred is coming in currency not bitcoins. The fact that Q have not yet removed his PB status could well be because their checks reveal that it has been held up by money laundering checks as has been indicated. The vast majority of such checks pass scrutiny as being legitimate. Very few fall into the threshold of criminality.

I have been following this for the past two days from my sunbed in Kos, checking in just three times a day instead of every ten minutes from home. I am very grateful for that. From afar I still maintain hope that very soon Chris Kirchner will become the owner of Derby County and if so Ed Dawes is banned for life from Pride Park. 

if not we are definitely in the s*** for next season.

These are my considered thoughts as I round off a long hot day with several coffees and Metaxas. If I am talking balls then I apologise.

COYR Kalinichta and Jamas