The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

“The Binnie family submitted their latest offer on Monday in the belief there were no other bids on the table.”

The article only suggests it was THEIR belief ! 

Yep, but why ....? IF true.

Surely the administrators who are trying to get through best price would have said 'sorry that bid is nowhere near what we already have, a million or two more isn't going to make any difference'.

Why were they still involved in the process, why had the administrators not told them they were in the wrong ballpark? Trying to see its good news that they have a better offer but it doesn't feel like its much better?

9 hours ago, 68 Guns said:

It may have been said already, I really can't be arsed to go through numerous posts accusing a bloke with a bit of realism in his thoughts of being a red dog. @RipleyRich

I fail to understand why the Binnies pulling out is good news. They said they've been trying to buy the club since June, yet super Mel felt we were better off in Admin. 

They are bang on with the fact we are devalued with Jan sales.

Why would the admin even be in discussion with them if their bid was so far below the other bids as is alluded to on here.

It seems to me that we are in massive, massive trouble. I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me we are on the verge of liquidation.

I have to admit I'm 12 pints deep and busy listening to The Jam greatest hits.

Just off to Wardour Street....

Just to put the record straight, just because I don`t have a season ticket at Pride Park, it doesn`t make me a Derby Hater.

I have far too many connections to the club, and have a level of affection for a club that has given me a lot of happy memories. I am also a football fan and understand the hurt that the true fans are feeling. It`s a God awful situation, created by one man and I am genuinely concerned for the future of the club. But, as I have a good degree less emotional attachment to the club than most on here, I can stand back and look at things in a slightly different way. I bloody well hope my fears and concerns are proved wrong.

By the way - nice choice of soundtrack!

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Nothing. 

No one would want it .

It would be tainted 

Even if Dcfc were to relocate and play at notts County or something pps would be worth quite a lot even as it is. 

you’ve got two shop units and two bar food outlets on the outside plus the function rooms inside. Executive boxes could be redone as Airbnb . Do something with the concourse . Plus all the surrounding land . 

Mind you what you would do with seating for 32k people I don’t know . 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Even if Dcfc were to relocate and play at notts County or something pps would be worth quite a lot even as it is. 

you’ve got two shop units and two bar food outlets on the outside plus the function rooms inside. Executive boxes could be redone as Airbnb . Do something with the concourse . Plus all the surrounding land . 

Mind you what you would do with seating for 32k people I don’t know . 

I tell you this if this club folds I will never set foot on the Pride Park area again .

Duck um all .

Edited by Curtains
Altered

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would it be tainted if it was developed for another use?

If a developer saw an opportunity I doubt very much they’d hold back simply because of the history of ground.

Oh yes the history books will say .

Hey we used to have a Football Team that played there but Derby City Council let it fold 

10 hours ago, Rev said:

He paid £150m for Newcastle, subsidised their losses of around £15m a year for a decade or so, and sold up for £303m. 

How did he make a fortune?

Well a simple calculation on those numbers is £3m profit, then there is the land that he "removed" from Club ownership and is now developing. Plus god knows what other monies he generated via interest, Director payments and fees etc etc.

Mike Ashley will not have lost any cash as a result of his tenure at Newcastle.

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Yep, but why ....? IF true.

Surely the administrators who are trying to get through best price would have said 'sorry that bid is nowhere near what we already have, a million or two more isn't going to make any difference'.

Why were they still involved in the process, why had the administrators not told them they were in the wrong ballpark? Trying to see its good news that they have a better offer but it doesn't feel like its much better?

They were told they needed to bid £50m, weren't they? 

Just now, BobdeBilder said:

I thought I read somewhere that the city council would not allow the land to be redeveloped for any other purpose?

The City Council need to step in and save the club .

Whats happened to them after all their noise and good intentions and what’s happened to the MPs ! 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I tell you this if this club folds I will never set foot on the Pride Park area again .

Duck um all .

What, even if a Phoenix club is created and somehow manages to keep playing it’s home games at PP?

I hate what Mel has allowed to happen at Derby but I am not vindictive enough to refuse to attend PP.

If a Phoenix club was created, where it plays it’s home games is quite a dilemma. Obviously to stay in Derby would be preferable as we are a Derby club and I think we’d lose a lot of fans in we ground shared at somewhere like Notts County. Many of us have pledged to keep supporting Derby regardless and, whilst no doubt we’d lose a few, I doubt the Pirelli would be big enough.

Obviously the cost would very likely be prohibitive but, unlike Curtains, my preference would be to remain at PP. Sadly though, it would all come down to predicted attendances v costs. I suspect costs would win.

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Oh yes the history books will say .

Hey we used to have a Football Team that played there but Derby City Council let it fold 

Derby City Council let it fold? What do you expect the council to do? Bail us out?

Got to disagree. If we did vacate PP I’m sure the council would much rather allow change of us, and indeed try to find someone to make use of the site, rather than allow an empty stadium to remain and become derelict as a constant reminder of what went wrong. 

No one is that interested in what the history books will say. In 5 years it would be a case of “oh yes, there used to be a football stadium there”. Better that that a derelict monument.