The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

One player who was a mate of my late old man in the early seventies told him, that he was on £ 200/week plus win bonuses, to a gullible 10 year old i never thought it would be ever possible to spend £200/week, let alone earn it.

I left school in 1971, My 1st wage packet was £6.50, After insurence I came out with the huge some of £5.93, Gave my Mum £1.50 for board and the rest was mine.

Then life dawned on me, I had to buy my own clothes ?

I believe that Liverpool paid one of the highest win bonuses in the 70s, Just as much as their weekly wage ?, Jimmy Hill broke the professional footballer wage cap when threatening to strike.

Read this...wow

In January 2018, Mesut Özil signed a new contract with Arsenal Football Club. The German midfielder would enter a three-year extension with the Gunners worth approximately £55.9 million including an annual average salary of £13.975 million, equating to £350,000 per week.

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

In my view he had just got us on the turn. Yes, McClaren might have done a few tweaks that elevated us a bit quicker, but after 3 or 4 years of rebuilding a club in (another) financial hole, with very little real money to spend, he had assembled a squad playing some good football, with players fully behind him. He deserved at least another year. To also sack him immediately after the Forest game was brutal. There is another matter I think that was spoken of a time, something personal in Clough’s life, but it escapes me Nick. Perhaps someone else can add their twopenneth, although we would be going remarkably off tangent if we turn this thread into a Nigel Clough debate. Going to enjoy my beer now. Will try to catch up again on Zoom soon ?

Cheers. Enjoy your roast. I’m too hungover for a beer and can’t be arsed to cook a Sunday dinner, so I’m settling for a Maccies.

24 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Strange counter argument. How about ‘We wouldn’t be in the current mess if the Club had not been bought by Morris?’. Equally strange. Pete, you and I often go round in circles. But not this afternoon. I am one hour from a Sunday Roast, I am on to my second beer, and a bottle of wine is suggestively winking at me. Once I have slept it all off I may return to enjoy further circular arguments ?

Please argue responsibly ?

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

?

Its from Nixon dated 25th October 2021 and says:

"Kirchner is also keen to deal with the EFL and appeal for the overall points penalties they face are at a sensible level.

Owner of ‘global solutions’ Slync.io among other companies, Kirchner is expected to pass the ‘fit and proper’ tests and has millions behind his bid.

The cost of taking the club out of admin AND buying the stadium from former owner Mel Morris should cost around £50mn. The only snag is the threat of relegation."

So it wasn't the groundsman.

Nowhere on Kirchners twitter rantings can I see it says how much he bid.

3 hours ago, Maharan said:

But if Mel is so willing to blur the lines around the whole situation, then HMRC could reasonably ask why he’s not willing to wade in and pay the outstanding tax debt. 
honestly, I think it’s all hot air from Morris. Surely you can’t pick and choose which of your outstanding liabilities you want to satisfy when you’ve put the club into administration? 

He’s not legally obligated to do any of it so it’s not a real question is it. Morris has made a fair offer and whoever turns it down will look like what they are.

12 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I left school in 1971, My 1st wage packet was £6.50, After insurence I came out with the huge some of £5.93, Gave my Mum £1.50 for board and the rest was mine.

Then life dawned on me, I had to buy my own clothes ?

I believe that Liverpool paid one of the highest win bonuses in the 70s, Just as much as their weekly wage ?, Jimmy Hill broke the professional footballer wage cap when threatening to strike.

Read this...wow

In January 2018, Mesut Özil signed a new contract with Arsenal Football Club. The German midfielder would enter a three-year extension with the Gunners worth approximately £55.9 million including an annual average salary of £13.975 million, equating to £350,000 per week.

' You greedy kit '  Paul Kitsons transfer to Newcastle on the brink as he makes demand to be the highest paid player at £250,000 per year'.  Sod all now and that was maybe 26 years ago.

Headline when he left us us. 

Every things gone mad since then.  Think Scott Parker was getting 3 million a year at Chelsea whilst Veron was on 8.  I can't remember them even playing.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

"Kirchner is also keen to deal with the EFL and appeal for the overall points penalties they face are at a sensible level.

Owner of ‘global solutions’ Slync.io among other companies, Kirchner is expected to pass the ‘fit and proper’ tests and has millions behind his bid.

The cost of taking the club out of admin AND buying the stadium from former owner Mel Morris should cost around £50mn. The only snag is the threat of relegation."

So of four bids, only two wanted the stadium. Ashley was one and is out. Kirchner was the other and is out. Both wanted to pay 'less'.

Edited by RoyMac5

40 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

6 months ago I was complaining repeatedly about the EFL’s failure to control Gibson and his cronies

But it’s no good complaining about what they are doing now. Their backs are against the wall and they’ll do nothing involving Derby without legal sign off. They have an insolvency policy, we approved it I believe. It’s designed to be applied when clubs are insolvent. Their lawyers have obviously told them how it applies in our case and we’re saying they should ignore it? 

Which bit of that reply answered @uttoxram75's question? 

3 hours ago, winktheram said:

So two left in them. The 'Preferred' preferred bidder all along, Appleby, (as he's the only one that is prepared to give MM what he wants for the stadium and Q seem to be going along with it) but can't raise all the fuss yet. And Binnies who are low ball, want to rent stadium. Not going to end well this. 

Yanks don’t mind renting generally - a lot of stadiums in the USA are owned locally by the various council's etc 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

?

image.thumb.png.6336e56aeffd85f18cdf92162057232b.png

@oldben said 'it was rumoured' he didn't mention mention Twatter, neither did I.

You sarcastically asked where the claim came from, "Was it, by who, Fred the groundsman?" there's your answer, right in front of your eyes and you still managed to miss it ?

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

' You greedy kit '  Paul Kitsons transfer to Newcastle on the brink as he makes demand to be the highest paid player at £250,000 per year'.  Sod all now and that was maybe 26 years ago.

Headline when he left us us. 

Every things gone mad since then.  Think Scott Parker was getting 3 million a year at Chelsea whilst Veron was on 8.  I can't remember them even playing.

I'm all for the free market as I was an ex senior union official, Film stars, Pop stars, Sports stars Footballers are earning what we can only dream of(i'm fine with what I have tho)we the punter if we want to follow or watch we pay a very high price in monetary terms.

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

image.thumb.png.6336e56aeffd85f18cdf92162057232b.png

@oldben said 'it was rumoured' he didn't mention mention Twatter, neither did I.

You sarcastically asked where the claim came from, "Was it, by who, Fred the groundsman?" there's your answer, right in front of your eyes and you still managed to miss it ?

You didn't read the article, the headline is clickbait. ? Shame you don't do Twitter you'd be able to ask the source:

Oh and because you don't look for info on Twitter here's more ?

Edited by RoyMac5

45 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

The turning point was when clubs got to keep their own gate receipts.

One of the reasons I detest Man Utd - they were one of the main clubs behind the change (could it possibly have been because they had the largest ground?!!) - completely broke the competitive nature of the game by lettting the bigger clubs get bigger while the smaller clubs floundered.....