The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think the earlier reports went into the impasse and what needs to be done about it. 

The 8.40 report was the feature piece, designed to pull on the heartstrings. It worked in that respect.

What were the earlier reports angie I saw the piece at 8.37 and it was brilliant.

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Any money raised by selling players now is unlikely to go anywhere near creditors. It'll be used to keep the club going whilst a Preferred Bidder is selected or, ultimately, ensure the Administrators get their fees on liquidation. So creditors and opposition clubs clamouring for the club to sell players for the benefit of creditors are either misguided or disingenuous. 

The administrators role is to get money for the creditors ,if that means selling players then they sell,it is not in their remit to use such money to keep the club going until/if a PB is selected,they are heavily regulated as to their responsibilities and actions.

7 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

Nice one, came across well - I don't know how you held it together.

Welling up watching breakfast tv is something I never imagined would happen. 

Wasn’t me mate.  The whole family came across well and got across what it means to the fans.  On the whole, it was a nice piece.

Made me think watching them that I’m the last one in our family line.  No brothers, sisters or kids to carry on supporting The Rams.  Really don’t want it to end.

25 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There's a chap on saying that he has the same seat every game. 

@i-Ram is that you? ?

A fan based item which was different but didn't say anything about the EFL, Gibbo, admin etc

Was good tho

Think it was better being personal and about history. It is that side that is galvanising the pressure and difficult to argue with 

47 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you think Nixon is bad! This is headlined 'fresh twist', which as far as I can see is the suggestion we don't need to name a PB for now, just come up with £5m in funds to get us to the end of the season. 'Fresh'?! 'Twist'?!

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-efl-ashley-6550535

All from the DM article with such lines as:

"But if they show signs of progress this week, they are unlikely to be expulsed"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10441291/Derby-Championship-expulsion-avoided-Mike-Ashley-two-parties-frame.html

Daily Mail seem to have a good cop bad cop policy for journalists on their paper.

Martin Samuel is excellent. Most of the rest total garbage.

46 minutes ago, Matlock Old Ram said:

Do we need to up the pressure. The petition has slowed considerably and MPs have gone silent. Can we all ramp this up and bring it back into people’s attention? 

Everyone tweet @TheLastLeg    For their #isitok section. They get real results in highlighting hypocrisy, corruption and social justice causes. They also have a massive online following including celebs and sports people as it was all about the Paralympics to start. They love their sport and Alex Brooker is a huge Arsenal fan. 

1 minute ago, atherstoneram said:

The administrators role is to get money for the creditors ,if that means selling players then they sell,it is not in their remit to use such money to keep the club going until/if a PB is selected,they are heavily regulated as to their responsibilities and actions.

And what's going to raise more money for creditors - selling players for a fraction of the value that they've given them in their asset register, or retaining them to enhance the value of the club to secure a rescue deal? 

Administration isn't about liquidating the company's assets - it's a balancing act designed to save the company whilst also maximising the returns to creditors taking all factors into consideration. Liquidation rarely, if ever, achieves more for creditors than a CVA, or even a restructuring deal, so as long as there are interested parties, the Administrators are justified in not reducing the club to uncompetitive rump. 

21 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So a near sell out crowd on Sunday and that’s not going to bring in money? Plus Sky tv money too. 

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

And what's going to raise more money for creditors - selling players for a fraction of the value that they've given them in their asset register, or retaining them to enhance the value of the club to secure a rescue deal? 

Administration isn't about liquidating the company's assets - it's a balancing act designed to save the company whilst also maximising the returns to creditors taking all factors into consideration. Liquidation rarely, if ever, achieves more for creditors than a CVA, or even a restructuring deal, so as long as there are interested parties, the Administrators are justified in not reducing the club to uncompetitive rump. 

How many are available to leave on a free in the summer? The administrators cannot reduce the club to a state to any less that it already is

15 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Daily Mail seem to have a good cop bad cop policy for journalists on their paper.

Martin Samuel is excellent. Most of the rest total garbage.

What do you reckon is causing the 'hold up' after the EFL statement about 'positive' thingamajigs Pete? Or do you think the statement was to keep the EFL away from the politicos?

We've got 'three' bidders and an amount to see us to the end of the season needed. Why aren't we green to go? Do you think they've got different sale prices depending on whether we do the 'great Escape' or not?

Edited by RoyMac5

42 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

At this moment in time,if i were a creditor i would be pushing the administrators as to why players haven't been sold while they have the chance,there is no guarantee of more money in the future. As for never coming out of administration EFL rules clearly state "no club is allowed to remain in administration for Two consecutive seasons"

There is only Lawrence really as the other sellable youngsters won’t attract anything different from what the administrators would get if we were liquidated and in terms of Lawrence we would only be getting around £500,000 at best in cash as most clubs don’t have cash! Also with so many players being out of contract they can sign for whoever they want to in July anyway in England and may well have already signed with international clubs already. So in terms of money coming in what we would get is simply pitiful unless a premiership club went daft.

Just now, PistoldPete said:

So a near sell out crowd on Sunday and that’s not going to bring in money? Plus Sky tv money too. 

We don't get the Sky tv money,whilst the club is in administration, the money is retained by the EFL in the event of the club going into liquidation and is then used to pay off football creditors.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

There is only Lawrence really as the other sellable youngsters won’t attract anything different from what the administrators would get if we were liquidated and in terms of Lawrence we would only be getting around £500,000 at best in cash as most clubs don’t have cash! Also with so many players being out of contract they can sign for whoever they want to in July anyway in England and may well have already signed with international clubs already. So in terms of money coming in what we would get is simply pitiful unless a premiership club went daft.

Lawrence's play/goals could keep us up. 

Maybe the bidders fancy buying a Championship Club after all?

22 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Wasn’t me mate.  The whole family came across well and got across what it means to the fans.  On the whole, it was a nice piece.

Made me think watching them that I’m the last one in our family line.  No brothers, sisters or kids to carry on supporting The Rams.  Really don’t want it to end.

Ah, well yeah I thought everyone came across well, it showed people what this club means to the city.

Likewise, the end of the family line - I really was quite upset this morning, took myself by surprise.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you reckon is causing the 'hold up' after the EFL statement about 'positive' thingamajigs Pete? Or do you think the statement was to keep the EFL away from the politicos?

We've got 'three' bidders and an amount to see us to the end of the season needed. Why aren't we green to go? Do you think they've got different sale prices depending on whether we do the 'great Escape' or not?

What’s positive in Efl eyes isn’t necessarily what’s best for the creditors or Derby.

the binnie bid if that is what they are referring to as positive leaves an open ended liability with Boro and Wycombe claims to come.

Also it may not be the highest bid.

finally it’s the issue of further penalties .. the business plan etc. 

Efl always making more trouble if they can.