The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Macclesfield were not paying their bills, so games were postponed due to players not playing. . banishing someone from the League just because of a spat over how we should deal with dodgy claims from Boro and Wycombe is not something EFL will be allowed to do. 

Bury are continuing as same  Company and same  club (restarting next season I believe) despite being banished by EFL.  

who could stop the EFL from doing it if they are the governing body? 

I've not heard about Bury restarting in the league next season, I know there are talks about the stadium being bought back though. But I do know there is a phoenix club that is up and running in the Isthamin premier league. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

2 hours ago, Ramraiders said:

I last posted ages ago and have refrained from posting since - being accused of not being a Derby fan. 

I called the administration and got laughed off.

there is anger at the efl and other clubs and I suppose rightly so but one person is to blame and it’s Mel.

the admins have not followed the arbitration process of the efl framework and ignored the claims. This is the impasse. If this is due to funding the efl cannot let us sign players. It is really simple really. 

any arbitrary panel would find it hard to uphold the claims against us so why the admins haven’t used the framework to kick the can down the road points to the fact we are really up poo street.

this to me stinks of smoke and mirrors by the admin team to blame sales on the efl not them or prospective owners…

Yep that’s just about what I’ve been saying all along as well!

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll repeat, why would they think the EFL wouldn't stick by what they said before and tell Boro to keep out of it? Plus how much more positive than having a PB can you be?

So if you know about administration where do the EFL stand on refusing to let the Club exit when we have a PB lined up?

Do you not think they should have checked? 

Just now, Maharan said:

Do you not think they should have checked? 

Check what? Boro haven’t started proceedings.

EFL have previously said it’s not a matter for them. What do you suggest? That they call EFL every week to ask if they’ve decided to go back on their previous position, and now try and enforce an approach in breach of insolvency law?

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'll repeat, why would they think the EFL wouldn't stick by what they said before and tell Boro to keep out of it? Plus how much more positive than having a PB can you be?

So if you know about administration where do the EFL stand on refusing to let the Club exit when we have a PB lined up?

Well if there actually was a PB announced then fair enough.

There is NOT a PB announced so that is irrelevant so there is no positivity in that respect. Once one is announced then the EFL can't kick us out or keep the embargo in place as there is a plan and cash in place for the season.

The issue is that we do not know what the situation is with the claims but it is enough to stop a PB being announced.

My point is that if that is the only obstacle then the Administrators should be knocking every wall down including asking the EFL to bring the footballing parties together.

Not sure what is hard to understand lol.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How does he know? If it's from the EFL who is telling him? More evidence of 'indecent' behaviour?

If 7 million is true then that’s doable. My concern was that they were asking for £57m liquidity (running costs plus potential compensation).

2 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

Well if there actually was a PB announced then fair enough.

...Not sure what is hard to understand lol.

Me either. Lol.

You assuming we weren't about to announce a PB when 'the EFL moved the goalposts' according to Owen Bradley? 

22 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

If that was the case wouldn’t Ashley have already taken that advice?

If indeed what many on here want to believe, that the EFL are acting improperly, then I doubt it would put Ashley off as he could sort the situation out legally when in situ!

I take everything the Mel/administrator combo have to say with a large pinch of salt!!

£6k isn’t a lot, £100 if only 60 people wanted to give it a go. 

I’m connected to DeMarco on LinkedIn or there’s Paul Harris who is a very good sports lawyer. Or there’s insolvency QCs such as Paul Arden. 

1 minute ago, HectorsHouse said:

Radio Derby seem to be trying to bang the drum… don’t normally agree with Ed Dawes but agree with every word of his very passionate and animated rant…

As he said anybody with any links to media outlets should be doing all they can to put pressure on the EFL before it’s too late and we no longer have a team. 

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

As he said anybody with any links to media outlets should be doing all they can to put pressure on the EFL before it’s too late and we no longer have a team. 

I guess that's one thing we've got going for us right now, if Rooney speaks out against people will listen.

Whether it will be enough we shall see.