Pride Park Pitch Dimensions...

Mucker1884

Forgot to mention after the home game before last... QPR game... and haven't noticed mention of it anywhere on here...

The East side touchline had visibly moved inwards, thus narrowing the pitch.  I presume on WR's orders?  Has he mentioned it in any interviews?

I'm in NE Corner, so can't be sure, but I presume the west side had moved also, as I couldn't detect any re-lining of the goal area (which would also need doing if only moving one sideline, of course).

Has owt been said, in an official capacity?  Has Rooney ordered this, as part of his overall master plan?  Does he even know!  Can those at the back of The East Stand still see ok?  Are we turning into a 1980's Wolves/Molineux?  Was there a UFO involved?

All very mysterious!

0_Scooby-Doo.jpg

Edited by Mucker1884

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I thought it was moved in a long time ago. I’m not sure on the rules whether you can change it to whatever dimensions allowed per game or you give the dimensions at the start of the season and have to stick to it. I’m sure someone more clued up than me will know.

It may well have been... I'm not the most observant!

Good point about the rules and timing etc..  Just presumed we could do what we want (within obvious limitations), but now you mention it, I'm sure we'd have to notify the authorities.
I just find it a tad weird that I've not seen anything mentioned on here before.

??

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought you had to determine your pitch for the season? I could be wrong though and it's just unusual to change it.

Sorted...

Either
1/  We changed it at the start of the season
2/  We have changed it since, with the backing of The EFl
3/  I am about to drop us in it, and we are about to have relegation confirmed within a matter of hours...

SECTION 4 :
CLUBS:
13 Registration of Ground :
13.1 The dimension of the field of play for all League organised matches shall be as follows: Maximum length 120yds (110 metres) Minimum length 110yds (100 metres) Maximum width 80yds (75 metres) Minimum width 70yds (64 metres)
13.2 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with The League prior to the start of each Season. It will be misconduct on the part of a Club to alter its pitch dimensions during a Season without the prior written consent of The League, which consent will only be given in exceptional circumstances. The League may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final.pdf

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sorted...

Either
1/  We changed it at the start of the season
2/  We have changed it since, with the backing of The EFl
3/  I am about to drop us in it, and we are about to have relegation confirmed within a matter of hours...

SECTION 4 :
CLUBS:
13 Registration of Ground :
13.1 The dimension of the field of play for all League organised matches shall be as follows: Maximum length 120yds (110 metres) Minimum length 110yds (100 metres) Maximum width 80yds (75 metres) Minimum width 70yds (64 metres)
13.2 Clubs must register their pitch dimensions with The League prior to the start of each Season. It will be misconduct on the part of a Club to alter its pitch dimensions during a Season without the prior written consent of The League, which consent will only be given in exceptional circumstances. The League may at any time require a Club to submit a report from a qualified independent source certifying the pitch dimensions.

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final.pdf

Exceptional circumstances I guess would be something like a safety issue or works on a stand that need the extra clearance, but not because there's a new manager who wants it that way.

6 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Forgot to mention after the home game before last... QPR game... and haven't noticed mention of it anywhere on here...

The East side touchline had visibly moved inwards, thus narrowing the pitch.  I presume on WR's orders?  Has he mentioned it in any interviews?

I'm in NE Corner, so can't be sure, but I presume the west side had moved also, as I couldn't detect any re-lining of the goal area (which would also need doing if only moving one sideline, of course).

Has owt been said, in an official capacity?  Has Rooney ordered this, as part of his overall master plan?  Does he even know!  Can those at the back of The East Stand still see ok?  Are we turning into a 1980's Wolves/Molineux?  Was there a UFO involved?

All very mysterious!

0_Scooby-Doo.jpg

I’m in the East Stand and we (me and the guys around) noticed this at the beginning of the season. I don’t think that the pitch is as long as it has been in seasons gone by either, but that might be an optical illusion. The touchline has been moved in at least a yard, possibly 4 or 5 feet. Significant anyway.  Judging by the wear and tear where the linesmen run the line hasn’t been altered during the season.

We presumed that it’s Wayne's choice, within the rules, as pointed out above. Has the same happened on the West Stand side?

No one has asked the question because I’ve been looking out for it all season.

I sit in the SW Upper & noticed the narrower pitch at the start of the season. I don’t think it’s tactical. As a young player, I always liked a big pitch. However, it’s the same for both sides and there’s no “actual” size requirement just a range. Does it make much difference? I doubt it. 

9 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I’m in the East Stand and we (me and the guys around) noticed this at the beginning of the season. I don’t think that the pitch is as long as it has been in seasons gone by either, but that might be an optical illusion. The touchline has been moved in at least a yard, possibly 4 or 5 feet. Significant anyway.  Judging by the wear and tear where the linesmen run the line hasn’t been altered during the season.

We presumed that it’s Wayne's choice, within the rules, as pointed out above. Has the same happened on the West Stand side?

No one has asked the question because I’ve been looking out for it all season.

That will be the key indicator if it’s been moved during the season