Any amateur foot doctors?

Day

Back in the summer I went for a walk over at Spurn Point, on the way back to the car, slipped twisted my foot up and was almost carried back to the car by the missus.

Hurt like mad for a few weeks, no swelling or bruise, diagnosed myself with a sprain and strapped it up.

Truth is, I've been feeling a slight pain since but being a tough male, haven't bothered the NHS and just carried on.

Sunday night, the pain started getting worse than usual, nothing visible to say look to the missus, thats hurting so I haven't had much sympathy, put it down to the cold irritating an injury.

Since Tuesday I've struggled to put any weight on it and now it's swelling up and bruised.

I know there will be no sympathy here and the advice will be go see a doctor, but could I have broken it, never healed properly and broken it again?

Not sure how these things work. A&E only see you if it's just been done and getting through to the doctors at the minute is a nightmare. 

D7449C37-18C5-4BF6-B36F-40CFDD0DD128.jpeg

25 minutes ago, David said:

I know there will be no sympathy here and the advice will be go see a doctor

Go get an X-Ray. I smashed my thumb and I knew it was broken but I ignored it for 6 months. Eventually I got it x-rayed and I'd snapped the corner off the big ball and socket joint. It's healed in really weird way and apparently I'll never be able to play cricket again which is great but you might not be so lucky. Ring them duckers at the GP get an appointment and get that x rayed.

9 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

In and out in 3 hours, and all under the cover of darkness!

God bless The NHS!

?

Friendly and sarcastic as well. Would imagine the situation in hospitals is very different in cities, for a small town up here though you're not left for long before getting seen.

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

Speaking from ancient experience I hope the pain isn't too severe. And get yourself booked in for physio ASAP. I also found an infra red heat lamp invaluable. 

Good luck!

Not too bad, they gave me some codeine which are there as a last resort, don't fancy having to deal with constipation as well.

Said the GP may want to get me in and look at physio if needed in a few weeks. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Not too bad, they gave me some codeine which are there as a last resort, don't fancy having to deal with constipation as well.

Just don’t go to physio on your scooter.

1 hour ago, David said:

Friendly and sarcastic as well. Would imagine the situation in hospitals is very different in cities, for a small town up here though you're not left for long before getting seen.

Just to clarify, any hint of sarcasm... which is probably a habit I struggle to avoid nowadays, unfortunately... was aimed at you "shamefully" creeping in, during the night, because deep down, you know full well you should have gone "Back in the summer", when you first injured yersen!
Here's hoping the delay doesn't give you cause for regret later in life, and you quickly reach a full recovery.

Certainly no sarcasm towards the NHS.  May God Bless 'em, again, and again, and again, I say!

GWS  ?

2 hours ago, David said:

Hope you're better soon. However, if you don't plan to use your codeine, do you want to send it my way? I had some after I had a kidney stone taken out a couple of years ago, and I found it incredibly....moreish 

hello-spaced-out.gif.80eb63755a3bf0c6b59d04c7b2a43016.gif

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Apologies, but I haven't got a clue what you are referring to... although I do know who he is! 

I'm sure it was funny though!  Sorry!  ?‍♂️

He was seen to in under an hour and half when he "fell ill" on the Jungle poo program last week.

The hospital concerned has some of the worst waiting times in A&E in the whole of Wales (for lesser mortals).

Edited by Grumpy Git

4 hours ago, David said:

Speaking from recent experience (have had my ankle,shin and knee pinned/plated,all sorts), don't try and be a hero and use the painkillers if you need to. And get the ball rolling with physio asap,I didn't and was 9 months before I saw anyone. Hope you heal quickly,it's a ballache ain't it!