New owners. Who and when?

Bosshogg

Naturally, there is a lot of speculation about the identity of the parties who are serious contenders to buy the club. There’s also been a LOT of speculation about the net worth of some of those parties- Chris Kirchner being the main one, as he is the only publicly known bidder (I think?)

My question is- how much does their net worth really matter? Obviously if they have £10k in the bank then it’s a problem (!), but if P&S limits losses to £39m over three years, or roughly £1m a month, then that puts a limit on how much the owner can put in. Right? Can someone who knows about this stuff confirm?

So an owner can be worth $7bn, or $1.5bn, or whatever- but if they can’t pump more than £13m into the club per year, what’s the difference? I’d rather have an owner who is “worth” a fraction of the above amounts, but is a shrewd businessman or woman; delegates transfer activity to a top recruitment team; puts trust in the academy; and doesn’t ever leave Derby at risk of liquidation.

6 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

Naturally, there is a lot of speculation about the identity of the parties who are serious contenders to buy the club. There’s also been a LOT of speculation about the net worth of some of those parties- Chris Kirchner being the main one, as he is the only publicly known bidder (I think?)

My question is- how much does their net worth really matter? Obviously if they have £10k in the bank then it’s a problem (!), but if P&S limits losses to £39m over three years, or roughly £1m a month, then that puts a limit on how much the owner can put in. Right? Can someone who knows about this stuff confirm?

So an owner can be worth $7bn, or $1.5bn, or whatever- but if they can’t pump more than £13m into the club per year, what’s the difference? I’d rather have an owner who is “worth” a fraction of the above amounts, but is a shrewd businessman or woman; delegates transfer activity to a top recruitment team; puts trust in the academy; and doesn’t ever leave Derby at risk of liquidation.

Chris...just come out and say it, you have a few quid but you're comfortably off and can afford a new car and a decent holiday,  but that's it. No shame in it mate, don't be so defensive. 

23 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

It's been reported that CK has the where with all to buy DCFC, Where is this money coming from only a few will know, He's on record saying he isn't a Billionaire, Is this good or is this a reason that will make him prudent?

Now the £60k question, Lets just asume we're relegated by a 10 point margin, CK is at the healm and is aware of what he has taken on, It's a new season in league 1, No restrictions as long as he stays within the rules of the EFL where spending is concerned, WR has essembled a decent looking squad for the new season, We have a shocking start in August losing our 1st 4 games, The transfer window has closed and the rumblings with the fans can be herd in and around PP, Things are looking pretty average leading upto the new year we're mid table and 8 points from 6th place but the transfer window opens in a week, Fans expect 2-3 or more signings, CK says...sorry we can't afford new blood it's a long road to the Championship.

All message boards go into overdrive, The booos by fans are making CK unpopular, Fans demanding WR is sacked...this is DCFC we're a big club what does this American know.

Billionaire, Multi millionaire or just a millionaire...fans aint fussed we/they want instant success and sod the concequences.

Just a thought.

18 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can certainly see Arsenal taking Bielik back for the 3 million we owe them for this season and flogging him on the same day for  5 to a club at the arse end of the premier table or someone with a bit of parachute money to take a chance on his knee -  if they get 10 games before he breaks down staying up or promotion is cash well spent.  Always seemed a bit strange them deferring payment due. 

And there's always Burnley who are two years behind with their customary signing from us at £1.50.

Two pints from you. Think Arsenal deferred payment because they knew they would not get it back while we are in administration and if the took him back they would be paying his wages and getting nothing back. As for your comment about Burnley, see vydra is not playing but our of contract in July. We in return for all the business that has gone their way take him on (if they paid his wages) and give him some game time. Burnley would get nothing out of it but we would get somebody trying to prove he deserved a contract somewhere

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It's been reported that CK has the where with all to buy DCFC, Where is this money coming from only a few will know, He's on record saying he isn't a Billionaire, Is this good or is this a reason that will make him prudent?

Now the £60k question, Lets just asume we're relegated by a 10 point margin, CK is at the healm and is aware of what he has taken on, It's a new season in league 1, No restrictions as long as he stays within the rules of the EFL where spending is concerned, WR has essembled a decent looking squad for the new season, We have a shocking start in August losing our 1st 4 games, The transfer window has closed and the rumblings with the fans can be herd in and around PP, Things are looking pretty average leading upto the new year we're mid table and 8 points from 6th place but the transfer window opens in a week, Fans expect 2-3 or more signings, CK says...sorry we can't afford new blood it's a long road to the Championship.

All message boards go into overdrive, The booos by fans are making CK unpopular, Fans demanding WR is sacked...this is DCFC we're a big club what does this American know.

Billionaire, Multi millionaire or just a millionaire...fans aint fussed we/they want instant success and sod the concequences.

Just a thought.

For god's sake let the man actually be the one to buy us rather than go on a downer on what might or not happen if he or somebody else does

7 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As it stands, as long as we get a new owner sorted and are out of administration by the start of Feb at the latest, we'll be fine.

As already mentioned, we can't spend money on transfer fees and loans regardless. There might be a few new freebies knocking around after the transfer window ends with players who didn't get a move by the transfer deadline cancelling their contracts to get a move. It'd still be nice to find a striker...

I can’t imagine any player cancelling his contract to get a move at the end of January unless what we offer is a pay rise - unlikely I would say

4 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

For god's sake let the man actually be the one to buy us rather than go on a downer on what might or not happen if he or somebody else does

Hey chill winston...this is not a knocking excersise on CK or anyone else, If anything i'm knocking football supporters, They/we demand to much...don't choke on your tea now aye ?

No to my question. Just looked up preferred buyer and it appears that a preferred buyer is granted a short period of exclusivity for it to acquire the business and certain assets. Let's pretend CK is the PB and has or will put an offer in to the administrators which is acceptable to them. He has looked at the books, proved he has the liquid assets (cash?) , wants us so why does it take about 6,or 7 weeks to happen when in our case speed and the transfer window are of the essence. Does anybody know?

5 hours ago, Sussex Ram said:

Definitely a shrewd / clever businessman is what we are going to need. Perhaps where the 'net worth' comes into play, is that potential owners only will want to put up a certain percentage of their wealth into any one venture. The previous owner is considerably wealthy, but was in too deep and seemingly got the jitters about his personal wealth plummeting.  For the vast majority, owning a pro football club is a loss making enterprise. Unless the current business model changes, any potential owner needs to be fully aware of that and have deep enough pockets to pay for the ride.