83 million in debt

Charliegeorge1962

5 hours ago, derby8 said:

bbc football reports another £1.2m loss in first 8 weeks of administration with admin and legal fees growing too. Prospective new owners will be looking at lengths of the expensive contracts in part causing this...

Do we have any expensive contracts? Lawrence whose contract is up and Rooney wants to keep til end of contract at least. Bielik maybe ? Not many left on long contracts that I know of. 

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Do we have any expensive contracts? Lawrence whose contract is up and Rooney wants to keep til end of contract at least. Bielik maybe ? Not many left on long contracts that I know of. 

Assume that if making losses under the administrators due to spending commitments unable to get out of, spending seems well ahead of income...

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I'd expect Lawrence, rooney and Bielik will be by far our highest earners. Maybe Forsyth?

I'd imagine the likes of joswiak, marshall and Shinnie are probably on decent, but not excessive wages.

Other than those i dont really know. I'd struggle to see how we'd really cut another 600k out of the squad every month

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'd expect Lawrence, rooney and Bielik will be by far our highest earners. Maybe Forsyth?

I'd imagine the likes of joswiak, marshall and Shinnie are probably on decent, but not excessive wages.

Other than those i dont really know. I'd struggle to see how we'd really cut another 600k out of the squad every month

Agree with all this. And Rooney ain't going anywhere.

37 minutes ago, GenBr said:

It’s the reality of championship football. With the income available wages for all players, in every club should be half what they are. The prem has created a monster that eats itself almost by design 

Those interim figures released today bring that into stark reality. Even a club like ours with a decent attendance and a massively reduced wage bill can't break even without a benevolent owner bankrolling the club.

Yet the response from Prem teams to the proposal to spread the money down the system is the usual one of protecting themselves. ?

58 minutes ago, angieram said:

Those interim figures released today bring that into stark reality. Even a club like ours with a decent attendance and a massively reduced wage bill can't break even without a benevolent owner bankrolling the club.

Yet the response from Prem teams to the proposal to spread the money down the system is the usual one of protecting themselves. ?

It’s a huge conundrum. The championships pays unrealistic wages. The lure premiership is what drives this. So who is at fault ?
2nd tier football clubs wanting a cut ? Or the premier for creating a closed shop with a crack in the door .. it’s a one armed bandit with loaded odds and  the championship clubs as the punters. The daft thing is, without the dreams and fears or relegation the Premier League would be a sterile media created construct. It needs to be mended for all our sakes and for the spirit of the game, all games. Sport has an unequaled ability to bring all of us together in a way that no other human activity can. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

My reading angie is that this doesn't take account of advance season tickets sales (which were shown as a debt). So as season progresses that debt will shrink but the MSD loan will increase (until the take-over happens). Overall the debt is not increasing. I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

My reading angie is that this doesn't take account of advance season tickets sales (which were shown as a debt). So as season progresses that debt will shrink but the MSD loan will increase (until the take-over happens). Overall the debt is not increasing. I could be wrong. 

Does that debt include the administration costs?

A lot of people forget that there will be very little in the way of ticket money this season. I'd guess that the majority of season tickets were paid for last season and that money will be long gone. 

I've got no idea how many tickets we sell per match,  but looking at the gates so far, it can't be that many. 

40 minutes ago, ossieram said:

A lot of people forget that there will be very little in the way of ticket money this season. I'd guess that the majority of season tickets were paid for last season and that money will be long gone. 

I've got no idea how many tickets we sell per match,  but looking at the gates so far, it can't be that many. 

I don't think the season ticket money is gone; it's in a ring-fenced account.