Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

Godleman 54 not out in an opening stand of 160/0 with Reece (90 no) chasing 311 v Northants. ?

I'm going for a lie-down.

I know it's only a start, but I'm really pleased for Godleman. It's galling to see a good player endure such a rotten run of form. Fingers crossed him and Reece are galvanised by Masood's announcement and stake a claim for the opening spots next season.

On 21/08/2022 at 23:45, jimbo jones said:

I’ve delved into cricket Twitter over the last month, it's like there's a civil war going between those who love the hundred and want everything franchised and those who hate it and are a massive threat to the game as we know it.

It is very nasty, even to the point of ex-players squabbling and calling each other names. It's a very depressing sight which can't be good for anyone. Right now the legacy of the Hundred appears to me to be causing a massive division in the cricketing community.

The answer for next season is rumoured to be having another tournament. A red ball one in August, regionalised  into 3 team tournaments (Notts and Leicestershire for us) using all the counties. Or having regionalised teams with the “best players” AKA a red ball version of the hundred ?‍♂️

Have you come across the Lancashire Action group? They look like they are taking a stand.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/aug/24/lancashires-awkward-squad-ready-to-battle-for-county-crickets-future

2 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Have you come across the Lancashire Action group? They look like they are taking a stand.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/aug/24/lancashires-awkward-squad-ready-to-battle-for-county-crickets-future

I'd heard of them yes, I didn't know all that was in the article though, which made interesting read? Highlighting the mess cricket in this country has got itself into. 

We wait to see what the proposals are and where we go from there.

I actually didn't think today's announcement was too bad, probably due to the backlash from fans and particularly members being strong.

Looks like we will have 14 games again for next season at least. I don't mind the 50 over completion being early, it just leads to the question of what will be happening in August.

Making the top division of the two smaller (like it used to be) also makes sense. I have no idea why they changed it - 2  equal divisions of 9 makes most sense, but lets not get our hopes up ?

I think any major changes, other than division changes and strange games played in the UAE, which was always going to happen will be staved off for this year. They will try again though.

Edited by jimbo jones

Just watched this and thought I'd share a link, though I'm guessing most of you lot will already have seen it.

For those who haven't, it's a thoughtful and considered doco about Ben Stokes' trials and tribulations since that night in Bristol, with a few triumphs thrown in for good measure. Sam Mendes directs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video/b/?ie=UTF8&node=3010085031&ref_=nav_cs_prime_video