Phil Jones

DCFC1388

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would think it would be a loan so his money wont be affected

Doubt it would be a loan, Manure have been trying to offload him for months, apparently he has refused to give up his number, they have offered him loans and he just dosnt seem interested, sorry to say, but to me he sounds like a Anya player, Its a no from me 

2 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a loan as he had experience, has a point to prove and is still under 30. I don't another CB should be a priority though as we are crying out for more attacking options.

Well to be fair davies and phil are not going to be playing for much longer there not going to be here much longer.

15 hours ago, BodminRam said:

Doubt it would be a loan, Manure have been trying to offload him for months, apparently he has refused to give up his number, they have offered him loans and he just dosnt seem interested, sorry to say, but to me he sounds like a Anya player, Its a no from me 

He's been holding out for a move to us ?

On 07/11/2021 at 18:37, BodminRam said:

Not sure where you got that info from as im pretty sure he had been returning from a long term injury so wasnt fit enough to leave the club in the summer and only in the past month or so been fit enough to potentially return to Man Utds matchday squad. So Jan is the first time he could leave Man U - also, the article itself says on loan too

On 07/11/2021 at 18:37, BodminRam said:

Anya at his peak was a bottom-end PL player - And we got less out of him than his peak

Jones on the other hand at his peak was signed by Alex Ferguson, has been part of a Premier League winning squad and has 20+ England caps - The base level for comparison is much higher

On 09/11/2021 at 15:38, hintonsboots said:

Watford and Newcastle are keen on taking Manchester United and England defender Phil Jones on loan, with a host of Championship clubs also interested in the 29-year-old. (Sun)

What a statement of intent by "moneybags" nufc..... 

How are those geordies feeling at the moment - still sobbing tears of joy now that they've ousted Ashley and can go toe to toe with Watford for some Premier league has-been? 

?

Jones would be an ideal signing. We've been needing a player like him for the last few seasons. When ever I've seen him play he as more mistakes in him than Keogh and nearly looks as odd. So he would fit right in and become a cult figure in no time.

Darn it, I didn't write cult. Sodding autocorrect.

Edited by 1of4