I have idea for north stand

B4ev6is

As someone who has a season ticket in the lower North Stand, I have no idea how empty it looks from the other side of the stadium. There are times when the stadium is full of noise, and even then the North feels quiet. But at the same time, there are a lot of older folk who sit around us who like to sit and enjoy the game. They’re not fussed about standing and singing, but like watching the South Stand do their stuff. The bounce looks great from our end.

Im not sure an organised standing group would work, or even go down well B4.

On 20/10/2021 at 17:34, Simmo’s left foot said:

Its actually illegal to stand at an all seater stadium. Sooner or later somebody is going to get seriously injured. The north stand is a family stand, a lot of elderly and young families. 

What a great idea if you want to drive people away from the stadium, me included.

I moved there with my Grandson just this season. It looks empty from the highlights show but it doesn’t feel empty where we are in the upper tier behind the goal. 
PP caters for everyone and it doesn’t need fixing. Every club has its fair weather fans and we are no different. When we start to get successful again people will come, oh yes people will come.

On 20/10/2021 at 17:34, Simmo’s left foot said:

Its actually illegal to stand at an all seater stadium. Sooner or later somebody is going to get seriously injured. The north stand is a family stand, a lot of elderly and young families. 

What a great idea if you want to drive people away from the stadium, me included.

Its not illegal, there is no criminal offence commited if you do stand at an all seater stadium. Just think about the practicalities, you'd be crawling commando style every time you wanted to go to the bar or the loo for risk of arrest.

20 minutes ago, r4derby said:

As someone who has a season ticket in the lower North Stand, I have no idea how empty it looks from the other side of the stadium. There are times when the stadium is full of noise, and even then the North feels quiet. But at the same time, there are a lot of older folk who sit around us who like to sit and enjoy the game. They’re not fussed about standing and singing, but like watching the South Stand do their stuff. The bounce looks great from our end.

Im not sure an organised standing group would work, or even go down well B4.

Problem is by the time they have all got to their feet it would be half time. Then complete carnage folding away the knee rugs and closing flasks. Absolute bedlam..

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

Problem is by the time they have all got to their feet it would be half time. Then complete carnage folding away the knee rugs and closing flasks. Absolute bedlam..

How the hell are they getting their flasks through the anti-refreshment X-Ray machines?

My Swisskit* set the alarms off last week!  ?

*Hey kids... If you feel the need to Google that, don't risk it!    

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

As someone said earlier, it’s was tried and failed.  Do you think the atmosphere is bad then?  I think it’s the best it’s been for a while, and that’s with reduced attendance.

Split the south stand in half and put half in the north will only make the atmosphere half as good.  Each end would barely hear the other, plus each end would now be on half volume.

Get the chips back! That’s a campaign worth fighting! ?

No mate I dont but I do think if two stands do it could be even louder and old chant could be reborn as such we are popside and so on.

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No mate I dont but I do think if two stands do it could be even louder and old chant could be reborn as such we are popside and so on.

It won’t mate, unless you find double the people who are willing to sing.  But they are already in the south stand aren’t they.

There was pretty good interaction between all the stands on Tuesday night. And two North Standers -yes, TWO!, starting the bounce!!!

And for the first tome in my memory, we challenged the visiting fans to start the bounce! They didn’t do it, of course, but the banter was great!

COME ON YOU FANS!

9 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

There was pretty good interaction between all the stands on Tuesday night. And two North Standers -yes, TWO!, starting the bounce!!!

And for the first tome in my memory, we challenged the visiting fans to start the bounce! They didn’t do it, of course, but the banter was great!

COME ON YOU FANS!

Sounds great.  You should write a book about it.  ?

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

Minus twelve. 

Cheers.

Now I've just got to listen carefully to the second line!  I wish those damn southstanders would sing up a bit!

We're minus twelve,

blah, bla, blah, blah

We don't give a duck

And we're staying up.

?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Cheers.

Now I've just got to listen carefully to the second line!  I wish those damn southstanders would sing up a bit!

We're minus twelve,

blah, bla, blah, blah

We don't give a duck

And we're staying up.

?‍♂️

Minus twelve 

Who gives a ****

We're Derby County 

And we're staying up. 

The challenge for South Stand will be to adapt this when the points deduction changes. 

They could I suppose simply do what the Red Dogs have done with MoK and write lyrics that don't rhyme.