Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

Before everyone starts condemming me i am not standing up for morris, but i didnt hear many fans calling for his head when he was splashing the cash.

Why would we?

Weren’t we told my Mel that we were within FFP/P&S rules? We didn’t have access to any of the financial details to dispute the assurances he was giving us.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would we?

Weren’t we told my Mel that we were within FFP/P&S rules? We didn’t have access to any of the financial details to dispute the assurances he was giving us.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would we?

Must have been a bit of doubt when spending millions on players and manager pay offs.

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Before everyone starts condemming me i am not standing up for morris, but i didnt hear many fans calling for his head when he was splashing the cash.

Come on Kath, that line doesn’t wash. People saw Morris as a competent and responsible businessman. As far as I’m concerned, if we were spending 8, 10, 12 million quid it was, I believed, budgeted for. There was a business plan.

Yeah, I thought it was great and I was all “ good old boy Mel” but I never thought for a second Morris would turn out to be to Derby County what Sarah Millican is to comedy.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Question: If we haven't submitted the accounts, as per the EFL's embargo reporting service, how are we being penalised for having failed P&S during the periods where those accounts haven't been submitted?

I’d think the club and the efl know exactly what the later accounts look like except wrt amortisation. And maybe that can be input only when a deal is done. So chicken and egg 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes, probably doubts but when the chairman and head of finance tell you we’re within the rules, us fans were not in any position to doubt them and start calling for heads to roll.

I must be a very cynical person then not taking eveyones statements as fact.

18 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Come on Kath, that line doesn’t wash. People saw Morris as a competent and responsible businessman. As far as I’m concerned, if we were spending 8, 10, 12 million quid it was, I believed, budgeted for. There was a business plan.

Yeah, I thought it was great and I was all “ good old boy Mel” but I never thought for a second Morris would turn out to be to Derby County what Sarah Millican is to comedy.

It seems he spent more than 12 million. What do you mean about the sarah millican remark.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

This.

From a personal point of view, if it's something I can't control or I cannot affect the outcome, it gets filed mentally under "It is what it is" and I don't worry about it. It means that I can sleep at night.

Well certainly things in the past are done now so filed away. I do worry about the future though which is why I am more concerned about Efl than I am Mel Morris. He has left the club after all.

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

It seems he spent more than 12 million. What do you mean about the sarah millican remark.

Oh for sure he did, but on the 10/12 million, I was thinking along the lines of the Bradley Johnson/Jacob Butterfield transfers which amounted to around that figure and my, at the time, thinking “ nice one Mel” (not that I thought that in retrospect regarding Butterfield, it just didn’t really happen for him here)

Re the Sarah Millican remark, in my opinion, she is not funny and would make a good comedienne sick.

7 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

LOL Kath

Sarah Millican in Pear Rams opinion...And mine is she aint no Comedian, I've seen things funnier in a packet of Monster Munch.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Oh for sure he did, but on the 10/12 million, I was thinking along the lines of the Bradley Johnson/Jacob Butterfield transfers which amounted to around that figure and my, at the time, thinking “ nice one Mel” (not that I thought that in retrospect regarding Butterfield, it just didn’t really happen for him here)

Re the Sarah Millican remark, in my opinion, she is not funny and would make a good comedienne sick.

Thats your opinion, she seems to have large audiences so cant all think that.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

LOL Kath

Sarah Millican in Pear Rams opinion...And mine is she aint no Comedian, I've seen things funnier in a packet of Monster Munch.

I've got tickets to see her husband next month, normally at least one half of a couple are funny so I should be entertained.

Edited by Rev