Derby MPs

Poynton ram

a question in the house of commons can be useful. it can raise the pressure on the relevant bodies to been seen to act. minister has to trot out a 'i will follow up with the questioner MP' type answer. The minister wont wont to be seen to have heard about it and done bugger all in hindsight if there is fall out down the line. 

Pauline's letter is great but it annoys me how fans in the county (which probably constitute a larger fanbase) are referred as "Wider Derbyshire", almost like a secondary after thought. I don't know, maybe it's just me but the recent focus on Derby in the news has let to a lot of assumptions that DCFC = the city of Derby.

I've written to my local MP for Erewash. She's a career politician from Lancashire so she won't care one bit, but who knows... The last dealings I had involving politics and DCFC were with local Derbyshire councilors for Erewash opposing (at the time) the proposed extension of the training ground. It is technically in Erewash and their arguments were that extending it would infringe on the greenbelt. I said how any extension to training and sporting facilities should be encouraged.

Anyway let's hope all the Derbyshire MPs raise this and DCFC get the attention.

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Looks like Pauline Latham MP has actually written a letter to the Culture Secretary and requested a meeting with the EFL

image.thumb.png.896f6e902938a4fdf4d745b8e73adbd3.png

The last time I got arrested I was detained in that station house until the proper police arrived. 

I could write to our MP for Derbyshire Dales - she's one of these vile millionaires from down south plonked in a safe seat by the tories. Doubt if she's ever heard of Derby County.

I'll wait till my dog has done his evening business then i'll go and get some 'ink'.

41 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

I could write to our MP for Derbyshire Dales - she's one of these vile millionaires from down south plonked in a safe seat by the tories. Doubt if she's ever heard of Derby County.

I'll wait till my dog has done his evening business then i'll go and get some 'ink'.

Careful with your ‘vile Millionaires from down south’ rhetoric. I can think of at last 6 regular posters you have already alienated. Not that my mate @Angry Ram will give a toss.

.Make It Rain Money GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Careful with your ‘vile Millionaires from down south’ rhetoric. I can think of at last 6 regular posters you have already alienated. Not that my mate @Angry Ram will give a toss.

.Make It Rain Money GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Technically a lot of us are millionaires I suppose. Might go for this MP lark up in Derby. Seems a good deal. Now I qualify am going to give it a go.  Lots on here will vote Angry I’m sure. If not they can fook off ??

On 07/10/2021 at 19:18, Beetroot said:

My MP is the same one. She has been useless so far, but I will write to her, maybe attach a copy of the Pauline Latham letter and suggest she write in similar terms to Nadine. Suggest to Nadine.. "You're a celebrity, get us out of this mess". 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

My MP is the same one. She has been useless so far, but I will write to her, maybe attach a copy of the Pauline Latham letter and suggest she write in similar terms to Nadine. Suggest to Nadine.. "You're a celebrity, get us out of this mess". 

Saving Derby is tougher than a kangaroo's ring piece! 

2 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Yep, got to agree with that one, but if you were talking ball sacs we’ll their the most softest of material. Made plenty of money pouches going there!

No Roo shearing income? I would have thought Back, Crack and Sac services would go down a storm over there.

On 06/10/2021 at 16:00, Gaspode said:

Solloway doesn't seem to do much at all apart from tow the party line....(I emailed her about the Derbyshire badger cull - got a templated bull* letter back....)

I think Pauline Latham was quite vocal, but I have a feeling that she's a Rams fan anyway...

The former was a neighbour of mine a few years back, and she's as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

The latter was once my local MP and not much better tbh.