Mel Morris

Sean

44 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Ah i get it now,you are MM in disguise, don't feel ashamed in coming on here keep asking what i would advocate. I can find you the number for Debt Line if you want it.

Ah I get it now, you are being challenged on comments that you have made, that you realise that you cannot back up with any evidence,  so you are going to start making silly personal comments.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ah I get it now, you are being challenged on comments that you have made, that you realise that you cannot back up with any evidence,  so you are going to start making silly personal comments.

Seem to recall being in the same position with yourself and you making silly personal comments at the same juncture. Just saying as comes across as quite hypocritical to call another person out for the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seem to recall being in the same position with yourself and you making silly personal comments at the same juncture. Just saying as comes across as quite hypocritical to call another person out for the same thing. 

?

Apart from I happily answered every question you posed me.

PS - dont call anyone a hypocrite, got me a ban last time I did it!

5 hours ago, Macintosh said:

If Lawrence had also been sacked at the same time as Keogh, then a tribunal would also have ruled in Tom's favour, and the compensation to him would have been an extra million at least to that of Keogh, five million to find, and more lawyer fees on top. There's a whole untold story that we are not aware of. The author of Pride had an interview with Keogh lined up but the plug was pulled. The staff at the pub were told to keep quiet, but it appears one player particularly encouraged Lawrence to drink that night. If I was Morris, I would also have sacked Keogh.

@G STAR RAM

This is the post i was referring to.

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

@G STAR RAM

This is the post i was referring to.

Looks very much like heresay to me.

Who exactly is supposed to have told the pub staff to be quiet and how exactly are they going to have policed this?

Given that reports of the accident had done the rounds, hours before it was reported in the media, I am not too sure that anything was really kept secret about events. 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who exactly is supposed to have told the pub staff to be quiet and how exactly are they going to have policed this?

Given that reports of the accident had done the rounds, hours before it was reported in the media, I am not too sure that anything was really kept secret about events. 

That's why i asked the question to the poster,just curious that's all

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So no-one fell off a table drunk and got injured in the pub? ? 

46 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

If Lawrence had also been sacked at the same time as Keogh, then a tribunal would also have ruled in Tom's favour,

in truth, if Mel had sacked Lawrence, Bennett AND Keogh, Keogh would not have won. And nor would the other two.

The club's position - having sacked Keogh alone - was untenable because it said Keogh was sacked for gross misconduct. But the other two were not sacked and their conduct was worse. And it was clear that it was beneficial financially to the club to sack Keogh alone 

Edited by kevinhectoring

19 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

in truth, if Mel had sacked Lawrence, Bennett AND Keogh, Keogh would not have won. And nor would the other two.

The club's position - having sacked Keogh alone - was untenable because it said Keogh was sacked for gross misconduct. But the other two were not sacked and their conduct was worse. And it was clear that it was beneficial financially to the club to sack Keogh alone 

as you know, the other 2 could complete their contracts.  Sacking all 3 would have resulted in losing 3 tribunals.  If they had received custodial sentences I think they would have been sacked.  Should not have offered Keo a soft contract to continue at a lesser cost, clear evidence that Mel was seeking to reduce costs.  Gross misconduct, is get of my business now, and never come back ever.  Here is your cardboard box with your belongings now pi55 off

19 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Did the club communicate that Keogh was dismissed for gross misconduct? Or did they give a reason at all for terminating his contract? I genuinely can't remember.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In the end, Mel was happy to hand the club to Erik Alonso and chums. So, I'm not that convinced about the direction even after we get out of the current mess.

Maybe he really thought that it was Erik's chums with the money and they ran away...

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

as you know, the other 2 could complete their contracts.  Sacking all 3 would have resulted in losing 3 tribunals.  If they had received custodial sentences I think they would have been sacked.  Should not have offered Keo a soft contract to continue at a lesser cost, clear evidence that Mel was seeking to reduce costs.  Gross misconduct, is get of my business now, and never come back ever.  Here is your cardboard box with your belongings now pi55 off

Well it’s very hard to predict what these tribunals will do. But what they SHOULD be focused on mostly is the conduct, not the consequences. It was a mistake for Mel to argue that Keogh was the bad one because he got himself injured. It was logical for him to argue that Keogh was the captain so a different standard of conduct was expected. But I still think he was likely to lose going for Keogh alone. Because it smacked of financial convenience