Adventures of Sloth, Jon Moss and their band of Merry men.

Day

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

When are the fixtures released then? Looking forward to playing Leicester and getting the East Midlands Derby going again.

Only EM derby we'll be playing for a while anyway. Who's your new EM derby against? Can't be Burton as they're in Staffs so I suppose it's hoping to either get Notts or Mansfield in the 1st Rd of the FA Cup or get our U23s in the Papa Johns.

Top banter there mate. You're clearly the last of the original thinkers! ?

28 minutes ago, Augustus said:

By the way we're looking at around late June for the big day, the Papa Johns first round draw.

Will you play your u17s or do you think you'll rest and rotate for it?

Give us some advice as an experienced campaigner of three years.  We've not been that s*** before and without those points deductions unlike yourselves wouldn't be.  I suspect we may get more than the stupendous 2000 average attendance you got regardless.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Think it’s kinda cute how Forest fans are missing us already, despite the 23 year wait, the huge payday for the club, some don’t want to let us go and. ?

Shy GIF

It's a bit of morbid curiosity I suppose, like driving past a car crash and not being able to resist looking.

Just now, Augustus said:

It's a bit of morbid curiosity I suppose, like driving past a car crash and not being able to resist looking.

That would take a matter of seconds, not days. You can try and deny it as much as you like, but you miss us, and it’s cute ? 

43 minutes ago, David said:

Think it’s kinda cute how Forest fans are missing us already, despite the 23 year wait, the huge payday for the club, some don’t want to let us go and. ?

Shy GIF

You mean a huge payday for Olmpiacos’s Champions League push with Prem money.

foursome wink GIF by AwesomenessTV

Edited by Mr. P

18 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Nah.  He was a 6 1/2 foot goalie who casually tried to collect a ball at chest height .  Similar goalie to Samba.  Huddersfield should have gone route one all day on top of him.  An inevitable mistake would have happened 

I recall McGinn saying he thought it was a foul

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You mean a huge payday for Olmpiacos’s Champions League push with Prem money.

foursome wink GIF by AwesomenessTV

That as well, he has declared them to be his first love.

Carvalho, Drager, Silva, Siabanis, Guerreuro, Cafu, Megaritis, Panagou, Bouchalakes, Tachtsidis and Kasami have all switched clubs so far.

When it comes to negotiating transfer fees….

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

200.gif

Why did Preston send him packing again..

I’ll leave it there, but there’s some serious red flags. 

Preston "send him packing"?? Good attempt at trolling. Unless you believe this to be true. When he looked at what he was buying, he was being forced to buy a load of barren land that he didn't want, that was nowhere near the stadium or training ground, so he said "take that land off the deal and I'll pay a bit less as I don't want that." 

Ridsdale twisted the story as if he was trying to pay less for the club, when actually he was trying to actually buy ONLY the club.

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I recall McGinn saying he thought it was a foul

Nah, it was a really bad error. Roos tried to let the ball drop into his arms and McGinn just went in with his head before Roos could collect it. He should've been clearing everyone out and punching it away. Remember Roos is 6ft 5 and McGinn about 5ft 10. Poor goalkeeping unfortunately.

Edited by Rammy03

I have no idea whether Kirchner will be a decent chairman .  I have seen enough to have concerns but we are were we are.  I do recall being sat in The Mallard with a Forest fan a few years back however, on a Friday evening as he constantly refreshed his phone as an American bid was due to go through for the 3rd time in 3 months. It fell through last minute as Fawaz was refusing to drop some club loans to the tune of 70 million . Much dismay and tears as the club was finished .  70 million debts, 38 million wage bill, unpaid caterers, 5 winding up orders etc etc. 

A few days later and Demis Roussos appeared and they were not happy.  Dodgy background, investigations, mate of Fawaz, not willing to cover the loans Fawaz had to take a big shortfall on to get the club shifted.  Very much last chance saloon.  Don't let them rewrite history .  It's all Bull s***.  The only difference between our situation and theirs was the administration they were a gnats b****** from.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I can certainly see why you would be optimistic.

I am too, I‘lol be thrilled if your takeover goes through and you can make it to your fixtures with Forest Green Rovers and Crawley.. 

It’s a struggle that league. You thought the championship was hard to get out of! 

Yeah and no one is under any illusions and Forest more than demonstrated how tough it can be spending 3 seasons there. Difference is we went down because of points deductions off the back of a really positive effort given all the restrictions we’ve been under. Forest went down because they were s**** and the atmosphere was toxic around Megson following on from Joe Kinnear. With takeover going through we have a chance to be competitive next season, if it had dragged through the summer then we’d have no players to start season possibly more points deductions then we really would be facing being stuck down there for a few years. Still might but we’ll be towards the top of the league winning matches followed by 22000+ won’t be much different. I’m genuinely looking forward to it. 

You enjoy the extra cash and dreaming of European nights at the world famous city ground, just don’t be too disappointed when reality hits and 17th is the best you can hope for. As long as you remain realistic in your ambitions you might just enjoy it ?