What's your TV package (I'm beginning to think I screwed up)

Bob The Badger

I bummed off sky. 

Virgin isn't connected to our property so any broadband will run over the BT network and be around the 30mb level cos that's the infrastructure we have round here. 

Like an earlier poster, I just got a firestick and added prime, Netflix, Disney plus I think I added mgm by accident. 

I haven’t worked through what a sports solution is going to look like. The only thing I miss from sky TV is the nfl redzone show. We never had sky or BT Sports but redzone was on sky 1.

Well that was interesting.

Got on with Sky chat and asked what the best deal was and they offered me the £25 that was on the website.

I said no way I'm paying that and after a while they cam back with £18 per month.

After some back and forth I played what appears to be the trump card of explaining what @Mostyn6 and @RoyMac5 were paying

He asked for proof, so I uploaded the screenshots and he came back with £13 plus a BS £20 service charge, so approx £14

He did say that he'd have to up  @David's price again so subsidise it but I said it's ok, I'm pretty sure he won't mind.

Thanks guys!

Sky.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Got on with Sky chat and asked what the best deal was and they offered me the £25 that was on the website.

I said no way I'm paying that and after a while they cam back with £18 per month.

After some back and forth I played what appears to be the trump card of explaining what @Mostyn6 and @RoyMac5 were paying

He asked for proof, so I uploaded the screenshots and he came back with £13 plus a BS £20 service charge, so approx £14

He did say that he'd have to up  @David's price again so subsidise it but I said it's ok, I'm pretty sure he won't mind.

Thanks guys!

Sky.jpg

Keep an eye on your account/future bills to check it goes through. Should get an email with new details on it.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Are you David in disguise?

Are you David in disguise?

Are you David in dis-guise?

Sorry.

Not really.

Getting that sports cancelled ASAP. 

Can't decide if to go for better broadband. I don't really need it. 

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Thanks guys!

Sky.jpg

Did you get BT sport?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Thanks guys!

Sky.jpg

Hmmm.

So not Bob, then!

I'm beginning to have serious doubts now about whether you are actually a badger, afterall!  Probably a racoon or summat!

I feel such a fool!  ?

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Hmmm.

So not Bob, then!

I'm beginning to have serious doubts now about whether you are actually a badger, afterall!  Probably a racoon or summat!

I feel such a fool!  ?

How dare you sir!

My badgerness has never been questioned.

And Bob is my middle name that I use because Tim the Badger sounded utterly ridiculous and implausible.

21 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I didn't.

Am I a damn fool?

Depends if they offered you a deal to include it. Depends too, whether or not you’d watch Champions League and Europa League football in the week and the PL game at 5:30pm on a Saturday. 

I have all the streaming services on top of sky. I promised myself I wasn’t going to, but as far as I can tell, they pay for themselves. Netflix is included with the box sets package on sky for only a fiver a month. And my dad has access.

I order enough from Amazon to make prime worth it just on the delivery costs saved. That’s a bit of a no brainer. 

the kids live Disney and Star Wars, and me and the wife are big Marvel fans. So Disney plus was easy. What’s daft is that sky want to give it us for £10 a month, but I paid I think £80 for the year direct with Disney. And buying films like Raya and the last dragon on premier access has almost certainly saved me more than compared to taking a family of 5 to the cinema over the past year.

I like sky, I’ve been a customer for a long time. I’ve had quite a few things, including a  few free Derby county tickets, out of sky vip. I think their UI is absolutely second to none, and I have their mobile phone as well, for the whole family and my dad. 

I probably don’t watch it too much anymore, so I wonder if I should just ditch it, and then there will be some killer HBO series that I can’t live without. It’s basically British HBO Max. And my wife does watch an lot of the box sets and movies. 

So when it comes to sky I’m pretty happy to say: ‘take my money.’

I can’t really justify the sports. I’m only interested in watching the Derby matches. Id be happy to subscribe to rams tv, but it’s not been available during lock down. 

still pisses me off that every now and then there’s a film I’ll want to watch and I can’t find it on any of the streaming services.