Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Bucko deep in conversation with Pat Lyons and Darran Wassall at half time.

Excuse spelling, mask on so ? steaming up! 

How are we looking @angieramPlange sounds interesting, the keeper too from what you've said. Hope Clarke gets on, I thought he looked good in midfield end of last season.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

How are we looking @angieramPlange sounds interesting, the keeper too from what you've said. Hope Clarke gets on, I thought he looked good in midfield end of last season.

We are under the cosh, tbh, losing out physically so ball keeps coming back at us.

Goalkeeper has made a string of saves although might have been slightly out of position for free kick. Good handling and distribution so far.

The paper boy (Alex Matthews) showing well for ball and good distribution too. Keeps getting clattered and coming back for more, that lad has spirit! Most of our attacking moves breaking down on  wings so only had one other shot on target.

Well, I am not too sure how much we gain from an experience like tonight (but I am sure Pat Lyons will tell me later on Rams TV). ?

With all the second half substitutes and triallists involved it was a very disjointed performance. 

Not much to add, except to say the goalkeeper continued to impress, and Cybulski, when he came on, seems to have added a bit of strength to his game  which was good to see. 

Rest of players really were not a physical match for the Gladiators, so difficult to assess their performances.

Brilliant to see some live football again and to catch up with footy friends in a lovely setting.

20210713_211046.jpg

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

2 first year scholars, 1 second year scholar, and 6 first year pros starting. Plus 2 trialists

3 first year scholars, 3 second year scholars, and 4 first year pros on the bench. Plus 1 trialist.

JBrown, Cashin, Williams, CDixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, and Duncan not part of the squad. [All 2nd year pros or older]

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2 first year scholars, 1 second year scholar, and 6 first year pros starting. Plus 2 trialists

3 first year scholars, 3 second year scholars, and 4 first year pros on the bench. Plus 1 trialist.

JBrown, Cashin, Williams, CDixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, and Duncan not part of the squad. [All 2nd year pros or older]

Where are Liam Thompson and Conor Dixon, GOC? Not seen either of them around first team squad and not there last night either (as far as I could see.)

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Where's Duncan then, came the cry?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Where are Liam Thompson and Conor Dixon, GOC? Not seen either of them around first team squad and not there last night either (as far as I could see.)

Ibrahim is another missing from the U18/23 team last night.

They've split the 3 squads into 2, so i guess they've more or less split it based on age - 2nd year pro in with the first team. Williams and Ibrahim being the exceptions.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Pretty certain I’ve seen Dixon in a lot of the first team training shots and videos 

I wonder if he’ll be one who quietly enters the first team picture. Like Knight when he quite suddenly was in the picture a couple of years back 

1 hour ago, Jram said:

Pretty certain I’ve seen Dixon in a lot of the first team training shots and videos 

I wonder if he’ll be one who quietly enters the first team picture. Like Knight when he quite suddenly was in the picture a couple of years back 

Thanks. I hadn't spotted him, which is strange as he looks so distinctive. Dixon is a year older than most of his teammates, been hampered by injury, so this is an important season for him. Hope you're right because I really rate him.

U23s not involved last night:
JBrown, Cashin, Dixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, Duncan

U18s not invovled last night:
Randle, Evans, Williams, Rutt, Ibrahim, Sebagabo, Fapetu, Aideyan, Ryan, Borkovic, Eze

I've only spotted the following in the pics and clips from the training camp: Williams, LThompson, Hutchinson

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

U23s not involved last night:
JBrown, Cashin, Dixon, LThompson, Hutchinson, Wilson, Duncan

U18s not invovled last night:
Randle, Evans, Williams, Rutt, Ibrahim, Sebagabo, Fapetu, Aideyan, Ryan, Borkovic, Eze

I've only spotted the following in the pics and clips from the training camp: Williams, LThompson, Hutchinson

I think Ibrahim was at the match last night, not in matchday gear. Could have a knock. Didn't spot anyone else I thought I recognised but it's so long since I have seen some of them (if at all!)