Academy Thread 21/22

Shadowplay

Archie Brown will likely have offers on the table from other clubs. He would have a good opportunity to be a first team player here next season, but I'd imagine that a move to a big club would be too much of a carrot. I'd expect Festy to stay for another year. 

6 hours ago, California Ram. said:

The Archie Brown and Festy ‘out of contract’ bits are a worry. Just saw a post on Facebook suggesting Archie’s gone - anyone know any more ? 

I rate both Archie Brown and Festy Ebosele. My worry here is that surely they would’ve signed by now if they were going to?

Having said that, the majority of our U23s who were listed as ‘offered new terms’ on last year’s retained list did sign new deals in the end.

Fingers crossed ? Archie Brown and Festy Ebosele sign on the dotted line.

Edited by Stuniverse

The biggest surprise for me is we’ve gone from having an unusually high number of five U23 goalkeepers (Idem, Foster, Halwax, Sykes-Kenworthy and Yates) to none.

I suppose second-year scholar (next season) Alfie Roberts could move up to U23 with Harry Evans coming in as a first-year scholar to challenge Harvey Randle, but I imagine we will bring in an U23 goalkeeper or two.

In the season run-in, Louie Moulden (Manchester City) was an U23 trialist in goal for us against Everton on 30th January and Joshua Chapman played three games for our U18s as a trialist, two in March against Manchester City and Stoke City, plus the last game of the season against Burnley on 8th May.

Edited by Stuniverse

7 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

The biggest surprise for me is we’ve gone from having an unusually high number of five U23 goalkeepers (Idem, Foster, Halwax, Sykes-Kenworthy and Yates) to none.

I suppose second-year scholar (next season) Alfie Roberts could move up to U23 with Harry Evans coming in as a first-year scholar to challenge Harvey Randle, but I imagine we will bring in an U23 goalkeeper or two.

In the season run-in, Louie Moulden (Manchester City) was an U23 trialist in goal for us against Everton on 30th January and Joshua Chapman played three games for our U18s as a trialist, two in March against Manchester City and Stoke City, plus the last game of the season against Burnley on 8th May.

Moulden had an interesting season. 
In January, he played for Villa.
In February, he played for us.
He then played 3 games for Man City (for the first he came on as a sub)
In March, he played for Wolves.

8 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I rate both Archie Brown and Festy Ebosele. My worry here is that surely they would’ve signed by now if they were going to?

Having said that, the majority of our U23s who were listed as ‘offered new terms’ on last year’s retained list did sign new deals in the end.

Fingers crossed ? Archie Brown and Festy Ebosele sign on the dotted line.

On the other thread someone posted that Archie had gone to Lausanne.

Football - Ça bouge du côté du Lausanne-Sport - Le Matin

"To support Toichi Suzuki on the left flank, England's Archibald Brown (19) arrives from Derby County's Under-23s. Lausanne recruitment will of course not stop there..."

On 02/06/2021 at 12:43, Ghost of Clough said:

Whoa!! Two things:

1. The Academy Thread should only be started when pre-season begins or if the squads for next season are announced.
  2. The Academy Thread should only be started by me ?

Calm down dear, have a Snickers ?

22 hours ago, angieram said:

Mmm, watched Alfreton bully the under 23s pre-season a few seasons ago. Going to be even more fun against our under 18s - some of them are only just 16!

I don’t know if it’s the same game but I remember watching a game there that was absolutely bossed by their centre half and I thought we should sign him, a certain mister Aden Flint.

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I don’t know if it’s the same game but I remember watching a game there that was absolutely bossed by their centre half and I thought we should sign him, a certain mister Aden Flint.

No, more recent than that. Flinty was already bullying our first team by then!

Derbyshire Telegraph reporting we should be entitled to compensation for Archie Brown but I doubt it will be much.

Anybody got any idea how much the compensation might be and how it’s calculated? (I think there’s a formula for working it out, but may be wrong).

Edited by Stuniverse

16 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Derbyshire Telegraph reporting we should be entitled to compensation for Archie Brown but I doubt it will be much.

Anybody got any idea how much the compensation might be and how it’s calculated? (I think there’s a formula for working it out, but may be wrong).

It is called FIFA training compensation. Google it, there must be some calculator's around.

It's calculated from the years player has trained under 21, I think the calculation starts at the age of 12 or 13.

Anyone under 24 must be compensated but the years between 21-23 are not included to compensation. So every club player has had between 12-21 will get some money.

Edited by Dimmu