Lampard in the news

Spanish

Some bits in the Times

“My year at Derby was such an enjoyable year, I worked with such incredible people, an incredible owner in Mel [Morris] — who people told me to be aware of — I found him to have the most amazing human side, the most amazing support mechanism from when I worked there, people behind the scenes, the fans who were just desperate to get into the Premier League, a great group of players.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-losing-my-job-was-hard-but-i-still-have-special-bond-with-chelsea-k7fk6sjld

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Some bits in the Times

“My year at Derby was such an enjoyable year, I worked with such incredible people, an incredible owner in Mel [Morris] — who people told me to be aware of — I found him to have the most amazing human side, the most amazing support mechanism from when I worked there, people behind the scenes, the fans who were just desperate to get into the Premier League, a great group of players.”

Thanks, that's really good to hear. #COYR

REDKNAPP: You went from your very first managerial job at Championship Derby to taking on a Champions League club in Chelsea. Would you do things differently if you had your time again?

LAMPARD: I think about that a lot, Jamie, and I'd do it exactly the same. When I went to Derby, people warned me to be careful about how Mel Morris operates, but he was brilliant. The day we lost to Aston Villa (in the 2019 Championship play-off final), my instant feeling was of letting down Mel. 

When Chelsea came knocking, he was so open. He told me: 'Chelsea is your club so if you feel it, do it.' I understood the accusations of 'he doesn't deserve it'. No one gets the job at Chelsea after a year at Derby. My club career helped make that happen...

LAMPARD MEETS REDKNAPP: Frank speaks out on 'loving' Abramovich's approach to sacking him and more | Daily Mail Online

3 hours ago, Spanish said:

Some bits in the Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/frank-lampard-losing-my-job-was-hard-but-i-still-have-special-bond-with-chelsea-k7fk6sjld

Should that be "... who people told me to beware of..."?  

I presume so, as a later quote refers to "... people warned me to be careful about how Mel Morris operates...".

7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Thanks chubby, that makes It all better now, we can forget about the absolute pig sty you left the place.  

Bit of a reach to leave it solely on Franks shoulders ? the decline has been evident for a while. That season just papered over the Grand Canyon of cracks. Although I don’t imagine he’d get a great reception at PP next season if he comes back with WBA

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

He definitely didn’t leave it any worse than he found it! 

you dont think? You dont think he fostered the "all lads together" culture that eventually caused the incident at the joiners arms?..and he also spent millions and millions on total dross like Scott Malone and millions and millions on loanee players that ultimately was completely wasted....

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

you dont think? You dont think he fostered the "all lads together" culture that eventually caused the incident at the joiners arms?..and he also spent millions and millions on total dross like Scott Malone and millions and millions on loanee players that ultimately was completely wasted....

Are you isolating FL for these things? Arthur Cox wasted money, Jim Smith wasted money, Billy Davies wasted money, Paul Jewell wasted money, Nigel Pearson wasted money, Gary Rowett wasted money, Cocu wasted money. 

I’m calling ******** on blaming the lads lads lads culture on Lampard. This stuff happened and happens still just doesn’t always end in car crash. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Are you isolating FL for these things? Arthur Cox wasted money, Jim Smith wasted money, Billy Davies wasted money, Paul Jewell wasted money, Nigel Pearson wasted money, Gary Rowett wasted money, Cocu wasted money. 

I’m calling ******** on blaming the lads lads lads culture on Lampard. This stuff happened and happens still just doesn’t always end in car crash. 

He was far too much "one of the lads" which definitely caused the, quite literal car crash.

And yep Arthur did waste money, so did Jim, So did Billy.....but they all got us promoted, which barrow boy didnt.

The others, well, they are in the same boat as fatty, came to the club, took lots of money, wasted lots of money and left it worse off.

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He was far too much "one of the lads" which definitely caused the, quite literal car crash.

And yep Arthur did waste money, so did Jim, So did Billy.....but they all got us promoted, which barrow boy didnt.

The others, well, they are in the same boat as fatty, came to the club, took lots of money, wasted lots of money and left it worse off.

They also got us relegated culminating in us nearly going under and having to sell off players! 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Go listen to the Undr The Cosh podcasts with Steve Davies and Liam Dickinson.

You have players on the lash the morning of a game, on the lash in training playing cricket after losing 5, broken eye sockets on banana boats, cricket balls being launched at players. 

All under Nigel Clough. 

You could also go listen to Ben Marshall, then you start to realise it’s not just Derby where players are irresponsible regardless of who the manager is.

Yes the club took the players out, but taxi’s were laid on and ignored, only people to blame for that accident was those in the cars.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Go listen to the Undr The Cosh podcasts with Steve Davies and Liam Dickinson.

You have players on the lash the morning of a game, on the lash in training playing cricket after losing 5, broken eye sockets on banana boats, cricket balls being launched at players. 

All under Nigel Clough. 

You could also go listen to Ben Marshall, then you start to realise it’s not just Derby where players are irresponsible regardless of who the manager is.

Yes the club took the players out, but taxi’s were laid on and ignored, only people to blame for that accident was those in the cars.

oh please don't let a sense of balance get in the way of irrational hatred

Not sure Lampard deserves the level of hate he gets from some on here. He was part of a very enjoyable season, we came very close to promotion. His signings were decent under him, not his fault they’ve been poor after he left. Yes his departure was drawn out, but overall he had a positive impact on this club. Cheers Frank!