Andy Appleby

Carnero

54 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

When Mostyn emailed Andy he confirmed Andy wasn't getting involved with DCFC but I thought the terminology was interesting. Along the lines of "No not personally". Now I'm probably adding 2 + 2 and getting 5 but that could mean he is facilitating something. Am I clutching at straws? 

Edit the phrase was "Not part of it" and it was a text not email.

Question-“Hi Andy, hope this message finds you well and doesn't disturb you. Any truth in whispers you might be getting back involved at Derby County? We spoke often a few years back and it'd be intriguing if you came back now you that you know you can crack it with the right people. 

All the best if you are and if you're not.”

Reply- “No Mostyn.Not personally. Btw- good to hear from you. Andy”

52 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

“We have been following (Derby) and also have been hearing all of the recent rumours regarding Sam and I. We are together now in General Sports Worldwide, but at this time we don’t have an interest in ownership of the club,” Appleby said. “What I will say though is that I have always liked and respected Mel (Morris) and would be happy to help him in any way if he asked. I love Derby County and only want the best for the club and its fantastic supporters.”

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Final question answer interesting. "His wife would love to live in England" but sounds as if he is making sure his head rules his heart. Well he really does love us but it sounds as if he would be looking to help someone else invest in a UK team rather than do it himself. But I guess we have to hope if he does love us as much as it sounds (especially Mrs Appleby) that he wouldn't want us to fold.  Our plan should be a charm offensive on Mrs Appleby to ensure she knows how perilous our position seems to be. Someone who cried for 10 days after 2024 play-off final defeat would not surely let her husband stand by while we are liquidated!!!! My son just said "who is he, he is lovely". Quite. 

I wish to volunteer to go and charm Mrs Appleby she is quite stunning If I remember correctly ???

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

“We have been following (Derby) and also have been hearing all of the recent rumours regarding Sam and I. We are together now in General Sports Worldwide, but at this time we don’t have an interest in ownership of the club,” Appleby said. “What I will say though is that I have always liked and respected Mel (Morris) and would be happy to help him in any way if he asked. I love Derby County and only want the best for the club and its fantastic supporters.”

I think that has the problem in a nutshell "if he asked".