What's the odds?

sage

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think it depends if Brentford decide to rest everyone really. We've seen what happens when you lose your best players in league matches when you are already in playoffs.

I am hoping that Brentford will be fighting for third and the advantage of being at home for the second leg. I might be wrong but unless they have some agenda against us, I think they will want to win this one

1 hour ago, sage said:

I'm very worried as well. What I'm not doing is

A) wallowing in negativity

B) presuming we are relegated

C) grasping at every opportunity to spread doom

The point I am making is that while we should be concerned, the 'End is Nigh' funeral atmosphere on here is out of proportion. You don't get out of poo situations by being defeatist and morbid, you do that by being relaistic but positive.   

Actually you get out of poo situations by turning situations around with positive actions. The only people who can get us out of this are the players and coaching staff, us as fans have no input on it. Fans are concerned because we've got the worst form in the division and don't look like we can pick up another point let alone a win before the end of the season... that's not presuming we're relegated or grasping at every opportunity to spread doom. That's a realistic concern about some of the poorest form this club has seen in the past two decades. 

The bookies odds don't bother me- they reflect what people think is likely to happen which doesn't always reflect the true likelihood of an event occurring. I don't know how wednesday are 1/16 to go down given they just need to better our result against forest as we do vs swansea and then it's a final day shootout..  if i was a betting man I'd put a tenner on them staying up at this point. 

I'd say given Rotherham's last 4 games, and our last 2 it's going to be too close to call on who will stay up. We might claw ourselves to safety or we might fall through the trap door. I'd say at this point with Rotherham it's 50/50 either way. Wednesday have a slightly worse chance just because we've got another chance to relegate them this weekend before we play them. 

What also doesn't get anyone out of poo situations is two halves of a fanbase trying to outdo each other in the misery/optimism stakes.

We're by no means the only club that does this, but this whole Happy Clappers vs Wrist Slashers gubbins that has been raging on since the invention of the Internet needs to go in the bin.

We're all Derby aren't we? Some of us still believe we can stay up. Others don't. Some believe that the players/staff/owners have let us down. Others don't.

We don't always have to agree with each other but we don't need a civil war with 2 games to go of any season, let alone this one

10 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It pains me to admit this, but I have just put £20 on Wednesday to stay up at 9/1           I can't see us getting anything at Swansea even if they rest most players, and Florist will roll over for Wednesday, then it's winner takes all at pride park last match 

You might ultimately be right but Florist will not roll over v Wendies, not under Hughton....they still might lose though...

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I am hoping that Brentford will be fighting for third and the advantage of being at home for the second leg. I might be wrong but unless they have some agenda against us, I think they will want to win this one

Hopefully, but having no fans makes it less of an incentive.

39 minutes ago, JfR said:

As things stand, these are the odds that FiveThirtyEight are giving for relegation. These are different to gambling odds, as they're based upon statistical analysis and modelling, where gambling odds are more controlled and affected by the market.
Image.thumb.png.290c7869bf4d644129e764751d27aa9f.png

It's funny as 35% was about the score they gave Trump of winning in 2016.... Tbh, the % score at this point is a little meaningless I think if you just look at the projected point totals. One result across 3 different scenarios completely changes the dynamic and results. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You might ultimately be right but Florist will not roll over v Wendies, not under Hughton....they still might lose though...

Think Wednesday can rightfully be annoyed at the scheduling for Saturday. They need to beat us whatever happens, so need to get more points than us on Saturday.

As they are playing before us, they don't have the benefit of knowing if they must go for the win, or could take the draw. Or what Rotherham are doing as well.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think Wednesday can rightfully be annoyed at the scheduling for Saturday. They need to beat us whatever happens, so need to get more points than us on Saturday.

As they are playing before us, they don't have the benefit of knowing if they must go for the win, or could take the draw. Or what Rotherham are doing as well.

If they were playing simultaneously I don’t think they could adjust their initial strategy though. Guess if we were being stuffed by h/t and they were 0-0 they could wheel out the bus at ht but like us they are probably too ? to set up and defend a score,