Worst gig you have ever been to. Comedy or music.

sage

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Ozzy Osborne some time in the mid 80s. He was drunk, shambolic.

I left after Crazy Train, Mr Crowley and a couple of butchered Sabbath songs.

Was that the bark at the moon tour at Assembly rooms?

if so i was there dont really remember much about it one way or another.

Zodiac Mindwarp - can't fully remember the venue but could have been the De Montford Hall. 

The single was great, the video ridiculous but entertaining, the album was patchy but had some decent tracks but live, ugh.

I used to think that I was the world's worst singer - now at least I am confident that I'm only the second worst. And it's not the kind of Johnny Rotten, Alien Sex Fiend - 'who cares about singing in tune, this is alternative music' bad. This guy wanted to be Bon Jovi but sounded like a cat being strangled.

Then the band were actually worse than anything I've ever seen in a local pub. Out of time drums, bass player appeared to have taken the instrument that day and the guitarists seemed to have missed the 'how to tune your guitar' lesson. It was in every respect, appalling. 

I remember a mate of mine going to see the Pogues in Burton - apparently Shane MacGowan staggered on to the stage, slumped on the edge of the drum-riser with a bottle of whiskey, slurred his way through 30 minutes of 'songs' and then gave up.....to say he wasn't impressed was an understatement....

I went to the "Six of the Best" concert at Milton Keynes Bowl (Genesis + Peter Gabriel and eventually Steve Hackett) in 1982. Great to see them all onstage together but not the greatest gig as they were criminally under-rehearsed. Worse thing though was the weather - we drove to Milton Keynes, got out of the car and it started raining - it didn't stop raining until we got back in the car 12 hours later.....

3 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Was that the bark at the moon tour at Assembly rooms?

if so i was there dont really remember much about it one way or another.

It was at the Birmingham Odeon. 1982 or 3 perhaps. It was the period when he'd heard Black sabbath were going to put out a live album so he rushed one out first to piss them off. It was terrible. Should have known the gig was going to be bad too.

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I went to the "Six of the Best" concert at Milton Keynes Bowl (Genesis + Peter Gabriel and eventually Steve Hackett) in 1982. Great to see them all onstage together but not the greatest gig as they were criminally under-rehearsed. Worse thing though was the weather - we drove to Milton Keynes, got out of the car and it started raining - it didn't stop raining until we got back in the car 12 hours later.....

but but but Supper's Ready

Saw Oasis supporting BMX Bandits at the Wherehouse in Derby - November 1993

They were shocking, a really poor Beatles/T-Rex plodding rock band, and the short arse singer was doing ridiculous fake swagger totally nicked from Ian Brown. Then they did a song that was basically The New Seekers "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" - awful

We were laughing at how naff they were, and what on earth were Creation Records doing signing this bunch of unoriginal, cliched nobodies. 

They may have sold millions of records since  but I stand by my initial impression. Most over-rated band ever

26 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

but but but Supper's Ready

Don't get me wrong - I was really pleased I went and to see Gabriel singing the older stuff was brilliant. But I've never been as wet in my life (including swimming or having a bath!)....Sounds had a stall at the back of the arena - we all picked up a goody bag, binned the contents and sat with the bags on top of our heads. It was also great to see John Martyn; Jonathan King getting booed and Talk Talk having things thrown at them....we knew how to have a good time back in the day...?

Archived