Worst gig you have ever been to. Comedy or music.

sage

On 19/04/2021 at 00:08, uttoxram75 said:

Siousxie and the Banshees at Victoria Hall, Stoke around 1977 ish.

Awful, she was off her head and screaming abuse at the crowd. The crowd were throwing tins of beer on stage and they were lobbing them back, the bouncers were getting more grief than they could handle and it gradually descended into total mayhem, full on fights, the concert finished early as the police raided the place, running battles in the streets around the venue.....it was pretty much like attending a football match in Stoke back then.

Would like to see a dvd of that...sounds like it would be a decent video with music over the top!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Oh shut up! You get to say you saw The Beatles ffs

True, but similar to me when I went to see Billie Holiday, glad I got to see her but acoustics were terrible at the venue.

I was at the studio when Johnny Cash and Dylan were recording Girl from the North Country, but all I can remember about it was how cold it was in there. Think the AC was up the shoot.

Otis Redding was decent, but he didn't play my favourite song of his, a b-side I love, even though I was polite enough to request it inbetween each song. Shame it turned out to be his last ever gig.

Worst gig, or should I say festival, though was Woodstock. Terrible facilities, way too mainstream acts and wifi non-existent.

23 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Otis Redding was decent, but he didn't play my favourite song of his, a b-side I love, even though I was polite enough to request it inbetween each song. Shame it turned out to be his last ever gig.

This sounds unintentionally ominous. You must really love that b-side.

Archived