New management team required - NOW

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It’s certainly possible that it’s a strained relationship given the takeover falling through.

It also wouldn’t surprise me if he walked away/lost interest. We all saw the Rooney that came back at the start of the season, unfit, lazy, unmotivated and seemingly disinterested. Not a good reflection on him and gives serious cause for concern.

It's the hope that kills you.

Actually thinking further on this article. Sure it’s speculative........but didn’t we see this sort of thing in the build up to Rooney’s appointment?

We had lots of stories of Cocu losing the dressing room, Rooney talking to players behind Cocu’s back, Rooney preparing a coaching team ready to takeover, etc, etc.

Back then Rooney was built up as the saviour to wrestle the club from the clutches of Cocu.

Now we get the first story of Rooney’s strained relationship with Mel. Will the stories accelerate from here and how will they portray our club? 

This story is already treading the “poor little Rooney” path. What will be next.......and like last time......who’s doing the briefing?

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

League one champs fair enough 

won championship due to breaking ffp 

think you being very generous and I haven’t seen the quotes re Leics Prem win. Pearson himself denied this. Rainieri set them up differently. 

My recollection of his time at Derby was a disaster , poor football , signing of Anya ( took another year for Vydra to come good ) and his sacking was for undisclosed disciplinary reasons which Pearson never appealed. Rumours of  disciplinary reasons at Watford as well. 
Nothing to do with Mel’s ego more Pearson’s if anyone. 
He is known as a strange character and lives up to that.
No success anywhere apart from Leicester , he did well for them no doubt but he would not have been one at Derby and I very much doubt he will be a success anywhere in the future. 
So no I wouldn't prefer him to the current manager who I will judge next season not this. 
You using the term idiot to describe Rooney Is very disrespectful

That's not true.

Leicester did all their big spending between Pearson's terms. In their promotion season their wage bill was falling quite rapidly.

He was really poor at Derby, but his Leicester record was superb. 

From what I heard, Mel had no choice but to sack him. I still feel that it's a shame as I reckon that given time he would have taken us up, but he forced Mel's hand.

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Rooney has briefed a friendly journalist at the Mail to get an excuse out there to pin relegation on rather than have it tarnish his own fledgling managerial reputation.

I’m hoping it’s just a one off random report. 

But we’ll see in the next couple of weeks if anymore come out. The feel of this was definitely Rooney’s being let down though so a bit of a concern.

And here’s the problem with the celebrity appointment. Loads of poo follows them around and they attract too much attention.

Even if Rooneys side isn’t briefing,  these kind of articles could have a very negative effect if it gets into the heads of the players!

Why should I work for this guy if he’s planning his own exit?

It won’t help our performances whether he’s instigating it or not unless it’s addressed!

So another BS apparently baseless story in of all places the Mail and some are quick to want to believe it..just reads as more click bait based an nothing at all by the looks of it.. same as the BS stories when he was playing..none of those stories were ever proven to have any foundation whatsoever yet regularly get quoted as if they were fact..not even shoddy journalism..its worse than that..

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

League one champs fair enough 

won championship due to breaking ffp 

think you being very generous and I haven’t seen the quotes re Leics Prem win. Pearson himself denied this. Rainieri set them up differently. 

My recollection of his time at Derby was a disaster , poor football , signing of Anya ( took another year for Vydra to come good ) and his sacking was for undisclosed disciplinary reasons which Pearson never appealed. Rumours of  disciplinary reasons at Watford as well. 
Nothing to do with Mel’s ego more Pearson’s if anyone. 
He is known as a strange character and lives up to that.
No success anywhere apart from Leicester , he did well for them no doubt but he would not have been one at Derby and I very much doubt he will be a success anywhere in the future. 
So no I wouldn't prefer him to the current manager who I will judge next season not this. 
You using the term idiot to describe Rooney Is very disrespectful

For the record he departed Hull leaving them in play-off contention and was sacked at Watford after taking them out of the relegation zone. So knows what he is doing.

Giving this a bit more thought,and having read up on him, there is obviously character and man-management issues, especially when you brag about voting for the BNP.

And finally, I do concede to your point on being disrespectful, and apologies for any offence. No, excuse but a tad irate at the time!

2 hours ago, Pearson. said:

For the record he departed Hull leaving them in play-off contention and was sacked at Watford after taking them out of the relegation zone. So knows what he is doing.

Giving this a bit more thought,and having read up on him, there is obviously character and man-management issues, especially when you brag about voting for the BNP.

And finally, I do concede to your point on being disrespectful, and apologies for any offence. No, excuse but a tad irate at the time!

Eh? Pearson didn’t vote BNP. It was one of the Leicester players.

On 23/03/2021 at 17:32, Tyler Durden said:

Sheer fantasy.

But as long as you believe it that's the main thing 

Interesting if you listen to players like Jamie ward, bucko, Bryson etc they loved nige.... and completely disagreed with his sacking.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Nigel didn’t get anywhere (and still doesn’t) near the credit he deserved for the job he did at Derby 

1 hour ago, Eaststander7 said:

Interesting if you listen to players like Jamie ward, bucko, Bryson etc they loved nige.... and completely disagreed with his sacking.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Nigel didn’t get anywhere (and still doesn’t) near the credit he deserved for the job he did at Derby 

You're correct about some players who had huge respect for NC, He treated them fare, Family, School. Ill health and other bits and bobs, NC made sure they could support all the above without it impinging on their training or playing.

NC is a great family man, Unfortunately some of us...me included thought it was time to say goobye.

14 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You're correct about some players who had huge respect for NC, He treated them fare, Family, School. Ill health and other bits and bobs, NC made sure they could support all the above without it impinging on their training or playing.

NC is a great family man, Unfortunately some of us...me included thought it was time to say goobye.

Yes and maybe you’re right - just a time to reflect where we have been over the past 10 years....

onwards and upwards - let’s just get the points to stay up this season eh! ?

On 27/03/2021 at 00:49, Ibby said:

ROONEY'S RELATIONSHIP WITH Derby OWNER STRAINED  

Wayne Rooney's relationship with Derby owner Mel Morris has become strained following the collapse of the proposed takeover by Sheik Khaled earlier this month. 

The former England captain had received repeated assurances that the sale of the club would go through before he took the manager's job.

The uncertainty surrounding the club's ownership has added to Rooney's problems as he battles to keep Derby in the Championship, with four players sold to raise funds during the January transfer window and more likely to leave in the summer if Morris remains in charge.

Rooney has also had to contend with players' grievances at not being paid on time on several occasions this season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9407797/AHEAD-GAME-Manager-Graham-Potter-faces-inquest-Brighton.html

A hit piece about Derby written by Matt Hughes? I am well and truly shocked.

On 28/03/2021 at 12:45, Sheikh n Bake said:

Imagine being a Derby fan and having the audacity to slate other teams for their attitudes towards FFP ?

We're not exactly squeeky clean on this front.

We have not broken it though. Pushed the boundaries. , Leicester broke it and were given a paltry fine 

Rooney said today in his presser the articles about his relationship with Mel are false Ive not taken much notice with it being international break but anyone posted these articles? He also mentioned one about his future being false 

Anyone hear 606 last night with Sutton and savage?? A Derby fan by the name of Adrian called in to say Rooney has to go at the end of the season no matter what....

Have you heard yourself? I mean everyone is entitled to an opinion but give me strength.... #embarrassing ?

On 28/03/2021 at 14:43, CornwallRam said:

That's not true.

Leicester did all their big spending between Pearson's terms. In their promotion season their wage bill was falling quite rapidly.

He was really poor at Derby, but his Leicester record was superb. 

From what I heard, Mel had no choice but to sack him. I still feel that it's a shame as I reckon that given time he would have taken us up, but he forced Mel's hand.

Leicester were fined for breaching FFP the season after they went up. Pearson may not have spent the dosh but he benefitted having a squad they couldn’t afford ( a bit like the stadium they got by going bust ?

Archived