Chris Wilder

Malagaram

Why has Wilder walked away from Sheffield United,has he got something else lined up,now if he could be persuaded to come to Derby,that would be a coup ,but how much would it cost to pay Rooney off,and how much would we have to offer Wilder,do we have any money.I am sure we would be in safer hands with Wilder,than Rooney.Any Thoughts ?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Why has Wilder walked away from Sheffield United,has he got something else lined up,now if he could be persuaded to come to Derby,that would be a coup ,but how much would it cost to pay Rooney off,and how much would we have to offer Wilder,do we have any money.I am sure we would be in safer hands with Wilder,than Rooney.Any Thoughts ?

My thoughts are are you serious ?

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

The same wilder that was in charge of a team that is stranded at the bottom of their league and have only amassed 14 points all season ??

Yep, that same guy who somehow got a very average Sheff Utd team to the prem and nearly make Europe 

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

The same wilder that was in charge of a team that is stranded at the bottom of their league and have only amassed 14 points all season ??

The same wilder who took over Sheffield United in league 1 took them all the way to top half in the premier league, and who has had success in pretty much all his managerial jobs.

He will be a great manager for someone.

57 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The same wilder who took over Sheffield United in league 1 took them all the way to top half in the premier league, and who has had success in pretty much all his managerial jobs.

He will be a great manager for someone.

And this season the reason they are bottom way adrift is because....

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

They didn’t have the cash to invest, they overachieved last season. If Wilder had stayed they would have a decent chance next season.  I think they will regret it.

A bit like a manager taking over a bottom of the league club, several points adrift and getting them to overachieve in getting them several points clear with a few games to go ?

Maybe if we could get one of those we could have a decent chance next season as well ?

He left because they didn’t give him sufficient funds in the transfer market to keep Sheffield United up. Therefore he’s hardly likely to want to come here, when we haven’t got a pot to piss in. He’ll be holding out for a more ambitious Championship club that he can take up to the Premier League quickly.

And anyway, as much as I’d love Wilder here, we currently have a manager in Rooney who has done a decent job so far in keeping us out the relegation zone. It’s not the time to be talking about a replacement just yet.

22 hours ago, IslandExile said:

He wanted more funds to buy players of Premier League standard.

The owner had other ideas.

My Blades supporting friend is totally gutted.

Spent £50 million on forwards who have scored one goal this season 

In a recent interview he was randomly going off about "do-gooders, lefties and psychologists". Anyone still dismissing psychologists as some sort of witchcraft that they have no time for should be banished back in time where they belong. He had an impressive run with Sheffield United but he's an arse and whilst undoubtedly working with a limited budget compared to a lot of teams in that division, the business he was able to do has been largely rubbish.

My prediction for him is that he will get another job at a decent level and it will go a bit tits up.

Archived