The curious case of Rotherham's covid

RamLad1884

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a thought but there is an advantage that folk have overlooked. If players have picked up knocks and are unavailable for selection, it could be argued that delaying a match until you have a healthy roster, even allowing for fixture congestion, could be a marginal gain.

Would we rather have two games in a week with Bielik, or play them a full week apart without him? I know which I'd favour ?‍♂️

On 06/03/2021 at 16:27, David said:

They investigate any postponement, which probably means they'll give them a quick phone call, ask if they have been following protocols, they reply yes and everything is dandy.

I thought that was the fit and proper person test?

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All these postponements mean it’s possible we will finish our season outside the relegation zone, but still end up going down!

You can't have games still going on when everyone else has finished. Rotherham will have to play them before the final day.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This is the 3rd time in about 10 weeks isn't it .  Investigation required surely.  Possibly a points deduction if such investigation shows lapses in procedure.  Taking the piss. Probably the big gobbed chairman bellowing fumes on all and sundry.

I hope whoever is taking the piss is wearing appropriate PPE - if they’re just carrying it about in a bucket it’s no wonder they keep having outbreaks.....

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

You can't have games still going on when everyone else has finished. Rotherham will have to play them before the final day.

Does beg the question what if they have an outbreak at the end of april meaning they cant play their last 2,3,4,5,6 games? What happens then?

34 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Does beg the question what if they have an outbreak at the end of april meaning they cant play their last 2,3,4,5,6 games? What happens then?

3 Points awareded to all of their opponents - it's the only way....☺️

Sith Happens
Just now, Gaspode said:

3 Points awareded to all of their opponents - it's the only way....☺️

For the remaining games? Dont know what there run in is but what if that gives someone a win that puts them above us or someone else.

Hard to define a fair way.

46 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

It's very unlikely. I doubt there even is an 'outbreak' there at the moment. They need to be investigated.

30 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

For the remaining games? Dont know what there run in is but what if that gives someone a win that puts them above us or someone else.

Hard to define a fair way.

It was a light-hearted comment, however if they are unable to fulfil their fixtures within the normal season then the games they can't complete must be awarded to the opposing team - there's already a precedent that's been applied when teams have been unable to fulfil fixtures at short-notice due to flu. Alternatively, they can play their U18s - pretty sure a club was forced to do that ein the FA Cup this season.....?

Archived