Preseason.

1of4

The reopening of the country may not come quick enough for us to be allowed back into a football stadiums this season. Hopefully by the start of next season there'll be no restrictions on the number of people allowed to gather in one place and we'll all be allowed in to watch a game. 

To watch the Rams live, may come during a preseason game. As we rarely play more than one friendly game at Pride Park, especially if the pitch is being replaced. The first chance we get to cheer on the Rams may have to be at an away game. 

So who's ground would you want to travel to, to see the Rams?

On a purely selfish standpoint I like to see the Rams go on a mini tour of Scotland, playing clubs like 

Queens Park, to watch us play at Hampden Park.

Dumbarton and Motherwell, a reason to visit relatives.

Caley Thistle, to be able to drive through the Cairngorms and see Loch Ness again.

St Johnstone, chance to see Bryson play one last time.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save money, keep it local. Not only that but booking tours in other countries, even Scotland where restrictions/quarantine rules maybe different doesn’t make much sense right now. 

Alfreton, Chesterfield, Burton, Ilkeston, Notts County, Leicester, plenty of teams around for both the first team and U23s.

26 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The reopening of the country may not come quick enough for us to be allowed back into a football stadiums this season. Hopefully by the start of next season there'll be no restrictions on the number of people allowed to gather in one place and we'll all be allowed in to watch a game. 

To watch the Rams live, may come during a preseason game. As we rarely play more than one friendly game at Pride Park, especially if the pitch is being replaced. The first chance we get to cheer on the Rams may have to be at an away game. 

On a purely selfish standpoint I like to see the Rams go on a mini tour of Scotland, playing clubs like 

Caley Thistle, to be able to drive through the Cairngorms and see Loch Ness again.

Maybe combine playing these Scottish teams and some National league teams in England ??????? ???????

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

As well as Elgin and Inverurie please

11 hours ago, 1of4 said:

They are moving next door to Lesser Hampden soon. 

It was meant to be in spring 2021 but I'm not sure how construction has been going since the league has been put on hold. 

12 hours ago, David said:

Save money, keep it local. Not only that but booking tours in other countries, even Scotland where restrictions/quarantine rules maybe different doesn’t make much sense right now. 

Alfreton, Chesterfield, Burton, Ilkeston, Notts County, Leicester, plenty of teams around for both the first team and U23s.

You forgot the Derby, Derby v Mickleover Sports.

Local to me would be my preference - Bristol City, Cheltenham Town even Gloucester City but not my nearest ground Forest Green, as long as that chairman continues with his exclusive policies I will not be seen there.

Archived