The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

31 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yea the work from home forever supporters that want us locked out of our lives in the name of staying feeling nice and safe while the working classes deliver their orders , look after their kids , fix their roofs , build their extensions and the multitude of other wants ?????

Its ok though because they wear a mask!

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It really is shameful that we have to rely on Tory rebels to provide any sort of resistance to Government policy.

We've literally been a one party state throughout the pandemic.

The only thing I can remember Starmer doing over the last 15 months is 'taking the knee' in his office and his wallpaper jibe at Boris.

We haven't even been a one party state. We've been a "4 cabinet ministers state", 2 of whom are just ex-journalists. 

PMQs has become a joke when Starmer's questions are usually met with "lefty lawyer" insults, or lies that have to be officially retracted later on.

It's worrying how quickly our democratic conventions are being stripped away by these entitled chancers. 

8 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Now, I know this one I think.... Princess nut nuts tweets a proposed policy and Boris counts the likes..... ?

The media, the opposition, his latest concubine...poor Johnson hasn't got a prayer with all these terrible people actually running the show.

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

We haven't even been a one party state. We've been a "4 cabinet ministers state", 2 of whom are just ex-journalists. 

PMQs has become a joke when Starmer's questions are usually met with "lefty lawyer" insults, or lies that have to be officially retracted later on.

It's worrying how quickly our democratic conventions are being stripped away by these entitled chancers. 

I would reply on Starmer’s achievements since leading the opposition, but I think you might (once again) have slipped into political posturing my friend and I must not go the same way. I have nothing to say, not actually unlike Starmer.

41 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I would reply on Starmer’s achievements since leading the opposition, but I think you might (once again) have slipped into political posturing my friend and I must not go the same way. I have nothing to say, not actually unlike Starmer.

Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought it was funny that after usually blaming the evil media for Covid mistakes, it was now the Oppositions fault. Own your mistakes lads.

21 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I just thought it was funny that after usually blaming the evil media for Covid mistakes, it was now the Oppositions fault. Own your mistakes lads.

The opposition are completely unelectable and will be for a very long time own it lads.

Edited by cstand

11 minutes ago, cstand said:

The opposition are completely unelectable and will be for a very long time own it lads.

Having an electable opposition is one of the most important checks and balances this country has. 

I find it very surprising that some fail to see that and descend into crowing tribalism. 

This is a comment on our political system in general rather than the mob that happen to be "in" at the moment. 

Arguably, if Blair hadn't had such thumping majorities because of the utter paucity of opposition he'd have been more careful over Iraq for example.

Same now. 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Thought we weren’t allowed to stray into politics ??‍♂️
I had post removed for stating that labour no longer represented the working classes , peopled by and champions of the Islington dinner party types

We aren't.  Unless you're slagging off Tories and then its allowed to slide ?

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Thought we weren’t allowed to stray into politics ??‍♂️
I had post removed for stating that labour no longer represented the working classes , peopled by and champions of the Islington dinner party types

It feels that comments on politics in general can be acceptable, like @Van der MoodHoovers sensible last post for example.

Boring generalisations like Islington dinner parties should be removed for being satire free.

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

We aren't.  Unless you're slagging off Tories and then its allowed to slide ?

I think slagging off the current leadership regarding Covid is ok and on topic.

Fortunately, the current leadership have been pretty much perfect in every other regard, so I can't see how anyone could criticise them ?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

It feels that comments on politics in general can be acceptable, like @Van der MoodHoovers sensible last post for example.

Boring generalisations like Islington dinner parties should be removed for being satire free.

As a working man I know very few working class who see any satire in the Labour Party being hijacked and made irrelevant by those masquerading as working class or champions of them without the first clue ,, Jarvis cocker had it right , laugh along with the common people ??

57 minutes ago, Archied said:

As a working man I know very few working class who see any satire in the Labour Party being hijacked and made irrelevant by those masquerading as working class or champions of them without the first clue ,, Jarvis cocker had it right , laugh along with the common people ??

Why the tear reaction riot ? Labour have sacrificed the majority of working class votes for a little nibble at some of the middle class vote??‍♂️,anybody who can’t see that is living in dreamland 

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Your lack of self awareness is totally astounding. 

People, that I assume voted Brexit/Conservative, have attacked the Governments handling of this pandemic on a regularly basis, only to be met with resistance from posters like you.

I'm completely unaware how you have actually managed to back Government policy on so many occasions yet at the same time tell everyone what an awful job they are doing.

I actually think you have a mindset of arguing against a pre judged list of posters rather than any of the actual points that they make.