The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

My wife is doing a course that has been online this year, but they are going into the college from next week.

One lady preferred the course to carry on online though. She has refused the vaccine (some spurious "Christian" reason) but as she has asthma, she is a bit worried of catching Covid.

We have a topic on this forum for mental health which happily is treated with respect and understanding, people’s minds work differently and one mans spurious is another mans prison , how sad for the self proclaimed defenders of minorities and the vulnerable to lack the self awareness to see the contradiction in their words and treatment of others when suits,

my wife and both children suffer with ocd , wife really does not want the vaccine ( she has had covid ) , won’t go too deep but over the years we have had the kind of life experiences where if something can go wrong it bloody well has and to some real disastrous heartbreaking extent at times , blood clots are a very small chance side effect but to lots of people they are very real , who am I to tell her to have the vaccine ( had mine to play the game ) and who are you or anybody else to tell her or others to have it ?

the saddest part of all this is the divide it has caused in people and it’s only going to get worse , I put that down to the media and the government in equal measure 

Edited by Archied

3 hours ago, Archied said:

We have a topic on this forum for mental health which happily is treated with respect and understanding, people’s minds work differently and one mans spurious is another mans prison , how sad for the self proclaimed defenders of minorities and the vulnerable to lack the self awareness to see the contradiction in their words and treatment of others when suits,

my wife and both children suffer with ocd , wife really does not want the vaccine ( she has had covid ) , won’t go too deep but over the years we have had the kind of life experiences where if something can go wrong it bloody well has and to some real disastrous heartbreaking extent at times , blood clots are a very small chance side effect but to lots of people they are very real , who am I to tell her to have the vaccine ( had mine to play the game ) and who are you or anybody else to tell her or others to have it ?

the saddest part of all this is the divide it has caused in people and it’s only going to get worse , I put that down to the media and the government in equal measure 

You seem to (deliberately) missing the point of what I posted.

Would your wife ask people to stop living their life because she didn't want to take the vaccine? The whole group want to go back into the class, but this one person doesn't want them too because she won't take the vaccine. Surely we should all be living our lives as normal as you have said about 1000 times.

I think the saddest part is the 10s of 1000s of lives lost to Covid and the loss of livelihoods and businesses?

Millions of people have had the vaccine already. I don't know anyone who hasn't had it and loads who have. I don't think this great vaccine divide is as widespread as you believe.

I hope your family are all ok and can get back to normal asap. 

47 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You seem to (deliberately) missing the point of what I posted.

Would your wife ask people to stop living their life because she didn't want to take the vaccine? The whole group want to go back into the class, but this one person doesn't want them too because she won't take the vaccine. Surely we should all be living our lives as normal as you have said about 1000 times.

I think the saddest part is the 10s of 1000s of lives lost to Covid and the loss of livelihoods and businesses?

Millions of people have had the vaccine already. I don't know anyone who hasn't had it and loads who have. I don't think this great vaccine divide is as widespread as you believe.

I hope your family are all ok and can get back to normal asap. 

I’m not just talking about the vaccine when I talk about the divide,

interesting my wife was expected to put herself and her family in the firing line when their was no vaccine which she happily did as she cares for the children she looks after,

the numbers of people not wanting the vaccine for whatever reasons relevant to themselves is minuscule and certainly not enough to cause problems ,

im personally sick to death of the demonising of those people , drummed up by the gov and media

mask wearing is another area , the poor sod gets really bad anxiety after about 5 mins in one but by god the reaction you get from people if you take it off even with an exemption is disgusting 

Edited by Archied

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

the numbers of people not wanting the vaccine for whatever reasons relevant to themselves is minuscule and certainly not enough to cause problems ,

Is it? Isn't that one of the problems causing the 'Indian' variant outbreak clusters?

39 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Pissed that Portugal might move to amber. Can't plan a bloody thing at the moment. 

Isn't the big risk that one of your party gets a positive test before returning to the UK and is not allowed to travel for 10 days even if it is a green country or have I got this wrong?

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Isn't the big risk that one of your party gets a positive test before returning to the UK and is not allowed to travel for 10 days even if it is a green country or have I got this wrong?

The rules are confusing but in essence yes. Always a risk that someone tests positive and they won't be able to return.

Booked this 2 years ago for late July, nice villa on the Algarve, whole family going for my 60th. Flights booked separate, so might get buggered there with changing etc. Need to check. 

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The rules are confusing but in essence yes. Always a risk that someone tests positive and they won't be able to return.

Booked this 2 years ago for late July, nice villa on the Algarve, whole family going for my 60th. Flights booked separate, so might get buggered there with changing etc. Need to check. 

that would be a shame on a big birthday like that.  The 60th was always the pivotal birthday for me.  It wasn't so bad but when you think the next one is 70, duck me!

52 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But are any of these countries or the UK requiring you to take a test before you leave them in order to return home?

13 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But are any of these countries or the UK requiring you to take a test before you leave them in order to return home?

It is a UK rule for Green list countries

Before you leave for the UK

You’ll need to:

provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken in the 3 days before you leave for the UK

complete a passenger locator form

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Pissed that Portugal might move to amber. Can't plan a bloody thing at the moment. 

That sucks. Even when you account for the smaller population, their case rates are proportionally lower than ours.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That sucks. Even when you account for the smaller population, their case rates are proportionally lower than ours.

I doubt whether they would have done this if major elections were due

This doesn't sound much like a "holiday" to me, anyway...

Rules in Portugal, copied from BBC live feed thingy:

As we've been reporting, Portugal is expected to be moved from the green to the amber list from next week.

So what are the rules currently in place for those travelling - or living - there?

Face coverings must be worn in public, but aren't required while sunbathing or swimming.

Other measures include:

Restaurants/pavement cafes can seat six together indoors (10 outdoors) and must close at 22:30

Bars and nightclubs remain closed

Shops shut at 21:00 on weekdays and 19:00 at weekends

Beaches have one-way systems, sunshades and towels should be three metres apart

People are advised to check beach-occupancy levels and avoid "red" and "amber" ones

Golf courses, museums and art galleries are open

Public transport is limited to two-thirds capacity

There are fines of up to €100 (£86) if you breach regulations.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

This doesn't sound much like a "holiday" to me, anyway...

Rules in Portugal, copied from BBC live feed thingy:

As we've been reporting, Portugal is expected to be moved from the green to the amber list from next week.

So what are the rules currently in place for those travelling - or living - there?

Face coverings must be worn in public, but aren't required while sunbathing or swimming.

Other measures include:

Restaurants/pavement cafes can seat six together indoors (10 outdoors) and must close at 22:30

Bars and nightclubs remain closed

Shops shut at 21:00 on weekdays and 19:00 at weekends

Beaches have one-way systems, sunshades and towels should be three metres apart

People are advised to check beach-occupancy levels and avoid "red" and "amber" ones

Golf courses, museums and art galleries are open

Public transport is limited to two-thirds capacity

There are fines of up to €100 (£86) if you breach regulations.

Thought the same, was due to fly out on 16th, they were due to change a lot of these rules on 14th. 

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Hope you can all still go.

Difficult to understand why so strict on Portugal now but weren't with India when they were had a fast spreading variant.