The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Can we lay this Ivermectin nonsense spouted by the idiot 'Dr' John Campbell to rest finally? Or are we waiting on yet another trial which will no doubt reveal the same results as all the others?

Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of Covid-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of Covid-19.

Largest trial to date

4 hours ago, Archied said:

The well being of the nation is far more than just covid and a great deal of harm has been done across the board including needless deaths , illness and misery already with plenty stored up yet to come ,,, as Eddie says people struggle to see a doctor even now with covid in the vast vast majority little more than a cold or flu like virus,

but hey you stick with the covid is the be all and end all to the exclusion of everything else , after all covid deaths are the only ones that count ,im sure those losing loved ones to cancer and other non treated causes will be comforted by the fact it wasn’t covid that killed them and they lost they’re lives to save others from covid

You appear to be more obsessed with covid than most posters. Don't think I mentioned it in my last post. But you keep banging on about it, if it gives you wish.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can we lay this Ivermectin nonsense spouted by the idiot 'Dr' John Campbell to rest finally? Or are we waiting on yet another trial which will no doubt reveal the same results as all the others?

Largest trial to date

I pointed out similar a few days ago. It seems that some people are only interested in the results of trials that confirm their own theories.

38 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

You appear to be more obsessed with covid than most posters. Don't think I mentioned it in my last post. But you keep banging on about it, if it gives you wish.

Well I’m at a bit of a loss as to what you WERE referring to in terms of the government showing care for the well being of the country in reply to a post stating we were now paying back the cost of lockdowns and covid related spend , please enlighten me 

in terms of keep banging on , my post was a REPLY to Yours on the subject ,if banging on is replying to posts I don’t agree with then I will live with that rather than deny I was actually saying anything 

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

It’s a big debt, who will we pay it to?

The tax payers of this country to balance the books to ensure our fiat currency system does not collapse. 

Edited by cstand

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

So us taxpayers will get some money then?

Brilliant. I'll put it toward my gas and electric bill.

No The taxpayer has to pay extra to balance the books for irresponsible Government spending who have let our national debt spiral out of control plus pay extra for gas and electric. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

So we print more money. Which leads to inflation. People can't pay their bills. So we print more money. Are you Mel Morris in disguise? 

Have a read into it. Not just that link, have a mooch around t'web and see what you think then. If you've got your own currency debt is not an issue. Its such a basic principle that when you realise it you think it can't be right.......its too simple!

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Have a read into it. Not just that link, have a mooch around t'web and see what you think then. If you've got your own currency debt is not an issue. Its such a basic principle that when you realise it you think it can't be right.......its too simple!

Modern Monetary Theory which happens to have the same acronym as Magic Money Tree. It doesn't work unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Modern Monetary Theory which happens to have the same acronym as Magic Money Tree. It doesn't work unfortunately. 

It's becoming increasingly clear that the current system REALLY doesn't work

MMT only doesn't work when you have a corrupt government using it to funnel money in the wrong direction (to the already super rich) rather than using it to create an equal sustainable society

13 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's becoming increasingly clear that the current system REALLY doesn't work

MMT only doesn't work when you have a corrupt government using it to funnel money in the wrong direction (to the already super rich) rather than using it to create an equal sustainable society

Sadly it’s just in the main what we are as a species no matter what system, we have become wired to take more than we need 

On 02/04/2022 at 11:29, Eddie said:

Largest trial to date

There are a number of other large studies presently ongoing - due to give their findings in the coming months.  Perhaps you could contact them and ask them to stop?

Re. the link, good quality trials are all that we've ever asked for - either Ivermectin has some benefit, in which case it should be provided to those in need, or it doesn't in which we can put the argument to bed.  Calling it horse medicine, ridiculing people for hoping that a treatment with proven anti-viral properties may help in the fight against covid and calling people such as Dr John Campbell idiots is divisive and just pushes people further into their respective camps.

FWIW, whilst the paper linked has been peer reviewed, it is currently under analysis as questions have arisen.  Watch this space I guess...

On 02/04/2022 at 13:02, Stive Pesley said:

I pointed out similar a few days ago. It seems that some people are only interested in the results of trials that confirm their own theories.

Not at all, I just don't read this thread every day anymore.  As far as I am concerned life is pretty much back to normal and this has just devolved into the politics 2.0 thread and 'points scoring' with people less interested in helping others/getting to the truth.

Daughter tested positive 6, and again 3 days ago.

Amazed that neither me or Mrs Wolfie have caught it from her - despite obviously giving a poorly child extra cuddles etc in the couple of days when she felt rough.

I was convinced I'd be positive this morning, as my tastebuds deserted me yesterday but no, negative again, and am currently enjoying the flavour of sausage pasta for lunch.

Meanwhile my sister in law caught it just over a week ago and all of the family (my brother and their 2 kids) tested positive within 4 days.

Weird.