The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

Soup through a straw?

Glad to see there's more than one person who considers they know my thoughts better than me. Just need one more and they'll be able to form a thoughts committee. And offer this extraordinary skill of knowing peoples thoughts, to the whole forum.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Glad to see there's more than one person who considers they know my thoughts better than me. Just need one more and they'll be able to form a thoughts committee. And offer this extraordinary skill of knowing peoples thoughts, to the whole forum.

The soup through a straw was a joke regards eating with the mask on but hey ho , 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Still talking about masks are we? 

Anyway had 5 friends who I see regularly test positive recently mainly from going out to different things from last Wednesday to Saturday. All symptoms are mild (they are a fully vaccinated lot!) but just say it’s pretty rife just at the minute so be careful if you don’t wanna pick it up/miss days of work (for the self employed!)

There's more of it around in my work and social group currently, than at any time up to now. All relatively mild except for one 28 year old lad who got the enlarged heart complication & had a heart attack on the street. Thankfully he's now home & recovering.

I'm doing my best not to pick it up before going on holiday in a week's time.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Carry a handkerchief and sneeze or cough into that like our parents did.

Seems fairly sensible to me.

The problem will always be selfish people who decide to cough over everyone and not give a toss who they contaminate.

Is that parents who then take the same hanky, spit on it, and rub your face with it if you might have jam or chocolate on it? Possibly just mine.

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Haha, cured everything didn't it!

Only a couple of days ago, when I had a mild bit of toothache my mum insisted that 1) I first gargle with TCP - don't dilute it too much!! - and 2) then rub my gum with bicarb of soda. She asked me too if my gum was bleeding; no doubt she was going to suggest that I pop a leech in my mouth afterwards.

41 minutes ago, TimRam said:

+1

Germolene...whatever that was. The tin was always brought out for anything. Also Lucozade and Vicks Vapour rub.

Germolene was an antiseptic cream wasn’t it. I always imagine it was a bit more expensive because nothing ‘posh’ touched my skin before soap and water, Vim - yes I said Vim - Dettol and good old ‘cure all’ TCP.

Come on @Unlucky Alfand @Kathcairns  What was going on in the 50s by way of medicare. Feel free to share what your friends and acquaintances used too. This thread is dying on its arse now that Boris has cured Covid.

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Beans! Here was me waiting for you to show me, that you knew my thoughts better than me. Baked Beans, tried them once and never touched them again. 

So maybe you shouldn't be telling others you know why they are doing something, better than the person doing it.

Or will you just add beans to the list of things you think I'm telling lies about.

Not liking beans is added to the list. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Only a couple of days ago, when I had a mild bit of toothache my mum insisted that 1) I first gargle with TCP - don't dilute it too much!! - and 2) then rub my gum with bicarb of soda. She asked me too if my gum was bleeding; no doubt she was going to suggest that I pop a leech in my mouth afterwards.

You never admitted to and hid any signs of having earache with my mum ,, cod liver oil heated with a lighter on a spoon and poured into the offending hole ,, have you got earache ,, NO MUM

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Germolene was an antiseptic cream wasn’t it. I always imagine it was a bit more expensive because nothing ‘posh’ touched my skin before soap and water, Vim - yes I said Vim - Dettol and good old ‘cure all’ TCP.

Come on @Unlucky Alfand @Kathcairns  What was going on in the 50s by way of medicare. Feel free to share what your friends and acquaintances used too. This thread is dying on its arse now that Boris has cured Covid.

I shall endevour to do my best.

I have very fair skin, As a Child sunburn was the devils curse, I'd be covered in Calamine lotion, Turpintine to get rid of the Tar I used to roll into Tar balls on my hands or failing that Parrafin as back in the day it was coal fires or Parrafin heaters

For boils it was a poltice...ie bread and milk squeased then put onto the boil on your body then wrapped with a bandage to draw the poison out, Doc leaves to sooth nettle stings, Vic Rub...added to hot water in a bowl,Towell over the head and bowl and breathe. To get rid on that blocked nose and headache.

I had my own hospital bed...lol, As I was always climbing trees and falling out, Legs and arms would often be incased with plaster of paris.

On 23/03/2022 at 14:54, Archied said:

You never admitted to and hid any signs of having earache with my mum ,, cod liver oil heated with a lighter on a spoon and poured into the offending hole ,, have you got earache ,, NO MUM

We were obviously posher than you. Olive oil soaked into a cotton wool ball was our standard treatment. The cod liver oil was served up on a spoon every morning before school, otherwise I would be certain to get rickets, scurvy, a squint or fallen arches (or whatever Mum decided was de rigueur as far as childhood illnesses were concerned that day). On good days, it was followed by a swig of orange juice from the army clinic if I was lucky.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

We were obviously posher than you. Olive oil soaked into a cotton wool ball was our standard treatment. The cod liver oil was served up on a spoon every morning before school, otherwise I would be certain to get rickets, scurvy, a squint or fallen arches (or whatever Mum decided was de rigueur as far as childhood illnesses were concerned that day). On good days, it was followed by a swig of orange juice from the army clinic if I was lucky.

Sounds like my mother, only TCP was the panacea