The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Amazed people are complaining about the mask rules in bars and restaurants, when I believe the rules say "unless it is impractical to wear one, such as when eating and drinking".

Aren't these the same people complaining about not being allowed to use their own "common sense"? 

Common sense ? If you are a mask zealot even when they are not mandated claiming you are at risk from others and putting others at risk then you don’t drink in pubs unless you are bending your own standards to fit what you want ,, it really is that simple ,, as you know I’m happy for anyone to go in the pub and drink maskless if they enjoy that but don’t then moralise to anyone not wearing a mask in other indoor settings??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Common sense ? If you are a mask zealot even when they are not mandated claiming you are at risk from others and putting others at risk then you don’t drink in pubs unless you are bending your own standards to fit what you want ,, it really is that simple ,, as you know I’m happy for anyone to go in the pub and drink maskless if they enjoy that but don’t then moralise to anyone not wearing a mask in other indoor settings??‍♂️

Same but with underpants

39 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Same but with underpants

All this anti-mask stuff is nothing to do with whether it works or not it's all to do with political crap. Don't tell them what they have to do kinda poo. FFS people who won't wear a piece of cloth over their mouth and nose - even if it's 'just in case' - need to give their pathetic heads a wobble.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All this anti-mask stuff is nothing to do with whether it works or not it's all to do with political crap. Don't tell them what they have to do kinda poo. FFS people who won't wear a piece of cloth over their mouth and nose - even if it's 'just in case' - need to give their pathetic heads a wobble.

I don't understand people's obsession with what everyone else is doing, are you incapable of managing your own risk?

38 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope it more to do with hypocrites who’s own poo don’t smell and it’s very clear that starts way further down the chain than boris , 

57 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't understand people's obsession with what everyone else is doing, are you incapable of managing your own risk?

I think that many of us at the moment are trying hard to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe and healthy and we are trying not to spread the virus more than we can help. After all, none of us would deliberately walk into someone's house whilst suffering from a snorting cold. It's just bad manners and inconsiderate.

I think I manage my own risk as best I can as do many. I take lateral flow tests before I go over and see my mum who I care for. I wear a mask in crowded places, wash hands regularly, social distance and don't take any unecessary risks. However, when I go into the local co-op there are often teenagers around me, straight from school, not wearing masks and not socially distancing. I am trying my best to protect myself and my vulnerable family (lung cancer, cerebral palsy, asthma, old age) and I can't help but notice and be concerned about how the careless behaviour of others might impact on those I love and want to protect. The use of the word 'obsession' implies irrational behaviour which is far from true. Concern is probably more to the point. Also the word 'incapable' is loaded with judgement which I don't think you intended. We are all just trying to do our best to keep people from being ill and to keep death rates as low as we can whilst trying to live as normally as we can. 

Please don't take this as an antagonistic post, it's really not. ? Just my take on things.

Edited by Miggins

58 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Short of a two metre pole to whirl around my head, it's difficult to see how I can prevent others from invading my space. you made the same argument over a year ago and your answer was "Move away from them". That's not easy to do in a supermarket checkout queue.

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Short of a two metre pole to whirl around my head, it's difficult to see how I can prevent others from invading my space. you made the same argument over a year ago and your answer was "Move away from them". That's not easy to do in a supermarket checkout queue.

But you've got your mask on and are stood next to them for literally a few minutes at most I'm guessing.

Unless they are literally coughing in your face, I'm guessing they are not much risk.

I am still in the 4kit and see what happens camp.

I am triple vax’d. Will wear mask where it seems appropriate, work from home currently… but…

If we (rules) go any further I’m f’ing out…The piss your pants Welsh government are really pissing me off for some reason.. Corona and different flavours of it are here to stay, we need to set up to deal with it 4cough with any more restrictions.

PS. Antivaxers should pay for Corona treatment, not with my tax $.

That’s it…

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I am still in the 4kit and see what happens camp.

I am triple vax’d. Will wear mask where it seems appropriate, work from home currently… but…

If we (rules) go any further I’m f’ing out…The piss your pants Welsh government are really pissing me off for some reason.. Corona and different flavours of it are here to stay, we need to set up to deal with it 4cough with any more restrictions.

That’s it…

What about if the anti vaxxers have also contributed tax/nic towards the system?

Isnt that what the NHS is there for?

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Cry some more Roy. I'm so close to changing my mind.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

But you've got your mask on and are stood next to them for literally a few minutes at most I'm guessing.

Unless they are literally coughing in your face, I'm guessing they are not much risk.

The idea of masks is to reduce the outward emission of droplets. There have been many studies that have proved that they are extremely efficient at doing this - in other words, if an infected person is wearing a mask, the viral load that is ejected from their lungs is greatly reduced by the mask. It's no longer even a matter for debate (unless you are a complete idiot like Christopher Foley - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, Caleb Wallace - anti-masker, now dead of Covid-19, or Piers Corbyn - anti-masker ... we can but hope).

You are fully aware of this, I am sure, so I must conclude that you have reverted back to trolling again, knowing full well that I would bite in the face of such a ridiculous statement.

I really value your opinions in other threads where you have much to contribute, but in this instance, you are spreading dangerous misinformation just for poops and giggles.

3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Isn't one of the most expensive costs for the NHS diabetes treatment? Isn't that often caused by obesity? Should they be expected to pay for their treatment too? 

Even if antivaxxers are a bit silly, it's a dangerous precedent to set.

6 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If there’s an opt out I’ll happily take a reimbursement for all the years I haven’t used the services I’ve contributed towards. 

Yep me too , go in any A and E on a weekend and see my taxes and ni contributions being used up by drinkers, 

how many calling for non vaxxed to pay for any treatment drink more than the healthy recommended units of alcohol ? Won’t be many sticking they’re hands up to that I bet