The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Just a thought.. Anyone suggested yet the idea that the unvaccinated (adults) should shield until the Omicron burns it’s way out..

Discuss, throw knives.. etc

I'm betting on Darwin having the last laugh.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Every shop that I go in has perspex screens up and the staff wearing masks. Admittedly I don't do much shopping. 

I thought 'the science' said that you're only likely to catch the virus if you're in close contact with people for 15 minutes or more?

I'll try and find a link or, failing that, admit I've just made that up ?

I think you are right.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm double jabbed and would be extremely uncomfortable with that suggestion personally.

I'm responsible for my own health and my own actions.

I wouldn't want anyone's lives to be impeded to keep me safe from a virus that I am highly unlikely to have any serious illness from.

Tend do agree with you, but I do want the NHS to be there for me if I fall off the roof in my Santa Outfit ?

9 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Tend do agree with you, but I do want the NHS to be there for me if I fall off the roof in my Santa Outfit ?

And why wouldn't it be?

Is there anything out there to suggest that the NHS is going to b3 overhelmed again?

From what I can see, there are roughly 7400 people in hospital with Covid.

If previous data is anything to go on, around 25% of them will be in hospital for something else, so 1850.

That means 5600 admitted to hospital with Covid.

If the NHS cannot cope with that then we really are in trouble.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And why wouldn't it be?

Is there anything out there to suggest that the NHS is going to b3 overhelmed again?

From what I can see, there are roughly 7400 people in hospital with Covid.

If previous data is anything to go on, around 25% of them will be in hospital for something else, so 1850.

That means 5600 admitted to hospital with Covid.

If the NHS cannot cope with that then we really are in trouble.

Yes. But what about my Santa joke. I want a laugh imoji..

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

Does anyone else read Dr  Hammond's MD page in Private Eye? If not, I can highly recommend it. I can't see any political slant there, just the pandemic as seen from the point of view of a doctor. So much common sense and compassion. I wish I could post a link, but I don't think it's possible without infringing copyrights.

I tried quoting bits, but the covid denier most vocal in here laughed at it. Which is weird as he's definitely not in the lockdown=good camp. 

A Kent variant, an Indian variant and a South African variant walk into a bar and ask for 4 pints of beer.

Barman says don't you mean 3?

No they replied, they'll be another one along in a minute

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

A Kent variant, an Indian variant and a South African variant walk into a bar and ask for 4 pints of beer.

Barman says don't you mean 3?

No they replied, they'll be another one along in a minute

Hope they were wearing masks and also ordered food with their drinks?

3 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

People forget the NHS has been overwhelmed nearly every winter  before the pandemic. 

Winter is such a busy time for hospital admissions and COVID admissions just makes it worse. I would hate to go back 12 months to where cancer patients etc had their treatment delayed because of the pressure on the NHS. I hope it won't come to that but until we know more we need to be cautious whilst still getting on with our lives and keeping the economy going. It's something we have to deal with for a long time yet. There is no reason to live in fear but there is every reason for everyone to try to limit the spread of this virus which has affected so many youngsters in lost education, killed so many, damaged the economy and left many debilitated with long term illness.

Edited by Miggins

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

It really is though.

There are many people who have no choice but to come into contact with the public everyday. Usually low-paid workers who can't choose to keep 2 metres away or work from home. People working in shops, bars, public transport. The only choice they have is to be close to non-mask wearers or have no household income.

Those who "do not wish to wear a mask" should try looking at the world through other's eyes for a while and work on their sense of compassion and empathy.

Gonna let you into a secret ,, the people you speak of are the ones mostly not wearing masks or wanting them worn , they’ve been out in it for two years , I know because I’m one of them and mix with lots of them, we are the ones who’ve had to get on with it and are fine to do so and just want to be left to get on with our lives 

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

You know how this works now, we need to give it two weeks, we’ll know for sure then. However if still have two weeks the cases are high but hospitalisations and deaths are low, then we’ll lockdown just in case. We’ll need to lockdown for two weeks of course, then after that two weeks if hospitalisations and deaths are still low then hey presto lockdown works. 

Two weeks is the new 48 hours