The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

27 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know I'm only talking to the half of people in this thread that believe in science and that accept there are people more knowledgable than they are.

But the irony is, that if all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers hadn't been anti-mask and anti-vaxx they wouldn't be whining about having to wear a mask now because there would be no need.

The new variant is here in this country, in large part, because of people who refused to wear masks and have the vaccine.

Dr. Fauci said as soon as the vaccine came out that if we cannot get at least 80%, preferably 90% of people to get vaccinated then it would just mutate.

No doubt that was all part of the great conspiracy.

And yes, I recognise that if they'd not been whining then they wouldn't be whining now, but you get my gist.

Just a question what about those who have been double jabbed and worn a mask when required, who are now whining about having to do it again as they were told once you have the untested vaccine pumped in you everything will go back to normal? 

My assumption is the noisy minority (again) backed by a Covid obsessed MSM have put the government in such a position that they have to do something, even if that something makes no sense. 

No conspiracy just a lot of folk have had enough of this mass hysteria and complete over reaction again. 

Edited by TexasRam

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Just a question what about those who have been double jabbed and worn a mask when required, who are now whining about having to do it again as they were told once you have the untested vaccine pumped in you everything will go back to normal? 

My assumption is the noisy minority (again) backed by a Covid obsessed MSM have put the government in such a position that they have to do something, even if that something makes no sense. 

No conspiracy just a lot of folk have had enough of this mass hysteria and complete over reaction again. 

Untested? I was not aware of this. I can't believe they haven't tested it.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ok fair enough not verified in the usual timescale

46 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know I'm only talking to the half of people in this thread that believe in science and that accept there are people more knowledgable than they are.

But the irony is, that if all the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers hadn't been anti-mask and anti-vaxx they wouldn't be whining about having to wear a mask now because there would be no need.

The new variant is here in this country, in large part, because of people who refused to wear masks and have the vaccine.

Dr. Fauci said as soon as the vaccine came out that if we cannot get at least 80%, preferably 90% of people to get vaccinated then it would just mutate.

No doubt that was all part of the great conspiracy.

And yes, I recognise that if they'd not been whining then they wouldn't be whining now, but you get my gist.

This looks purely like bait, but hey, I'm hungry.

So there's just one scientific viewpoint now? 

Where is the science to back up the scapegoating of unnvaccinated people? Some scientists were warning that a mass vaccination programme in the middle of a pandemic would drive mutations and outlined their reasoning. Not saying they are right, but Fauci does not speak for all scientists.

Some totalitarianism thinking going on for sure.  

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They did but apparently the British medical journal published grave concerns about data jiggery pokery for the testing, but hey ho we are following THE science ???,,,, always always always follow the money , the truth invariably lies there

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Ok fair enough not verified in the usual timescale

The usual timescale (in the earlier part of my life, I worked in pharmaceutical research and development for 3M)...

• Discovery/research phase (trying to produce an immune response in the lab at molecular level): 2-5 years
  • Pre-clinical trial phase (animal testing to assess potential benefits, safety and suitability for use in humans): 2 years
  • Clinical development
    • Phase 1 (safety testing on 10-50 healthy people): 2 years
    • Phase 2 (immune response, safety and dosage trials, hundreds of people in double-blind trials): 2-3 years
    • Phase 3 (protection and immune response studies, thousands of people in double-blind trials): 5-7 years
  • Regulatory approval: 1-2 years

So that's between 14 and 21 years from start to finish.

In 'the usual timescale', we would be rolling out the Covid-19 vaccine some time around 2035.

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

They did but apparently the British medical journal published grave concerns about data jiggery pokery for the testing, but hey ho we are following THE science ???,,,, always always always follow the money , the truth invariably lies there

Science...

Fibonacci numbers

Not science...

Fibbing @Archied numbers

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The usual timescale (in the earlier part of my life, I worked in pharmaceutical research and development for 3M)...

• Discovery/research phase (trying to produce an immune response in the lab at molecular level): 2-5 years
  • Pre-clinical trial phase (animal testing to assess potential benefits, safety and suitability for use in humans): 2 years
  • Clinical development
    • Phase 2 (immune response, safety and dosage trials, hundreds of people in double-blind trials): 2-3 years
    • Phase 3 (protection and immune response studies, thousands of people in double-blind trials): 5-7 years

In 'the usual timescale', we would be rolling out the Covid-19 vaccine some time around 2035.

Wow makes you wonder why so long to make sure something is safe before pumping it on mass into people

19 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

This looks purely like bait, but hey, I'm hungry.

So there's just one scientific viewpoint now? 

Where is the science to back up the scapegoating of unnvaccinated people? Some scientists were warning that a mass vaccination programme in the middle of a pandemic would drive mutations and outlined their reasoning. Not saying they are right, but Fauci does not speak for all scientists.

Some totalitarianism thinking going on for sure.  

Unfortunately that is how pig headed some people are.

There is only one way and that is the one that they believe to be true.

Agree with it or be called an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist.

Sad times. 

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

I posted the following yesterday but the thread has moved on so quickly its probably worth posting again...

..and you didn't even bring up whistle blowers questioning the data integrity of Pfizers vaccine trial (BMJ article and several Project Veritas videos) nor the fact that despite approving the Pfizer vaccine in just 108 days the FDA want to wait until 2076 to release documents regarding its approval.  

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

IMHO if you are going to mandate a vaccine - either by law or by preventing people from living their lives/working etc then you have to be as open and transparent as possible.  Giving drug companies immunity from patient side-effects whilst they make billions and not addressing valid concerns only makes those hesitant getting the vaccine dig their heels in. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I posted the following yesterday but the thread has moved on so quickly its probably worth posting again...

..and you didn't even bring up whistle blowers questioning the data integrity of Pfizers vaccine trial (BMJ article and several Project Veritas videos) nor the fact that despite approving the Pfizer vaccine in just 108 days the FDA want to wait until 2076 to release documents regarding its approval.  

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/wait-what-fda-wants-55-years-process-foia-request-over-vaccine-data-2021-11-18/

IMHO if you are going to mandate a vaccine - either by law or by preventing people from living their lives/working etc then you have to be as open and transparent as possible.  Giving drug companies immunity from patient side-effects whilst they make billions and not addressing valid concerns only makes those hesitant getting the vaccine dig their heels in. 

Yet Astra zenica not approved in USA , slow slow quick quick slow ,,,,, always follow the money 

Edited by Archied

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

• Clinical development

Exactly and completely understand why and am please we did it. However my point still stands, those who have been double jabbed did so taking a risk, but took that risk as they wanted an end to this craziness. Now it looks like that risk was pretty much a waste of time, as the craziness is back, and I can only see it getting worse including waste of time lockdowns.