The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Apparently so, new law introduced at the start of the month.

If you choose not to have the vaccine, your wages can be stopped while fulfilling the mandatory isolation period.

So, your not ill, test negative for the virus yet lose your wages?

How can this happen? WTF is going on here? Does everyone think this is normal?

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

So, your not ill, test negative for the virus yet lose your wages?

How can this happen? WTF is going on here? Does everyone think this is normal?

I'm only going off what I've read on a sports website.

I'd imagine it's yet another incentive to get jabbed, which seems to be more of a problem elsewhere than here.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm only going off what I've read on a sports website.

I'd imagine it's yet another incentive to get jabbed, which seems to be more of a problem elsewhere than here.

Not really an incentive, rather forced vaccination if your not rich , to even begin to justify such laws the vaccine has to stop people catching and spreading the virus , then perhaps the conversation is different ??‍♂️

11 hours ago, Rev said:

We will all get it eventually, so I guess it's just a statement of fact.

Bayern Munich had 5 unvaccinated players miss their game at the weekend, after close contact with a club official who had the virus.

All 5 are to have their wages docked for the 10 day isolation period, as German law allows.

Meanwhile, Werder Bremen have sacked their manager and assistant, after they produced a forged vaccination document that allegedly showed them being jabbed in Germany while abroad on a training camp! 

Schoolboy error.

Not quite a statement of fact. We won’t all have had it by the end of this winter which is the stark warning in the message.

10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10233341/Musician-40-suffered-brain-haemorrhage-induced-AstraZeneca-Covid-vaccine-inquest-hears.html#comments

This is why some people are hesitant about having this vaccine and it’s why it can never be made mandatory IMO.

Do you also want to put links up to the people who have died of covid, or suffered serious health problems or developed Long covid?

22 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So what are you saying? That the risks of taking a vaccine most don’t need, aren’t allowed to be highlighted because people have died of Covid? 

How do you know if you need the vaccine or not?

When they plug you into a ventilator? Nobody is claiming the vaccine (any vaccine or medication) is without risk

Edited by Wolfie

29 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

So what are you saying? That the risks of taking a vaccine most don’t need, aren’t allowed to be highlighted because people have died of Covid? 

Where is the proof for that? Most people can catch covid. Oh and there's lots of other vaccinations, examples in life where this happens.

Edited by RoyMac5

57 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10233341/Musician-40-suffered-brain-haemorrhage-induced-AstraZeneca-Covid-vaccine-inquest-hears.html#comments

This is why some people are hesitant about having this vaccine and it’s why it can never be made mandatory IMO.

I don't want vaccines ever to be mandatory. I am past caring whether anti-vaxxers get the disease or not - just that they take precautions to minimise the chances of passing it on to others. 

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

How do you know if you need the vaccine or not?

When they plug you into a ventilator? Nobody is claiming the vaccine (any vaccine or medication) is without risk

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where is the proof for that? Most people can catch covid. Oh and there's lots of other vaccinations, examples in life where this happens.

Remember when we lived in a world without a Covid vaccine? More than 99% of people who contracted the virus, survived it. 

I think we all know medicine and vaccines carry risk that’s why they’re optional and not mandatory. 

17 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Remember when we lived in a world without a Covid vaccine? More than 99% of people who contracted the virus, survived it. 

Really not sure this is true mate. Few countries have kept the Covid fatality rate close to the figure you are quoting and a significant number are closer to 3% then <1%. Those at the lower end of the scale by and large enforced highly stringent lockdowns and social distancing policies along with more obvious measures such as the mandatory use of facemasks. Even then, the human cost of such policies still remains unqualified, so it can be plausibly argued that Covid can kill actively or proactively. 

I read a study released by the BMJ last month which summarises and compares flu fatality rates to those of Covid - they summarise as follows:

In the UK the Health Foundation has articulated the difference in impact between flu and covid in terms of life years. “In a bad flu year on average around 30 000 people in the UK die from flu and pneumonia, with a loss of around 250 000 life years. This is a sixth of the life years lost to covid-19,” it noted.

Said study with a full list of citations can be found here: https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2514 for those who care to read it.

8 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Really not sure this is true mate. Few countries have kept the Covid fatality rate close to the figure you are quoting and a significant number are closer to 3% then <1%. Those at the lower end of the scale by and large enforced highly stringent lockdowns and social distancing policies along with more obvious measures such as the mandatory use of facemasks. Even then, the human cost of such policies still remains unqualified, so it can be plausibly argued that Covid can kill actively or proactively. 

I read a study released by the BMJ last month which summarises and compares flu fatality rates to those of Covid - they summarise as follows:

In the UK the Health Foundation has articulated the difference in impact between flu and covid in terms of life years. “In a bad flu year on average around 30 000 people in the UK die from flu and pneumonia, with a loss of around 250 000 life years. This is a sixth of the life years lost to covid-19,” it noted.

Said study with a full list of citations can be found here: https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2514 for those who care to read it.

Yeah you’re probably right going by the official figures, did a bit of digging and the survival rate in the UK during 2020 (pre vaccine) was just under 97%. Although I would argue that the total number of infections for that year is impossible to know. Simply because A. Testing wasn’t as readily as available like it is now, I didn’t actually do my first LFT until July of this year. B. According the the governments own adverts at the time 1/3 of people who carry this virus show no symptoms what so ever, so there’s no way every case was recorded. Those 2 reasons alone will no doubt push the survival rate quite a bit higher.

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

I don't want vaccines ever to be mandatory. I am past caring whether anti-vaxxers get the disease or not - just that they take precautions to minimise the chances of passing it on to others. 

If a vaccine comes along that stops people catching and spreading covid we have a very different conversation but even then it’s quite a tricky one loaded with problems of how it’s enforced , personally I think the numbers involved of those who would not take it should and would be so small as to not be an issue 

I’ve had two jabs but don’t want boosters every twelve weeks for various reasons , if a vaccine came along that STOPPED you catching and spreading the virus I can’t see me not taking it even if I felt I would personally rather risk covid than the jab??‍♂️

Edited by Archied

4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yeah you’re probably right going by the official figures, did a bit of digging and the survival rate in the UK during 2020 (pre vaccine) was just under 97%. Although I would argue that the total number of infections for that year is impossible to know. Simply because A. Testing wasn’t as readily as available like it is now, I didn’t actually do my first LFT until July of this year. B. According the the governments own adverts at the time 1/3 of people who carry this virus show no symptoms what so ever, so there’s no way every case was recorded. Those 2 reasons alone will no doubt push the survival rate quite a bit higher.

Fair points, fairly made mate. Hopefully the country enjoys a proper festive period unscathed or as close to as possible. Still a lot of folk catching the virus, but the fatality rate seems to have flattened out so there are reasons to be relatively cheerful! 

7 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Would be interesting to know how many people in uk have tested positive since the start of COVID and a sensible estimate of how many have had it