The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

On 20/11/2021 at 23:10, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m not saying I’m immortal but I’ve never had the flu, not had COVID either. None of my family have either. Is the worst to come?

Last had 'flu about 10 years ago, and only time since I was very young.

At one point I felt so ill, I'd have been quite happy to go to sleep never to have woken again.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

Last had 'flu about 10 years ago, and only time since I was very young.

At one point I felt so ill, I'd have been quite happy to go to sleep never to have woken again.

Only had proper 'flu' back in 99.  Still a young fella in my 20's and very fit.  Didn't even have the leg power to climb the stairs. Then got a throat abscess a month after as my immune system was shagged.  Knocked me out for 2 weeks.  Closest thing I've had to compare was gastroenteritis about 8 years ago.

On 20/11/2021 at 08:21, TexasRam said:

I think rather than segregate society on the vaccinated/unvaccinated principle we should segregate on those who want to live in their Covid paranoid hermit kingdoms and those who just want to get on with their lives. The former can all move to Austria. 

I know you're being rhetorical, but it's an interesting point.

In this imaginary world where everyone vaccinated was sent to live in a country where there were no unvaccinated people - and all those who didn't want the vaccine and had zero interest in respecting any safety measures (social distancing, hand washing, masks etc), but got to live in "freedom" - where would you choose to live?

43 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

I know you're being rhetorical, but it's an interesting point.

In this imaginary world where everyone vaccinated was sent to live in a country where there were no unvaccinated people - and all those who didn't want the vaccine and had zero interest in respecting any safety measures (social distancing, hand washing, masks etc), but got to live in "freedom" - where would you choose to live?

The Vaccinated one, but only if it was a country that ignored the social distancing and masks etc and went about life as normal eg pre 2020. (I didn’t include washing hands as that’s just normal behaviour isn’t it?)

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

The Vaccinated one, but only if it was a country that ignored the social distancing and masks etc and went about life as normal eg pre 2020. (I didn’t include washing hands as that’s just normal behaviour isn’t it?)

So the UK then. The vast majority are now vaccinated, and most people now seem to be ignoring mask-wearing and social distancing.

33 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So the UK then. The vast majority are now vaccinated, and most people now seem to be ignoring mask-wearing and social distancing.

Yeah guess so, forgot to add though the country would also need no one to keep banging on about the need for all The restrictions to continue (that’s not the UK) 

6 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The Vaccinated one, but only if it was a country that ignored the social distancing and masks etc and went about life as normal eg pre 2020

I guess the Austrian government think that these steps they are taking is so that they can end up in that position?

Actually I don't know anything about the Austrian government, but it's not like anyone from Austria ever imposed a horrendous brutal  authoritarian regime across Europe before is it? Arf!

Interesting the German Health Minister saying today "By the end of this winter everyone in Germany will either be vaccinated, recovered or dead”. Rhetoric to get more people jabbed, or just stark recognition that this virus is something we all have to accept will be with us for many years to come.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Interesting the German Health Minister saying today "By the end of this winter everyone in Germany will either be vaccinated, recovered or dead”. Rhetoric to get more people jabbed, or just stark recognition that this virus is something we all have to accept will be with us for many years to come.

We will all get it eventually, so I guess it's just a statement of fact.

Bayern Munich had 5 unvaccinated players miss their game at the weekend, after close contact with a club official who had the virus.

All 5 are to have their wages docked for the 10 day isolation period, as German law allows.

Meanwhile, Werder Bremen have sacked their manager and assistant, after they produced a forged vaccination document that allegedly showed them being jabbed in Germany while abroad on a training camp! 

Schoolboy error.

11 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Not sure but the others should be sent to Nottingham 

Edited by Grumpy Git

43 minutes ago, Rev said:

We will all get it eventually, so I guess it's just a statement of fact.

Bayern Munich had 5 unvaccinated players miss their game at the weekend, after close contact with a club official who had the virus.

All 5 are to have their wages docked for the 10 day isolation period, as German law allows.

Meanwhile, Werder Bremen have sacked their manager and assistant, after they produced a forged vaccination document that allegedly showed them being jabbed in Germany while abroad on a training camp! 

Schoolboy error.

Football ain't famous for all the geniuses in the game, is it? 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Football ain't famous for all the geniuses in the game, is it? 

Managers - They were asked to give their status earlier in the year, as part of the Covid protocols. They said they weren't vaccinated.

When asked the same question 3 months later, they produced a document contradicting their previous answer, with a vaccination date that wasn't possible, and with a false batch number to boot.

Players - most apparently have had a change of heart, and are now using the 10 day isolation to have the jab. All to do with taking some expert advice, and not at all to do with lost wages.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Even if they haven't got it?

8 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Even if they haven't got it?

Apparently so, new law introduced at the start of the month.

If you choose not to have the vaccine, your wages can be stopped while fulfilling the mandatory isolation period.