The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's disappointing that you have felt the need to ridicule those that disagree with your point of view. 

I am not ridiculing them any more than they demonise those who do not believe for one moment that a piece of paper does a thing as proved by areas choosing to drop masks compared with those keeping mandates ,,, I actually feel very sad for those so scared into wearing them even now

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Stigmatised???  There has been plenty of that ,,, even now people with death certificates stating vaccine death and in receipt of pay outs from the government are labelled as spreading mis information and thrown off Twitter and Facebook , shunned by the main stream media 

could you imagine being unlucky enough to have a loved one die from covid vaccines and then be ostracised, yes it’s not vast numbers but these people deserve to be treated with decency and respect given many took a vaccine because they were told it was the right thing to do for others and a conversation needs to be had 

Er .. so we should rely on what it says on death certificate then after all? I am glad we got that one sorted.  

25 minutes ago, Archied said:

I am not ridiculing them any more than they demonise those who do not believe for one moment that a piece of paper does a thing as proved by areas choosing to drop masks compared with those keeping mandates ,,, I actually feel very sad for those so scared into wearing them even now

Well it seems to me you are ridiculing but justifying it by implying two wrongs make a right.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Er .. so we should rely on what it says on death certificate then after all? I am glad we got that one sorted.  

Depends on criteria for filling out death certificate which is something you should welcome as death from any cause within 28 days of vaccine would blow you out the water but hey it s not really about being honest is it

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Well it seems to me you are ridiculing but justifying it by implying two wrongs make a right.

your welcome to judge how it seems to you but if poster wants to be sarky about my view on masks as Eddie was then I reserve the right to play the same game , 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Why dress up the plain truth , 

Politics 101

If you dress up lies prettily enough, they can pass as the truth - just long enough until they have served their purpose. Eventually, it unravels - and then you need more lies.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Sensible people realise that wearing a mask prevents that person from passing on most of the droplets, and hence reduce the viral load.

I'm not scared into wearing a mask when I'm on a bus, in a crowded shop or walking through the hospital - I realise that it's not for my benefit. I'm just applying a lack of selfish stupidity.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Depends on criteria for filling out death certificate which is something you should welcome as death from any cause within 28 days of vaccine would blow you out the water but hey it s not really about being honest is it

You may need lessons on what goes on death certificates , and in what order. COVID may be mentioned on a death certificate (whether it was acquired within 28 days or not). It may not be cited as main cause death though , doctors will be able to use their judgement. 

58 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You may need lessons on what goes on death certificates , and in what order. COVID may be mentioned on a death certificate (whether it was acquired within 28 days or not). It may not be cited as main cause death though , doctors will be able to use their judgement. 

Sorry , can’t reply??‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2022 at 17:30, maxjam said:

And talking of the truth, I had this email a few days ago from a petition I signed...

Dear maxjam,

Parliament is going to debate the petition you signed – “Open a Public Inquiry into Covid-19 Vaccine Safety”.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/602171

The debate is scheduled for 24 October 2022.

Once the debate has happened, we’ll email you a video and transcript.

Thanks,
The Petitions team
UK Government and Parliament

Dunno why I bother;

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-inquiry-focusing-solely-on-safety-of-vaccines-will-not-be-opened-govt-says-12729605

We've seen 25k excess deaths since May (after you remove all covid deaths) but no one seems to care.

Seemingly healthy people across all age groups are dying at elevated numbers but as the Welsh First Minister also said, 'the world has moved on' - no public inquiry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-63141962

I'm not saying its down to the vaccine, I'm not saying its down to lockdown, I'm not saying its down to the NHS collapsing because no bugger knows, but you'd think the families of the 25k dead would like an answer and we could learn from any mistakes that may have happened and prevent them in the future. 

But no... nothing to see here...

Edited by maxjam

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Dunno why I bother;

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-inquiry-focusing-solely-on-safety-of-vaccines-will-not-be-opened-govt-says-12729605

We've seen 25k excess deaths since May (after you remove all covid deaths) but no one seems to care.

Seemingly healthy people across all age groups are dying at elevated numbers but as the Welsh First Minister also said, 'the world has moved on' - no public inquiry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-63141962

I'm not saying its down to the vaccine, I'm not saying its down to lockdown, I'm not saying its down to the NHS collapsing because no bugger knows, but you'd think the families of the 25k dead would like an answer and we could learn from any mistakes that may have happened and prevent them in the future. 

But no... nothing to see here...

Well first of all we haven't had 25k excess deaths since May excluding COVID.. more like half that.. 3k attributed to the hot summer and the rest I believe mostly to NHS collapsing.  So save yourself an enquiry... except into how we save the NHS. 

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well first of all we haven't had 25k excess deaths since May excluding COVID.. more like half that.. 3k attributed to the hot summer and the rest I believe mostly to NHS collapsing.  So save yourself an enquiry... except into how we save the NHS. 

I wouldn't be shocked if the energy crisis hasn't contributed to the numbers too. If some people can't afford to heat their home, and some people are vulnerable and a cold environment would be detrimental to their health, inevitably there will be a subset of both types of people. 

FWIW non-covid excess deaths are up all around the world - from USA to Australia.

In the UK the summer heat may have played a factor a few months ago, as might the cold now.  Maybe there are justified reasons all around the world.  Maybe theres not.  Significant numbers of people of all ages are dying beyond the norm though - this after a pandemic that wiped out a lot of the elderly and vulnerable, but no one seems to be interested in finding out why.

43 minutes ago, maxjam said:

FWIW non-covid excess deaths are up all around the world - from USA to Australia.

In the UK the summer heat may have played a factor a few months ago, as might the cold now.  Maybe there are justified reasons all around the world.  Maybe theres not.  Significant numbers of people of all ages are dying beyond the norm though - this after a pandemic that wiped out a lot of the elderly and vulnerable, but no one seems to be interested in finding out why.

It will be investigated in due course (an article in the BMJ on 21/09/22 raised this very issue), just not at an expensive public inquiry because the figures, whilst tragic and notable, aren't as dramatic as you suggest.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

So circa 10k deaths due to the NHS collapsing? Is there a source for this please?

Also what was the number of deaths recorded as Covid during the pandemic that were also due to the NHS collapsing? 

The technology used to develop the covid vaccine, apparently came from the company that were looking at this technology in the hope of producing a vaccine to combat cancer.

The company have now announced, that they believe a cancer vaccine will be available by 2030.

39 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The technology used to develop the covid vaccine, apparently came from the company that were looking at this technology in the hope of producing a vaccine to combat cancer.

The company have now announced, that they believe a cancer vaccine will be available by 2030.

...but it wont stop you catching cancer or won't stop you dying from it they probably forgot to mention...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

So circa 10k deaths due to the NHS collapsing? Is there a source for this please?

Also what was the number of deaths recorded as Covid during the pandemic that were also due to the NHS collapsing? 

You only have to read the papers every day to see some horror story of ambulance waits. Oh and EMAS voting on whether to go on strike.  

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

You only have to read the papers every day to see some horror story of ambulance waits. Oh and EMAS voting on whether to go on strike.  

Sorry, I don't read the newspapers.

So was there any facts backing up the claim that nearly 10k deaths are due to the NHS collapsing or was it just a flippant comment, genuinely interested, not being facetious.