The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

11 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I read what you wrote. 

18% unvaccinated also only represent 9% of omicron cases, he hasn't highlighted that fact either. 

Neither did he highlight the boosted are 3-4x as likely to get omicron than previous variants of covid.

In a tweet of limited characters he simply stated that 91% of omicron was in the vaccinated, posted the official chart and linked to the study.  More than enough imo, but what do I know I'm not an award winning data analyst that amongst other roles used to work as Head of Health data for the ONS...

EDIT:

He hasn't given produced the chart to show anything, he copied the chart from the official Danish report - which was how they chose to show omicron infection rates across their society.

Ah a tweet of limited characters.. that's a good excuse. Still found room for "Time for new plan" slogan. This from a guy who only deals in "facts". Pure claptrap and pandering to the right wing media.   

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Ah a tweet of limited characters.. that's a good excuse. Still found room for "Time for new plan" slogan. This from a guy who only deals in "facts". Pure claptrap and pandering to the right wing media.   

I think its more to do with the fact that he is Welsh and the draconian restrictions they had imposed on them before Christmas - as he has mentioned in other comments.  The tweet simply points out that 90%+ of all omicron cases are in the vaccinated rather than focussing on which vaccinated (or unvaccinated) group is fairing better - hence 'time for a new plan'.

But keep pushing your narrative with the hyperbolic language, its probably working on someone.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The key statistic with respect to the number of recorded Covid deaths has always been its proximity to the figures for excess deaths in comparison to the average over previous years. Now, almost two years in, the excess deaths are within 1% of the 'official' Covid deaths and consistently refuse to waver.

If it's not Covid-19, as some will argue, that has killed 150,000 more people in the last two years over and above the 'expected' mortality figures, then it's something else, something completely unknown - and that's a far scarier prospect.

Still waiting for an answer.

I guess that's the trouble with irrefutable truth - it's irrefutable.

Apparently 10% of the population suffer from Trypanophia which is the fear of needles.

This could be a major factor in why many people are against vaccines.

I overheard a conversation my wife was having with her friend who was afraid of needles trying to reassure  her everything would be fine.

She said, it’s just a little p—-k through the skin you will hardly feel it and it be all over in seconds.

Just like my like Saturday nights for the last 30 years.

Marriage guidance  booked for next week.☹️

Edited by cstand
Spelling

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is the sort of thing we would all like to know.

Do you think the data is not available or is there a reason for not disclosing it.

Not sure how you would prove who is spreading the virus but the huge numbers coming from general society dont appear to point to it being just the unvaccinated spreading it does it?

I doubt there is reliable data being tracked unfortunately. I highly doubt that all these questions are known, but the truth is actually been hidden. Although Johnson got into power by repeatedly lying so wouldn't but it past him. I don't think the experts are liars though...they would quickly reveal the truth if is was been hidden.

Clearly it's not just the unvaccinated spreading Covid. But assuming the unvaccinated are more likely to end up in hospital (on a like-for-like basis, ie age), then per person, they are spreading Covid in hospital more than a vaccinated.

Thanks to this tweeter for pointing out how important it is to get vaccinated to protect people in hospital.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I doubt there is reliable data being tracked unfortunately. I highly doubt that all these questions are known, but the truth is actually been hidden. Although Johnson got into power by repeatedly lying so wouldn't but it past him. I don't think the experts are liars though...they would quickly reveal the truth if is was been hidden.

Clearly it's not just the unvaccinated spreading Covid. But assuming the unvaccinated are more likely to end up in hospital (on a like-for-like basis, ie age), then per person, they are spreading Covid in hospital more than a vaccinated.

Thanks to this tweeter for pointing out how important it is to get vaccinated to protect people in hospital.

It's not just the unvaccinated spreading it, that's true. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread covid. 

In the same way that both me and Ronaldo are capable of playing football. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

It's not just the unvaccinated spreading it, that's true. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated can spread covid. 

In the same way that both me and Ronaldo are capable of playing football. 

I still think your overall contribution to Man United over 90 mins would be better (ie less negative) than Sir CR7's.

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Depends how you look at it...

As you rightly say on a like-for-like basis the unvaccinated are more likely to end up needing hospital care and/or dying, but through sheer numbers vaccinated people that have covid are ending up in hospital in greater numbers than the unvaccinated, as the latest data shows us (see take 11 below taken from the following Govt report)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1045329/Vaccine_surveillance_report_week_1_2022.pdf

Furthermore from page 3 of this report;

Vaccine coverage tells us about the proportion of the population that have received 1, 2 and 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. By 2 January 2022, the overall vaccine uptake in England for dose 1 was 68.6% and for dose 2 was 63.1%. Overall vaccine uptake in England in people with at least 3 doses was 45.6%. In line with the programme rollout, coverage is highest in the oldest age groups 

which is significantly different to the 80%/90% adjusted figures we have become accustomed to displayed here;

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Therefore using the data in the report, rather than being weighted in favour of the unvaccinated on a like-for-like basis, the numbers of people ending up needing emergency care is actually a lot closer to being 1:1 regardless of vaccination status.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.039780a404c3f5e89292cdf670203686.jpg

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

All cause mortality, yes should be helpful. See what you think of this. Genuinely interested in your opinion on his analysis and the fact of censorship within mainstream science.https://rumble.com/vrtbjf-the-latest-data-on-vaccine-efficacy-and-safety-from-the-uk.html

Edited by Andrew3000

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Covid is clearly going to account for a large number.

Do you not think that people having very little if any access to medical facilities is also going to have led to a sizeable number of deaths?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Covid is clearly going to account for a large number.

Do you not think that people having very little if any access to medical facilities is also going to have led to a sizeable number of deaths?

Agreed, also,the policy of dissuading people to seek treatment until very breathless was wrong.  Early treatment should have been given greater emphasis