The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

30 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well tell me how come Derby have said they are waiting for goverment approval then.

They cant say like 3 days before season due to start to say you can now start selling season tickets.

They cost the club enough in lost revenue unless lucky enough let supporters in earlier on in last season.

It’s not three days before the start of the season though is it? It’s six weeks and they have never said the club can’t sell season tickets. The club aren’t awaiting approval to sell season tickets, they’re awaiting a decision on maximum attendances.

I suspect the point you’re trying to make is asking when maximum attendances will be announced. I would guess something like early/mid July or in-line with the decisions on relaxing other restrictions. 

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s not three days before the start of the season though is it? It’s six weeks and they have never said the club can’t sell season tickets. The club aren’t awaiting approval to sell season tickets, they’re awaiting a decision on maximum attendances.

I suspect the point you’re trying to make is asking when maximum attendances will be announced. I would guess something like early/mid July or in-line with the decisions on relaxing other restrictions. 

So next April possibly ??‍♂️

4 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Chief NHS guy just said 1% of hospital beds are taken up by COVID  - let that sink in.

Lockdowns and restrictions were to protect the NHS and the most vulnerable.

We've had freedom day for the 21st June, now it's terminus day for the 19th July, I can't wait to see what they label the 16th August.

In our house, we will be calling it "Our Silver Wedding Anniversary"!

Not very catchy, or even original, but we like it!  ?

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well tell me how come Derby have said they are waiting for goverment approval then.

They cant say like 3 days before season due to start to say you can now start selling season tickets.

They cost the club enough in lost revenue unless lucky enough let supporters in earlier on in last season.

They are waiting for no such thing.  They said they are waiting for "...further information on the UK Government’s plans regarding Step 4 of its roadmap out of lockdown..."

They can sell season tickets right now, if they want.  It's just that right now, they don't know whether they'll be in a position to honour the tickets, or start faffing around with refunds again!

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Still sounds same to me and 6 weeks is no time at all is it.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

In our house, we will be calling it "Our Silver Wedding Anniversary"!

Not very catchy, or even original, but we like it!  ?

The 19th of July is our 24th anniversary.

I hoping it's substantially cheaper than Silver, although looking at a night away to mark the occasion I doubt it!

7 hours ago, i-Ram said:

About time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57492264

Care workers need to be COVID jabbed.

Can see the point , but would also like us to spare a thought these include the people that only a short while ago were hero’s putting their lives on the line to care for and nurse our old people , frontline risking their own lives for others ,

how quickly we forget our debts??‍♂️

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Just 3 weeks to flatten the curve,
Just lockdown to save Xmas,
Just tier 4 to save New Year,
Just until the vulnerable are jabbed,
Just stay home until Easter,
Just wait for June 21st

Just four more weeks………..yeah sure 

It's like the classic sign above the bar at a pub which says "Tomorrow free beer"

Bojo needs one for his news conference stand to say "Lockdown ends next week"

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Can see the point , but would also like us to spare a thought these include the people that only a short while ago were hero’s putting their lives on the line to care for and nurse our old people , frontline risking their own lives for others ,

how quickly we forget our debts??‍♂️

I don’t see it as “forgetting our debt”.

We can be incredibly grateful for them exposing themselves to a far greater risk than the rest of us more fortunate ones but that shouldn’t exempt anyone from having to take precautions to help protect the vulnerable people they have to come into contact. 

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We can be incredibly grateful for them exposing themselves to a far greater risk than the rest of us more fortunate ones but that shouldn’t exempt anyone from having to take precautions to help protect the vulnerable people they have to come into contact. 

Agree, there is already a requirement of employers to ensure their staff have the Flu jab working in that sector, its no different really.

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yep the general public can be incredibly grateful for their selflessness, then demonise them and put them out of work if they for whatever reason don’t comply,?‍♂️

best of luck staffing an already hugely understaffed sector , that won’t impact on health and well-being of the elderly 

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

About time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57492264

Care workers need to be COVID jabbed.

I am conflicted by this...

On the one hand it makes sense to have frontline healthcare workers jabbed but on the other hand why stop at the covid jab?  Flu kills tens of thousands most years and I am sure there are other transmissable diseases that could be prevented as well.

Furthermore you are demanding people get vaccinated, which is not only outright wrong imo but also illegal - the caveat of course is there are other jobs available therefore circumnavigating the law, but as @Archied said this sector is understaffed already and a lot of care workers aren't to keen about getting jabbed.  Lets hope this does not lead to a further lack of care for the elderly. 

https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2021/covid-19-vaccine-refusal-higher-among-health-and-social-care-workers-who-feel

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

On the one hand it makes sense to have frontline healthcare workers jabbed but on the other hand why stop at the covid jab?  Flu kills tens of thousands most years and I am sure there are other transmissable diseases that could be prevented as well.

Furthermore you are demanding people get vaccinated, which is not only outright wrong imo but also illegal - the caveat of course is there are other jobs available therefore circumnavigating the law, but as @Archied said this sector is understaffed already and a lot of care workers aren't to keen about getting jabbed.  Lets hope this does not lead to a further lack of care for the elderly. 

https://www.lshtm.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2021/covid-19-vaccine-refusal-higher-among-health-and-social-care-workers-who-feel

I am not demanding people get vaccinated.  I am saying people who want to work in the care sector must have jabs. If they dont want them, thats fine just work doing something else.  Its pretty black and white for me. Like my football.

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I am conflicted too as stated in my first post i can see the point , but my concern is what is happening to people , nothing is ever black and white and the speed with which the public have taken easily to demonising people, this latest group are people who risked their own lives in the early stages of a virus we knew nothing about to care for others and put them first before themselves and their own families ?‍♂️, where are we headed

13 hours ago, Rev said:

The 19th of July is our 24th anniversary.

I hoping it's substantially cheaper than Silver, although looking at a night away to mark the occasion I doubt it!

If the 25th is "Silver", then 24th might be "Scout".

(I wonder who'll get that?)

58 minutes ago, Archied said:

Flu jab mandatory for care workers?

As you imply, it's not - although all the professional bodies in the sector strongly recommend flu vaccines for all health workers, it is not mandated. Of course, if the Covid-19 vaccination is to be mandated, then it is quite likely that influenza vaccination will follow. Hepatitis vaccination IS mandatory in the sector, but of course that's not something that rolls out a new strain or variant at the drop of a hat.

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am not demanding people get vaccinated.  I am saying people who want to work in the care sector must have jabs. If they dont want them, thats fine just work doing something else.  Its pretty black and white for me. Like my football.

I am swaying towards agreeing with you for frontline medical staff tbh - however I would be concerned about vaccination creep (flu etc), putting pressure on an already understaffed sector and it spreading to other industries resulting in mandatory vaccination via the backdoor. 

Nothing is ever easy is it ?