The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Guess we’ll see in two weeks or so. Not saying more cases is a problem or an issue however, it’s been argued to death this shouldn’t be the indicator on opening up or not. I’m just saying loads of kids will get tested who previously hadn’t been tested so the law of averages says this will increase the number of positive cases.

I think the indicator has to be hospitalisations. 

FWIW my our 17yo has to attend school on Monday at a certain time for a covid test (then return home)

Depending on their year group they start back properly on Tues, Weds or Thurs. 

When he goes back on Thursday he has to have another covid test and assuming everything is okay is allowed to stay at school. 

All kids have to wear 2 masks at all times and have to take regular (forget the frequency) covid tests.

14 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Everyone is telling me schools are half to three quarters full anyway with essential workers kids , so if anything like true I don't see it being as big an impact as if 100% kids going back.

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Absolutely not at the schools my kids or relatives kids go too, they are not even 10% occupied currently. 

It's about 50% attendance currently at my daugter's primary school (she's at home). And that's even with the school supposedly having a policy that both parents (if there are two) have to be key workers for a place.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

It's about 50% attendance currently at my daugter's primary school (she's at home). And that's even with the school supposedly having a policy that both parents (if there are two) have to be key workers for a place.

6 children in my child's class - 2 of them are ours. Normal class is over 20 children.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Brave or stupid, guess we’ll know in two weeks. 

2 weeks might not be enough, but yeah a few weeks should be able to tell.

20 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Dropping on both admissions and ICU, hopefully not to early to say a bit ahead of predicted levels.

Hopefully vax is making a difference but maybe the virus has burnt out a little?  Down here in Spain we have had a pitiful role out of the vax and the death and infection rates have dropped dramatically nonetheless.

I am covered by the Gib health service and had my 2nd jab today, I am not in a high risk category of any sort (apart from being over 60).  I have now have a sort of credit card which states personal details as well the jab info.  can't wait to have to show this to gain entrance into a Spanish establishment, i will be lucky if i only get to be asked politely to leave

On 03/03/2021 at 09:00, Wolfie said:

I would say its about 30-50% in primary schools and around 10-20% in secondary schools. 

It was lower in previous lockdowns. Parents have got lockdown exhaustion and are starting to worry about the negative aspects of children being off so long. As I walk round my local park I regularly see groups of teenagers hanging around, kicking a ball etc so hard to estimate how much impact going to school will have on their exposure to the virus. 

Most secondary school kids will be tested in schools initially and then be given tests to do at home, so won't be surprise to see positive test rates go up but that isn't in itself concerning. 

8 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Germany are changing their mind on the AZ vaccine and going to vaccinate over 65's.

They are also going to follow the UK lead and widen the gap between jabs so they can vaccinate more people faster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56275342

Italy now blocking a shipment of AZ to Australia.

Which brings me to another question, where are the main contributors to this subject, not that I'm complaining, hopefully the absence is a sign of this all coming to and end ?

3 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Which brings me to another question, where are the main contributors to this subject, not that I'm complaining, hopefully the absence is a sign of this all coming to and end ?

Didn't we get told in no uncertain terms that the squabbling and continued debate has to stop?  That, and agree with the moderators decisions or else.  That kinda nuked any further discussion as one mans debate is another mans squabble. 

I'm just waiting to get my jab and for this season to end.  I've gotten more and more detached from football since lockdowns gone on - looking forwards to next season and the atmosphere of live matches again. 

Peace ?️

51 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm just waiting to get my jab and for this season to end.  I've gotten more and more detached from football since lockdowns gone on - looking forwards to next season and the atmosphere of live matches again. 

We're the same. I've hardly watched any football (ok, I've watched Derby a few times, but 'hardly watched any football' still stands). I'm a month in following my first shot, and since then we've been out for two walks. I'm hoping that mid-May will see us at the cricket, but I'm not exactly banking on it.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Its not a good sign when countries start blocking shipments which belong to other countries. It amazes me they can legally do it.

Will be interesting to see if uptake of the AZ vaccine in France and Germany improves now, or is the damage already done.

Maybe instead of Italy blocking shipments they should be talk to France and Germany and say if you dont want your stocks, we will have them.

Surely Australia has a right to be upset, especially as they have been blocked in the name of the EU when stocks sit untouched in other EU countries because they dont want to use them.

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

Didn't we get told in no uncertain terms that the squabbling and continued debate has to stop?  That, and agree with the moderators decisions or else.  That kinda nuked any further discussion as one mans debate is another mans squabble. 

Peace ?️

Some of the posters did contribute to other threads as well, just seemed strange that's all ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

We're the same. I've hardly watched any football (ok, I've watched Derby a few times, but 'hardly watched any football' still stands). I'm a month in following my first shot, and since then we've been out for two walks. I'm hoping that mid-May will see us at the cricket, but I'm not exactly banking on it.

have you had your second jab yet?  Just had mine and it was infinitely more painful than the first.  it was 2 days ago and I still feel like I have flu.