Manager Sack Race

Day

I can recall quite a few posters on here saying that though they have no connections with Derby, they began supporting the Rams from the Glory years of the early 70s.  And my brother in law who lives in London and is from near Leamington, has always been a big Everton fan though he can’t remember why.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kids will always be drawn towards the most successful teams, that is why there is loads of Liverpool fans who are 50 years old now (the last time they won anything)....it why I supported the Supers....I saw them languishing in division 2, slipping towards division 3 and thought, yep thats the team for me....and since then it has been 40 odd years of misery and disgust with a couple of years of amazingness..

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Kids will always be drawn towards the most successful teams, that is why there is loads of Liverpool fans who are 50 years old now (the last time they won anything)....it why I supported the Supers....I saw them languishing in division 2, slipping towards division 3 and thought, yep thats the team for me....and since then it has been 40 odd years of misery and disgust with a couple of years of amazingness..

FD32C410-2457-4734-9870-9DB134F69C5C.jpeg

8 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

I can recall quite a few posters on here saying that though they have no connections with Derby, they began supporting the Rams from the Glory years of the early 70s.  And my brother in law who lives in London and is from near Leamington, has always been a big Everton fan though he can’t remember why.

I missed out on the Glory years but I did start supporting Derby from the end of 1976/Early 1977. 

Was in junior school in Luton then Southampton/Bognor/Worthing and never got near to Derby until 2 years ago. Even Luton was after Ilford and Portsmouth.  Support your local team doesn't really work when you move around a bit.

Anyway, moved to Derby 2 years ago, feels like I've come to a home I never really had.

Up The Mighty Rams!

6 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I missed out on the Glory years but I did start supporting Derby from the end of 1976/Early 1977. 

Was in junior school in Luton then Southampton/Bognor/Worthing and never got near to Derby until 2 years ago. Even Luton was after Ilford and Portsmouth.  Support your local team doesn't really work when you move around a bit.

Anyway, moved to Derby 2 years ago, feels like I've come to a home I never really had.

Up The Mighty Rams!

We almost moved to the Isle of White when I was a kid, Mum and Dad gave me the choice of supporting Southampton or Portsmouth if I moved down there...we didnt, and so I didnt have to choose, but to this day I cant stand Southampton..!!....... play up Pompey!!

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep Spot on. This was me back in the day, enjoyed the times when Liverpool came to the local clubs Notts county , Forest and Derby and was taken to watch them and then being aloud to stay up late on a school night to watch their European triumphs on TV (can still hear the brilliant theme music as i write this)But i also always had a Derby season ticket and i guess i grew up.

Winning all the time gets boring anyway.

C'mon You Rams

17 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

This is terrible news for all involved here!!!! ??

Well, unless Brum make a comedy appointment?

Lets hope demoralised and directionless squad of players wanting out has a larger dynamic than yey the boss has gone, oh, better pull my finger out for the new boss.

Archived