Manager Sack Race

Day

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
7 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah course they do..

??Im guessing when we have played Utd in the past and our fans are chanting 'You only live round the corner'..you are the lone voice shouting 'No they dont, they live in Manchester'

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

??Im guessing when we have played Utd in the past and our fans are chanting 'You only live round the corner'..you are the lone voice shouting 'No they dont, they live in Manchester'

Yeah that’s right.... i was sat on my hand when I went to old trafford to see Burton play them with about 10,000 brewers fans and they were singing “loyal supporters”... irony is not lost on me. 

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yeah course they do..

A survey of Man United's supposed 659 million fans:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21478857

Of the 659 million figure, Kantar says roughly half (325 million) live in the Asia Pacific region, 173 million in the Middle East and Africa, 90 million in Europe and 71 million in the Americas.

I find the 659 million figure hard to believe, and the 'proper' Man United fans are some of the best in the world, but there's no denying the fact that the majority of their 'fans' are a long way from Manchester.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Of the 659 million figure, Kantar says roughly half (325 million) live in the Asia Pacific region, 173 million in the Middle East and Africa, 90 million in Europe and 71 million in the Americas.

I find the 659 million figure hard to believe, and the 'proper' Man United fans are some of the best in the world, but there's no denying the fact that the majority of their 'fans' are a long way from Manchester.

ha ha, yeah, but im pretty sure when knobbers are singing "you only live round the corner" as suggested earlier in this thread that there isnt too many of those match going fans from the Asia Pacific region or made the trip over from Africa..!?

I agree, (again I agree with you!!) the "proper" fans are definitely the best supporters in the country.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Those were stated as 659m followers, not fans. I'm guessing that's defined as someone who watches them on TV or looks out for their results.

50 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

ha ha, yeah, but im pretty sure when knobbers are singing "you only live round the corner" as suggested earlier in this thread that there isnt too many of those match going fans from the Asia Pacific region or made the trip over from Africa..!?

I agree, (again I agree with you!!) the "proper" fans are definitely the best supporters in the country.

Man Utd away fans are possibly the best in the country, Man Utd home fans are possibly the worst in the country.

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

Man Utd away fans are possibly the best in the country, Man Utd home fans are possibly the worst in the country.

yep, that Friday night game we played them in the cup, that was the loudest, drunkest away end ever at pride park....maybe with the exception of when Rangers came down..!!!

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I think they have to take it when they give out poo like 'Youve only come to see united'...

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

got to say that is one of my favorite chants...i love the arrogance of football fans

Yep so if they are going to give that out, because of course there will be some fans that have, but most go everyweek, then being on the receivng end of you only live round the corner is just as accurate because a fair proportion of them will.

Because too many 'knobbers' as you call it support the likes of united, chelsea, city because they win stuff and not because they are their local team.

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Yep so if they are going to give that out, because of course there will be some fans that have, but most go everyweek, then being on the receivng end of you only live round the corner is just as accurate because a fair proportion of them will.

Because too many 'knobbers' as you call it support the likes of united, chelsea, city because they win stuff and not because they are their local team.

You have any idea how hard it is to get an away ticket for United? The fans that get them are legit United fans, wherever they live (and most live in Manchester)

Sith Happens
Just now, MuespachRam said:

You have any idea how hard it is to get an away ticket for United? The fans that get them are legit United fans, wherever they live (and most live in Manchester)

No

because I support a local team

10 hours ago, rynny said:

Leeds are up there for best away followings, alongside Man Utd.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Sorry mate, I know a group of 12 blokes that go to loads of European games as a part of the supporters club. The closest one to Salford is from Bury. The rest are from the Midlands, Norwich and London. Most of them are ball bags to boot. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry mate, I know a group of 12 blokes that go to loads of European games as a part of the supporters club. The closest one to Salford is from Bury. The rest are from the Midlands, Norwich and London. Most of them are ball bags to boot. 

But they are all season ticket holders.? So “real” fans. 

10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

But they are all season ticket holders.? So “real” fans. 

I don't know. There unlikely to go more than a few years without winning something, so unlikely to test that theory to its maximum. Not convinced they'd go to watch them play Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the European competitions if they were losing 4-0 instead of winning them. They certainly have a one up man ship arrogance about them, particularly saving there vitriol for the teams in the place there from which is weird.  My gut feeling is if they got relegated or even finished bottom half for a few years they'd spit the dummy and strop off to Man City.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I don't know. There unlikely to go more than a few years without winning something, so unlikely to test that theory to its maximum. Not convinced they'd go to watch them play Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the European competitions if they were losing 4-0 instead of winning them. They certainly have a one up man ship arrogance about them, particularly saving there vitriol for the teams in the place there from which is weird.  My gut feeling is if they got relegated or even finished bottom half for a few years they'd spit the dummy and strop off to Man City.

When I was growing up, my brother in law was a city fan (he’s from Manchester). I remember, when I was a young and foolish boy, I supported United for a couple of seasons, and he even took me to a reserve game through gritted teeth, as a treat.

I’m not sure exactly when, but he switched to become a United fan. Sometime in the past decade or so. 

boy did he back the wrong horse!?

Sith Happens
54 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

When I was growing up, my brother in law was a city fan (he’s from Manchester). I remember, when I was a young and foolish boy, I supported United for a couple of seasons, and he even took me to a reserve game through gritted teeth, as a treat.

I’m not sure exactly when, but he switched to become a United fan. Sometime in the past decade or so. 

boy did he back the wrong horse!?

Strange one ha. Amazing how many City fans there are now though.

I work in Nottingham, and in an office of 20 or so, of the ones interested in football there are more City fans (3) than any other team.

Amazingly none of them come from Manchester and only one has actually been to see City play, at a corporate work event.

My nephew used to be a Forest fan growing up but switched to United when he became an adult for some reason....the fact it was in the height of their success can have had nothing to do with it, even managed to get himself a season ticket which he mysteriously stopped renewing 3 or 4 seasons back....odd one that.

Archived