Best song with a geographical location in it.

sage

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Just a  confirmation, it must be a specific place, even if it isn't an actual place, so in terms of The Jam, Strange Town is ok but Boy about Town isn't, unless there is only one of them like the World or Sun. So Into the Valley isn't specific as there are lost of valleys.

Sorry to be pedantic, but just laying out the groundrules. 

@angieramthe good news is i think this means I’m ok with my suggestion - yay?! Bad news is that it means I’ve had two on one page - doh! 

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, sage said:

Just a  confirmation, it must be a specific place, even if it isn't an actual place, so in terms of The Jam, Strange Town is ok but Boy about Town isn't, unless there is only one of them like the World or Sun. So Into the Valley isn't specific as there are lost of valleys.

Sorry to be pedantic, but just laying out the groundrules. 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

So that rules out "There's a Boy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis" then? Drat! 

How are you on places that sound like real places but aren't? Like Seven Seas of Rhye, Queen? 

as per

giphy.gif

Confusion reigns...

So, the OP and rule maker reacts to two different videos posted on the same page by the same poster, so it appears the "One post per page" rule isn't strictly administered?

Scarborough is an actual place, so that can't be the reason my second video on page two was removed?

Not wishing to keep continually breaking the myriad of rules, could @sage or admin explain?

Dc2f.gif

EDIT:

Oh... wait... could it be @sage does not have the power to remove a post, and is waiting for admin to carry out such a request (to the aforementioned "second video by the same poster")?

Apologies if that's the case, but clarity would be most appreciated.  ?

#iloverules

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

giphy.gif

Confusion reigns...

So, the OP and rule maker reacts to two different videos posted on the same page by the same poster, so it appears the "One post per page" rule isn't strictly administered?

Scarborough is an actual place, so that can't be the reason my second video on page two was removed?

Not wishing to keep continually breaking the myriad of rules, could @sage or admin explain?

Dc2f.gif

Sorry Mucker, we are not allowed to discuss hidden posts nor can we divulge which female moderator did it.

Archived