The Mel Morris Interview

therealhantsram

26 minutes ago, Ramslaar said:

One could no longer complete his job for which was employed the other 2 could

I'll respond with the same reply I've given to another poster; I was asked what I would have done in the same situation which I have done and am happy that would have been the appropriate action.

I don't want these discussions to be turned into something which could be twisted as being remotely critical of a certain person so rightly or wrongly I'm being deliberately guarded with my answers.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

An interesting bit for some:

The terms include covering working capital for this season (£22m) and next (slightly less), plus taking responsibility for a £15m loan. 

So essentially leaving the club debt free for at least the next 2 seasons by taking no money from the deal himself. 

Dunno how anyone can criticise him here. There’s plenty in the past to criticise but he’s willing to forgo any money from the sale to secure our future. Proper fan. 

Sad to hear about MM health issues and loss of a close friend ? 

Despite mixed results at times I always felt MM had Derby's best interests at heart and regardless of any outside issues never deserved any of that flak that came his way.  Hopefully a takeover will be completed in due course and he will have left us in good hands.

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

So essentially leaving the club debt free for at least the next 2 seasons by taking no money from the deal himself. 

Dunno how anyone can criticise him here. There’s plenty in the past to criticise but he’s willing to forgo any money from the sale to secure our future. Proper fan. 

Other payments due based on success and promotion 

59 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll respond with the same reply I've given to another poster; I was asked what I would have done in the same situation which I have done and am happy that would have been the appropriate action.

I don't want these discussions to be turned into something which could be twisted as being remotely critical of a certain person so rightly or wrongly I'm being deliberately guarded with my answers.

Fair play mate.but I'd find it quite hard for anyone to come to a solid conclusion without any facts only what they read in the media. I ment no harm just guilty of not reading the further posts so I'm sorry for you having to repeat for me??

1 minute ago, Ramslaar said:

Fair play mate.but I'd find it quite hard for anyone to come to a solid conclusion without any facts only what they read in the media. I ment no harm just guilty of not reading the further posts so I'm sorry for you having to repeat for me??

Apologies if I came across as a little terse in my reply it definitely wasn't meant to be directed at yourself if I did.

12 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m very sorry to hear about Mel’s health issues. The stress around Derby can’t be helping him one bit.

Yes, chronic stress is a cause of more health issues than many of us realise. Hopefully Mr Morris can put everything behind him and move on. He's performed above and beyond the call of duty for DCFC. 

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

An interesting bit for some:

The terms include covering working capital for this season (£22m) and next (slightly less), plus taking responsibility for a £15m loan. 

It is very interesting. I took it to mean the outline sale terms require the purchaser to remit funds to the club to cover future losses (not working capital in the strict sense). This is MM ensuring when he sells that the club will be adequately funded. You’d rather be sold by a fan than by a financial investor ... 

I think it was pretty obvious that Mel was seriously unwell when he did the 'Stay Connected' video. he looked pale, gaunt and had clearly lost a lot of weight. It's a great shame that some folk feel they have to keep chiselling away but as we're so often told, that's what 'supporter' forums are for, aren't they? ?‍♂️

Incredibly, what has been widely deduced by the forum is largely correct? 

Mel has always had my thanks and support, the only mild issue has been wanting more information recently. He seems to still have the club's best interests at heart and I really hope for his and our sakes he manages to pull a deal off that suits everyone. 

11 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think it was pretty obvious that Mel was seriously unwell when he did the 'Stay Connected' video. he looked pale, gaunt and had clearly lost a lot of weight. It's a great shame that some folk feel they have to keep chiselling away but as we're so often told, that's what 'supporter' forums are for, aren't they? ?‍♂️

What's Stay Connected out of interest? As I genuinely have no idea what that is nevermind seen the video and hazarding a guess neither have other posters on here too.

38 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What's Stay Connected out of interest? As I genuinely have no idea what that is nevermind seen the video and hazarding a guess neither have other posters on here too.

Suspect many have as it was posted on here matey. It was Mel, Owen and co talking about folk remaining connected through lockdown. It was posted here, at DCFC Offical and on their YouTube cannel so I'd hazard a guess that most will have seen it.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Also if you just look at Mel's face, he's scarcely recognisable from only a few months back, which was the point I originally alluded to. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Suspect many have as it was posted on here matey. It was Mel, Owen and co talking about folk remaining connected through lockdown. It was posted here, at DCFC Offical and on their YouTube cannel so I'd hazard a guess that most will have seen it.

Thanks. I've never seen it until now. Not sure how many other people will have well but thanks for sharing 

Over the last few months I've been uncomfortable about the occasional allusions to Mel's health on here. In many ways this should be private, but as a public figure, and at the centre of our community, inevitably there's the huge public spotlight. In some ways I'm glad more information is now out in the public domain so the current situation becomes easier for everyone to understand.

Sounds as if it's been a tough year for Mel and that it may well continue to be. As others have said, if anyone is in touch with him directly, I'm sure many/most/all on here would want to wish him well and thank him for his care and love of the club. We're all part of the Derby family together.

Archived