The Mel Morris Interview

therealhantsram

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope Mel gets well, he has obviously been through a personal hell over the last year.

I also hope those posters who have been spouting their vitriol about him and demanding this and that over the same length of time take pause and try to learn to be kinder to people.

Interesting that after all the crap the daily fail has written about he chooses them to get his story out in the open.

Does not sound good at all from Mel’s perspective although he seems to play it down a bit, probably putting a brave face on it. Completely get how his health has caused him to re-evaluate things. Fact he’s prepared to write off £200m should also outline to everyone how committed he’s been to the club, regardless of whether it has gone to plan or not. The point he makes about the pandemic and the impact on the EFL clubs is right, if this pandemic goes on several clubs will be under threat. Unless you are in the premier league or have parachute payments you’re screwed.

It does concern me that BZI still have a contract and it could still happen. They won’t have the same intentions. They will not be prepared to write off £200m through a personal love of the club. But that goes for any owner out there. It doesn’t mean that if they do takeover they will be like the three amigos though. They could just as easily be like GSE and at least try to run us sustainably.

About time. Some communication was warranted.

it seems to confirm what we assumed; deal signed, committing both parties, but the money hasn’t materialised. 

Sorry to learn of the personal health issues. 

Truly hope he’s ok 

whatever some think about his handling of the club he’s only ever done it with the best of intentions and trying to fulfill ours and his dream of seeing Derby sustaining themselves in the top flight 

it hasn’t happened but it’s not through lack of trying and huge amounts of his money and time 

When he does leave his foundations he’s laid down in the academy and training ground will see us right for years and years to come 

Thankyou Mel 

Wish him all the best.

As others have said, he’s only ever wanted the best for Derby. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and a lot of Derby fans expected all the success without any financial risk...it just doesn’t work like that.

The chance of us ever getting another owner who cares for the club as much as he does whilst also having the money to plough in to the club is pretty much zero.

Is about time that a public announcement was made about the state of the club, takeover etc but why the massive delay and why use the Daily Mail as a voicepiece?

I've read posts on here querying whether Morris would be governed by an NDA so was bound to remain tight-lipped but unless that's been ripped up legally then that's not a valid excuse anymore and never was. 

I totally understand that he's been ill but surely there's other people in the Derby hierarchy he could have delegated this to.

Disregarding how we, as individuals, perceive his tenure in charge of DCFC, I still find it difficult to comprehend some of the negativity... and vitriol, in some cases... that has been spouted on here over recent months.

Those rumours about his health were out there, and they were strong.  Those rumours alone should have been enough for certain posters to have taken a step back, and shown some respect.  Say little.  Say nothing, even!  

I wish you all the best, Mr Morris.  From a personal perspective, a business perspective, and most of all, from a health perspective.
I also send my best wishes for a happy birthday for next week.
And a massive thanks for all you have done... and continue to do... for our beloved football club.

All the best, sir.

?

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is about time that a public announcement was made about the state of the club, takeover etc but why the massive delay and why use the Daily Mail as a voicepiece?

I've read posts on here querying whether Morris would be governed by an NDA so was bound to remain tight-lipped but unless that's been ripped up legally then that's not a valid excuse anymore and never was. 

I totally understand that he's been ill but surely there's other people in the Derby hierarchy he could have delegated this to.

Do you understand how an NDA works?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I sincerely hope Mel gets well, he has obviously been through a personal hell over the last year.

I also hope those posters who have been spouting their vitriol about him and demanding this and that over the same length of time take pause and try to learn to be kinder to people.

I agree but do you not think a simple statement from MM at an earlier stage would have stopped all of the vitriol?

16 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

In the interview he says its still in place doesnt he

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So what are you on about him ripping it up?

Was making the point that there was a lot of speculation that the club couldn't make any announcements or give any updates about the takeover as it was governed by an NDA.

But seeing as Morris has divulged information in the Mail then this can't be the case.

So was querying then why it's taken this long for comms to appear as it can't be due to an existing NDA.

And furthered this by saying understand Morris has been ill but the sharing of these updates could have been delegated to another person within the  Derby hierarchy.

Archived